Windows 10: [SOLVED]Windows 7 Home x64 - COA sticker

Discus and support [SOLVED]Windows 7 Home x64 - COA sticker in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I have installed Win7 from scratch. Activated it ok using a COA sticker at the bottom of the laptop. Installed all Windows Update updates. I ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by eLPuSHeR, Sep 23, 2015.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

[SOLVED]Windows 7 Home x64 - COA sticker

Hello. I have installed Win7 from scratch. Activated it ok using a COA sticker at the bottom of the laptop. Installed all Windows Update updates. I ran gatherosstate thing and generated a genuineticket.xml file. Format. Installed w10 from scratch (clean). No connection to web. Copied the xml file to its ProgramData location.

Trying to activate w10 it tells me the key has been blocked.

Any ideas?S

:)

eLPuSHeR, Sep 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 Home (free upgrade from 7) won't activate after replacing hard drive with SSD and doing a USB recovery drive reinstall.

If it came preinstalled with Windows 7 Home Premium, then the product key should be on the COA sticker attached to the machine? Is it missing?

Andre Da Costa, Sep 23, 2015
  3. windows 10 Activation issue

Also double check the Windows 7 version which is almost never Ultimate on a COA sticker affixed to the PC. If it's Home Premium then you need 10 Home version in order for it to activate. If it's Ultimate then the Windows 10 version should be Pro.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 23, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

I forgot to mention that I have made backup copy of the system partition using Macrium. I can restore it and try the update from w7 route. What do you think? After updating Win7, I had the reserve w10 icon on my system tray.

eLPuSHeR, Sep 23, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Sep 23, 2015
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Thank you very much. I will check it. Let's see how it goes...

Woohoo! I must have made something wrong earlier. This time it automatically activated. Running slmgr /xpr says "This Windows is activated permanently"

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [SOLVED]Windows 7 Home x64 - COA sticker - Similar Threads - SOLVED Home x64

2. Windows 10 Pro activation - COA sticker doesn't have product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation - COA sticker doesn't have product key: I'm trying to activate Windows 10 Pro on a refurbished HP Z420. There is what appears to be an authentic COA sticker on the top of the box. There is no indication of the usual 25-digit product key, but there is a 23 digit number along the top of one of the UPCs exhibiting a...
  3. Windows 10 Pro activation - COA sticker doesn't have product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro activation - COA sticker doesn't have product key: I'm trying to activate Windows 10 Pro on a refurbished HP Z420. There is what appears to be an authentic COA sticker on the top of the box. There is no indication of the usual 25-digit product key, but there is a 23 digit number along the top of one of the UPCs exhibiting a...
  4. Windows 10 Pro activation - COA sticker doesn't have product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dodgy coa sticker question

dodgy coa sticker question: Hello, i have a quite strange dilema. About 2 years ago i bought used dell computer with windows 7 coa sticker on it. it didn't seem much of a stretch it would be actual oryginal sticker that came with the pc, and it activated with no problems even though i had to guess some...
  6. Windows COA Sticker shows Home, Pro installed

Windows COA Sticker shows Home, Pro installed: We purchased a refurbished PC online that has Windows 10 Pro installed. However, the COA sticker says Windows Home. I was told I didn't need the sticker to be correct when I inquired about the discrepancy. Is this correct? Or was I cheated? This PC will be used in a...
  7. Is this COA sticker design legit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this COA sticker design legit?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jarh95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmp8bq/is_this_coa_sticker_design_legit/
  8. windows 7 COA to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 7 COA to windows 10: I am a computer tech for a national retail computer sales and service company, being part of their service and repair team I have been required to obtain training from a variety of sites, of course the Microsoft Expert Zone is one of them, as such over the years as part of...
  9. Successfully activated Win10 Using Win7 COA Sticker Key today

Successfully activated Win10 Using Win7 COA Sticker Key today: The title of my Windows Enterprise Desktop blog post for today says it all: Win7 Still Activates Win10 2/27/18. Cheers! --Ed-- 105121
  10. No Win 10 entitlement on Dell PCs COA sticker "Win 7 Pro OA India"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Win 10 entitlement on Dell PCs COA sticker "Win 7 Pro OA India": Unable to get Win 10 entitlement on Dell PCs COA sticker "Win 7 Pro OA India" I used an answer XML that didnt work too well and had to remove a few fields from it as WSIM would not validate those fields. Now this is the F up.. Not a single of my Genuine Dell machines...