Windows 10: [SOLVED] Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity

Discus and support [SOLVED] Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I've been working on in-place windows 10 upgrades on some machines, and only some users are reporting that they are experiencing lock outs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by siliconedream, Nov 20, 2019.

1. [SOLVED] Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello,

I've been working on in-place windows 10 upgrades on some machines, and only some users are reporting that they are experiencing lock outs after only 1-2 minutes of inactivity. On the previous windows version, windows 7, this has not been an issue.

So far I've tried:

- Setting screen, hibernate and sleep timeout to never

- Setting hard disk to not turn off during inactivity

- Editing the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Power > PowerSettings > 238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20 > 7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0 to change the "system unattended sleep timeout" to never

- Check if any GPO's are in place that affect system lockout

- Editing local group policy "interactive login: machine inactivity limit" to the max amount

- Resetting power settings and doing all changes again

And users are still experiencing issues. 1 thing to note, after changing the local group policy on 1 machine it seemed to have worked, but after doing the same changes to the others they still have issues. Any help?

EDIT: Seems like other profiles on the affected machines do not have the same timeout activity. After deleting the affected profiles and re-logging in with their domain account, everything seems to be in working order.

:)

siliconedream, Nov 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Nov 20, 2019
  3. JDIDDY_66 Win User
    how to stop Windows 10 desktop auto lock after 1 minute of inactivity requiring password

I am operating Windows 10 and my machine automatically goes into lock screen after one minute of inactivity. My settings for screen saver and lock screen are not set for one minute and this automatic one minute lock gets very frustrating. Please assist
    in a solution to stop my machine from automatically going into lock screen after one minute.

JDIDDY_66, Nov 20, 2019
  4. [SOLVED] Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity

Windows 10 Logging off under 2 minutes of inactivity

Hi,

I realize that the computer is logging off if it is under 2 minutes of inactivity. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Is the issue specific to this user account?
    You may run the Power troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting”.

• Click on “View all” and select “Power”.
    Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter completely. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Further you may also follow these steps to reset all default power plans to default settings:

• Open a command prompt.

• In the command prompt, type “powercfg –restoredefaultschemes” and press Enter.

• Close the command prompt.
    Remember to restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us updated to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

[SOLVED] Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity

1. [SOLVED] Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity - Similar Threads - SOLVED machines locking

2. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity: I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings...
  3. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity: I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings...
  4. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity: Since using Windows 10, my issue has been inactive window even desktop after screen display times out after 2 minutes of inactivity. After the display times out, I wake my PC by pressing any key or moving the mouse. Then I am presented w/my password on Windows Lockscreen....
  6. my win10 locks to sign in screen after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my win10 locks to sign in screen after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity: screen is only set to turn off after 3 hours and the rest are disabled (Dynamic Lock, screen savers and power setting options) submitted by /u/koorio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkrigd/my_win10_locks_to_sign_in_screen_after_1_or_2/
  7. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  8. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  9. Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity

Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity: Hello, I've been working on in-place windows 10 upgrades on some machines, and only some users are reporting that they are experiencing lock outs after only 1-2 minutes of inactivity. On the previous windows version, windows 7, this has not been an issue. So far I've...
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...