Windows 10: Solved: Windows freezing every 30 seconds or so.

Discus and support Solved: Windows freezing every 30 seconds or so. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i've been googling like crazy person trying to figure out this problem i've been having where the PC seems to "freeze" for a bout 4 seconds every 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mystere, May 26, 2020.

1. Mystere Win User

Solved: Windows freezing every 30 seconds or so.

So i've been googling like crazy person trying to figure out this problem i've been having where the PC seems to "freeze" for a bout 4 seconds every 30 seconds or a minute. I disabled tons of services, couldn't seem to narrow it down.

There are lots of people with this problem over the years, and most of them seem to have different problems and solutions. Mine was present in a fresh install of Windows 10 insider. It was very annoying, and didn't seem to happen on my laptop running the same build.

Then it dawned on me. The freeze seemed to coincide with the Wallpaper Slideshow (i'm using themes downloaded from the Windows Store). Ok, problem narrowed down! But it still didn't seem to happen on my laptop even with the same slideshow, so that suggested it might be driver related. The laptop is using an Intel HD chipset, my desktop a nVidia GTX 1660 Ti.

The obvious solution was to disable the slideshow, but I didn't want to. So I found another solution.

The problem seems to be related to the GPU switching on during the wallpaper change. So I opened up Settings, searched for Graphics Settings. Then in the "Custom Options for apps" i chose "Desktop app" and "Browse" then selected Explorer.exe from the \Windows folder. Then, clicking on the entry for Windows Explorer, and choosing "Options" i chose "Power saving".

Bingo bam, problem solved. At least for me. My theory is that this prevents the GPU from taking over the task.

Posted here to help anyone else that might have the issue.

:)

Mystere, May 26, 2020

2. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stuck at 30%

The computer freezes during the restart phase

• Working on updates / 30% complete / Don't turn off your computer
    • as soon as the computer hits 30% it waits about 5 seconds or so then no longer continues, my cursor freezes, hdd indicator light turns off. so considering ive even gone as far as installing a fresh windows 10 on my computer and it still not working do you
      think it might be the sata cables/hdd/ssd being the main problem?

Cecilio_100, May 26, 2020
  4. VBX
    vbx Win User

computer freezes at windows logo.

My Win7 logo use to freeze right when the 3 dots start rotating. For a good 30-60 seconds. Then windows loads.

I changed my Graphic Card and it fixed the freezing logo.

Thema:

1. Solved: Windows freezing every 30 seconds or so. - Similar Threads - Solved freezing every

2. Trying to solve issue where mouse cursor freezes every minute or so for 1 second, and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to solve issue where mouse cursor freezes every minute or so for 1 second, and then...: Hi all,I've started trouble-shooting this issue as I feel like it used to happen infrequently, and is now happening frequently.It all started with just one mouse freeze. I'd never seen it happen before. This PC is a somewhat high end, custom built gaming PC that never really...
  3. Trying to solve issue where mouse cursor freezes every minute or so for 1 second, and then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to solve issue where mouse cursor freezes every minute or so for 1 second, and then...: Hi all,I've started trouble-shooting this issue as I feel like it used to happen infrequently, and is now happening frequently.It all started with just one mouse freeze. I'd never seen it happen before. This PC is a somewhat high end, custom built gaming PC that never really...
  4. Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  5. Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  6. Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  7. BSOD every 30 minutes or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every 30 minutes or so: I can`t find the soloution to this problem.REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose reference count is being loweredArg2: ffff9588851d1050, Object whose reference count is being loweredArg3: 0000000000000010, ReservedArg4:...
  8. Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds: Hello and Happy New Year,I have had this problem for approximately 2months now and I have contacted our IT support but they couldn't resolve the issue as I believe this must be to do with Windows updates or something else in windows.I have been experiencing consistent...
  9. Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds

Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds: Hello and Happy New Year,I have had this problem for approximately 2months now and I have contacted our IT support but they couldn't resolve the issue as I believe this must be to do with Windows updates or something else in windows.I have been experiencing consistent...
  10. Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging