Windows 10: Solved windows 10 start icon refreshed after updating but showing old icons in search

Discus and support Solved windows 10 start icon refreshed after updating but showing old icons in search in Cortana to solve the problem; It is because of old icon cache. For this we have to clear it. Use keyboard shortcut "windows + R" and the run window will appear then type or paste... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Nischay Balani, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Solved windows 10 start icon refreshed after updating but showing old icons in search

It is because of old icon cache. For this we have to clear it. Use keyboard shortcut "windows + R" and the run window will appear then type or paste the command " %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\localstate\AppIconCache " and delete the folder 100 by using "shift + del delete" button and then hit enter now you can search any app and you will see that icons are refreshed in windows 10 search same as windows start menu icons.

:)

Nischay Balani, Feb 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.

Windows 10 Search keeps showing old icons for all apps. If an app get an update with a new icon, the icon get refreshed automatically everywhere, except Windows Search Box Result.
    Tried a lot of tweaks such as Resetting Windows Search through Powershell, Rebuilding Search Index, Rebuilding Icon cache, Saving thumbnail from Advanced System Settings but nothing worked. The icons won't refresh automatically after
    app updates, neither for Microsoft Store App nor for Third Party App. But I get icons for newly installed apps.
    Though, Changing Text and Images from100% to 125%>Restart>Change back from 125% to 100% refreshes the icons, but it is a
    temporary solution only. Icons don't get refreshed later after any app updates.

I also deleted all files from %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\AppIconCache\100 directory, searched for apps and all icons are refreshed instantly. But if I update another app afterwards, icons for them
    won't be refreshed anymore.

I also re-installed Cortana through Powershell and icons got refreshed, but if I update another app afterwards, icons for them won't be refreshed anymore(Same problem everytime). How to make those AppIconCache fixed? Please help.

5f649aed-0696-4117-957c-6eb6240d057d, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 20, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Solved windows 10 start icon refreshed after updating but showing old icons in search

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Solved windows 10 start icon refreshed after updating but showing old icons in search

1. Solved windows 10 start icon refreshed after updating but showing old icons in search - Similar Threads - Solved start icon

2. windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

in Cortana
    windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search: the app's icon has refreshed in start menu as well as in desktop after updating, but when using search next to the start menu, it still show the old icon, and the recent list is also the old icon.i have tried the solution of this...
  3. windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search: the app's icon has refreshed in start menu as well as in desktop after updating, but when using search next to the start menu, it still show the old icon, and the recent list is also the old icon.i have tried the solution of this...
  4. windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.: Windows 10 Search Box Result shows old icons for all apps. When apps No matter Microsoft Store apps or third-party apps get updated and get new icon, their icons refreshes everywhere except Search Box result. Tried Rebuilding search index, resetting Windows Search, Resetting...
  6. Search still shows old icons after updating.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search still shows old icons after updating.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_sahil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8jm8d/search_still_shows_old_icons_after_updating/
  7. Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.: Windows 10 Search keeps showing old icons for all apps. If an app get an update with a new icon, the icon get refreshed automatically everywhere, except Windows Search Box Result.Tried a lot of tweaks such as Resetting Windows Search through Powershell, Rebuilding Search...
  8. No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?

No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/retestreak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hedbzx/no_icons_in_startmenu_after_update_how_to_solve/
  9. App searches still show old icons

App searches still show old icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VincentJoshuaET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftewvf/app_searches_still_show_old_icons/
  10. Windows Search Index (Icons refreshing)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Index (Icons refreshing): I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that I believe has to do with Windows Search Index. The issue is that the icons are blinking/refreshing around every 30 seconds to a minute. The icons on the desktop, and the ones pinned to the taskbar refresh. If I disable the Windows...