Windows 10: Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically

Discus and support Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just wanted to share a solution to a problem that I was having with both of my Wireless Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combinations. I would randomly have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John L_Nic, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically

I just wanted to share a solution to a problem that I was having with both of my Wireless Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combinations. I would randomly have my wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse become erratic and either not work in the case of my keyboard or erratically in the case of my wireless mouse. I had this problem on both my new Dell Windows 10 and older Windows 7 computers. After much troubleshooting I discovered that there is a Logitech device driver that was causing the problem. Here is what I did to fix it. I don't know if this will help anyone else, but, with problems like this pretty much anything is worth a try.

1. Open "Device Manager" from the Start menu.

2. Go down almost halfway down the list on the left hand side until you find "Human Interface Devices" and then click on it

3. Look for and click on the "Logitech USB Input Device" icon

4. Click on the "Power Management" tab

5. If the check box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked uncheck it.

That fixed my problem. Hopefully, this will help someone else.

Good Luck.

:)

John L_Nic, Nov 4, 2020
  2. toddmo Win User

Logitech wireless keyboard / mouse hangs

Problems

• Intermittent nature
    • The mouse will often hang (won't move)
    • The keyboard will often not type
    • Sometimes, the keys get saved up and come out later all at once, and sometimes they never come out
    • The mouse seems to have difficulty traveling to the top left of the screen.

Equipment

• Dell Precision M3800 Laptop
    • Windows 10 Professional operating system
    • Logitech wireless keyboard (K270)
    • Logitech wireless mouse (M185). They came in the same box / use the same dongle.
    • "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station that runs the DisplayLink software. It has two monitors attached to it, one by DVI and the other by HDMI. It's plugged into the laptop by USB.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken

• Wired keyboard and wired mouse work great.
    • When wireless was plugged in, it was in a USB port on the laptop itself, not the docking station
    • I rerouted the monitors to plug directly into the laptop (take this docking station out of the equation). So far the wireless keyboard/mouse are not malfunctioning. This seems to indicate that the docking station is a necessary component to reproduce the problem). But I have to give it 1-2 days to make sure because the problem is intermittent.

Question

What would be a good first choice for a fix I can try that won't hurt anything (update a driver...where?)?

toddmo, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Us-Home Win User
    Mouse (wireless and non-wireless) and Windows 10 not working together

Hello, Both Microsoft USB dual receiver wireless mouse and Logitech LX3 mouse function erratically with Windows 10. I have to click multiple times to make a window or area active, trying to highlight a word or phrase takes multiple
    attempts. I've checked 'Fix mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows' without success. Properties show the devices are working normally. Suggestions?

Us-Home, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically

microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse

My second purchase, originally used series 5000 now 5050. In both case the wireless mouse acts erratic. Jerky movements and little micro control. The keyboard is less problematic but at times it will delay and/or miss letters. My most recent purchase
    was this week and the mouse is no better. Have downloaded the most recent software.

My solution is a wired mouse, which works fine, but defeats the purpose of wireless device. Any suggestions?

Al BarbHerstig, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically

1. Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically - Similar Threads - Solved Wireless Logitech

2. Problems with Logitech keyboard/mouse wireless MK345

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Logitech keyboard/mouse wireless MK345: It keyboard and mouse had worked fine for more than 2 years. But, last night it began to play up. The A key stopped working the M key resulted in a +M the with each following press of the M key it would type a D. I changed the batteries in both keyboard and mouse rebooted the...
  3. Problems with Logitech keyboard/mouse wireless MK345

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Logitech keyboard/mouse wireless MK345: It keyboard and mouse had worked fine for more than 2 years. But, last night it began to play up. The A key stopped working the M key resulted in a +M the with each following press of the M key it would type a D. I changed the batteries in both keyboard and mouse rebooted the...
  4. Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game: I will try to describe my issue as best I can. Starting today, my mouse has started acting extremely erratic in any game. Before I begin, I've tried this with two different mice - a Logitech G203 Lightsync wired and a Logitech M510 wireless, Bluetooth and had identical...
  5. Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game: I will try to describe my issue as best I can. Starting today, my mouse has started acting extremely erratic in any game. Before I begin, I've tried this with two different mice - a Logitech G203 Lightsync wired and a Logitech M510 wireless, Bluetooth and had identical...
  6. Logitech wireless mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech wireless mouse: i have a Logitech wireless mouse, and it has served me very well since i got it but as of late I've noticed a problem with the mouse, it seems to always be scrolling down or to the right, not sure why but sometimes if scrolling is available it will scroll and it has made...
  7. Logitech G502 Hero mouse acting erratically in Windows 10? Different mouse works fine in...

Logitech G502 Hero mouse acting erratically in Windows 10? Different mouse works fine in...: Windows 10, Logitech G502 Hero is the mouse. Cursor will drift and jump, and then stop responding altogether after about 10 seconds. Have to unplug the Logitech mouse and replug it for the cursor to respond again, giving me 5 minutes before another attack. Cursor tends to not...
  8. Dell Inspiron mouse acting erratic

Dell Inspiron mouse acting erratic: My system runs OK for several days and then 2 things happen: I start getting alerts from McAfee about a problem [ I don't have an account with McAfee, it came installed on the computer] and 2 The mouse control starts to go haywwire [the pointer mover eratically and sometimes...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard Freezing Computer and Acting Erratically

Mouse and Keyboard Freezing Computer and Acting Erratically: I have been dealing with this issue for months. At this point, I've had HP re-install Windows 10 and, more recently, run the BIOS updates. I've tried five different mouse and keyboard combinations, both wired and wireless and five different manufacturers, and today I ran the...
  10. Mouse or keyboard acting erratically

Mouse or keyboard acting erratically: I am using the latest version of Windows 10. My computer, keyboard and mouse had been acting fine up until the last few days. Nothing that I know of in my environment has changed. When I go to type anything, specifically while on the internet, the cursor just sits there...