Windows 10: SOLVED : Windows keeps asking for password despite settings

Discus and support SOLVED : Windows keeps asking for password despite settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I changed my password and after that it kept prompting password upon start up even though I had the box unchecked in netplwiz. What happens is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/akaCryptic, Mar 24, 2020.

1. SOLVED : Windows keeps asking for password despite settings

Recently I changed my password and after that it kept prompting password upon start up even though I had the box unchecked in netplwiz. What happens is that the system tries to bypass the password request by filling it in using the password you provide. When password is change the one in memory becomes outdated.

Solution : Tick the 'Users must enver a user name and dpassword' box, apply changes, untick, apply.

submitted by /u/akaCryptic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/akaCryptic, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Saja67 Win User

Bitlocker not asking for password set up

I have the same problem as David with bitlocker set-up not asking me for a password. Following the instructions in the article suggested by Jennifer does not help as it assumes that I will be prompted to enter a password - the set up skips that step going
    straight to the options for saving the recovery key. Once (supposedly) encrypted, I can restart my computer without having to enter anything apart from my microsoft password so I do not have any additional security at all.

Saja67, Mar 24, 2020
  3. MickF-UK Win User
    Keeps on asking for cred user name and password.

Hi
    Niteshkumar1709

Thanks for your reply,

1. What exactly are you trying to change in Credential manager? I am just trying to view the stored

password(s) of the saved web sites.

2. Does the issue occur with a particular website? No I just open 'IE', Internet options-Content-Autocomplete-Settings-Manage Passwords, select an address from the list & press 'show'

I did as you suggested & set up 'admin' user with 'admin' password, when I open

Manage passwords & select Web Credentials it shows the list of saved passwords. I can select one of the

list & click on 'show' at the side of the password, a box pops up asking for the user password, I enter the password 'admin' and the asterisked password is revealed-that's ok.

My original question was-and still is- my normal account that I logon with is a 'local' account with NO

password, why should 1) Windows ask for a password in web credentials when Windows knows I have no password to logon with & 2) as I have no password why won't the pop up box accept a 'blank' password

that I set up my logon account with.

MickF-UK, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

SOLVED : Windows keeps asking for password despite settings

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

SOLVED : Windows keeps asking for password despite settings

1. SOLVED : Windows keeps asking for password despite settings - Similar Threads - SOLVED keeps asking

2. Windows 11 asks for password to access network shares despite passwords not required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 asks for password to access network shares despite passwords not required.: Hi, I have a network with 1 Windows 11, 1 Windows 8.1, and 2 Windows 7 pcs. The Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 PC's can all access each other but none can access the Windows 11 pc and it cannot access any of the shares on any of the other pcs. The Windows 11 network and shares...
  3. Windows 11 asks for password to access network shares despite passwords not required.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 asks for password to access network shares despite passwords not required.: Hi, I have a network with 1 Windows 11, 1 Windows 8.1, and 2 Windows 7 pcs. The Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 PC's can all access each other but none can access the Windows 11 pc and it cannot access any of the shares on any of the other pcs. The Windows 11 network and shares...
  4. Asking for Administrator permission in a WPF application despite setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for Administrator permission in a WPF application despite setting...: 0I developed a WPF application using .NET 5 and I must run it with administrator privileges. I have created a setup project and added the primary output of my WPF application to it.To accomplish this, I have made sure to set the requestedExecutionLevel attribute to...
  5. Asking for Administrator permission in a WPF application despite setting...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking for Administrator permission in a WPF application despite setting...: 0I developed a WPF application using .NET 5 and I must run it with administrator privileges. I have created a setup project and added the primary output of my WPF application to it.To accomplish this, I have made sure to set the requestedExecutionLevel attribute to...
  6. Wifi keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps asking for password: Wifi keeps asking for password everytime i shut down my computer. Someone in my company took my computer after it didnt connect to company network and did something to connect i dont know what it is. Even though i searched for solutions it didnt work for me....
  7. Wifi keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps asking for password: Wifi keeps asking for password everytime i shut down my computer. Someone in my company took my computer after it didnt connect to company network and did something to connect i dont know what it is. Even though i searched for solutions it didnt work for me....
  8. Keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeps asking for password: I had an issue with my password a few months ago and had to change it. Ever since, everything I was automatically signed into with my old password, keeps asking me for my password. All Microsoft related products. It's driving me nuts. I have clicked the "Keep me signed in"...
  9. My problem for windows asking for email and password solved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My problem for windows asking for email and password solved: My problem was that windows was trying to login and said "password incorrect"My problem was solved by switching to a in local account in Sign in options with no password entered...
  10. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...