Windows 10: [SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up

Discus and support [SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i'm getting this error whenever I use the game bar gallery to view my recordings: "There was a problem trying to get your captures. Try again in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Galagast, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Galagast Win User

[SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up

Hi, i'm getting this error whenever I use the game bar gallery to view my recordings:
    "There was a problem trying to get your captures. Try again in a bit"

[SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up 676f7d2f-d7d0-44f6-b4be-116e67583067?upload=true.png

Basically the Gallery is unusable for me.

My current alternative is:

1. Go to the Gamebar settings click gear icon
    2. Under General, click on Edit more preferences in Windows Settings
    3. Select the Capture category
    4. Then click on Open folder button
    5. This opens up the default Temp folder. I just arrange the files by date to find the latest mp4 file capture.

I do wish I could get the gallery to work so that I would have to look for the capture on my temp folder manually everytime :

:)

Galagast, Feb 13, 2021
  2. eddman Win User

Xbox Game Bar gallery is empty?

Windows 10 64-bit 19042.630

This is my first time recording or screenshoting with the xbox game bar.

It apparently works fine; takes screenshots, records videos, and they are all there in the Captures folder.

The problem is, none of those show up in the gallery.

[SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up [​IMG]

eddman, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

Thanks for the reply!

I am unable to follow those steps. As I mentioned, there is no "Captures" folder. It points directly to the temp folder, and there is no Captures folder for me to edit. When I go into the properties on the temp folder, I have no "location" tab, so nothing can be changed.

JakeReindl, Feb 13, 2021
  4. [SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

[SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up

1. [SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up - Similar Threads - SOLVED Xbox game

2. Xbox Game Bar gallery is not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar gallery is not working?: Hello I am seeking help to finally fix this problem as I tried everything but couldn't find a fix. The gallery says ''When you take screenshots and make game clips, you'll see them here.'' even though I've had so much captures taken. It's pretty annoying since when it used to...
  3. Xbox Game Bar gallery is not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar gallery is not working?: Hello I am seeking help to finally fix this problem as I tried everything but couldn't find a fix. The gallery says ''When you take screenshots and make game clips, you'll see them here.'' even though I've had so much captures taken. It's pretty annoying since when it used to...
  4. XBOX Game Bar's Gallery Not Showing Captures But Is Able To Locate The Correct Folder For It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Game Bar's Gallery Not Showing Captures But Is Able To Locate The Correct Folder For It: I realized recently after recording videos that my game bar was not putting captures inside the gallery even though it is able to locate the file where all the videos are.The only thing I remember doing that I think could be a cause is when I removed One Drive from my pc....
  5. XBOX Game Bar's Gallery Not Showing Captures But Is Able To Locate The Correct Folder For It

XBOX Game Bar's Gallery Not Showing Captures But Is Able To Locate The Correct Folder For It: I realized recently after recording videos that my game bar was not putting captures inside the gallery even though it is able to locate the file where all the videos are.The only thing I remember doing that I think could be a cause is when I removed One Drive from my pc....
  6. Xbox Game Bar Gallery Error - New Captures Taken Won't Show in Gallery

Xbox Game Bar Gallery Error - New Captures Taken Won't Show in Gallery: Hey, whenever I attempt to view my gallery to see my new photos/recordings:It shows some old ones from July in the gallery and won't load the current photos/videos, and leaves my new ones in the file explorer.Its like it isn't sensing the new ones in the gallery, and is a...
  7. Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up

Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up: Hi, i'm getting this error whenever I use the game bar gallery to view my recordings: "There was a problem trying to get your captures. Try again in a bit" [ATTACH] Basically the Gallery is unusable for me. My current alternative is: Go to the Gamebar settings click gear...
  8. Xbox Game Bar gallery is empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar gallery is empty?: Windows 10 64-bit 19042.630 This is my first time recording or screenshoting with the xbox game bar. It apparently works fine; takes screenshots, records videos, and they are all there in the Captures folder. The problem is, none of those show up in the gallery. [img]...
  9. Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture: Hello, I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have tried this...
  10. xbox game bar capturing

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox game bar capturing: This is a pretty niche problem, but whenever i use the capturing feature of game bar using 'win + alt + g' shortcut the file names end up being really long and not very coherent. Is there a way to change what the file names are upon saving because I make a lot of captures...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 game clips dont appear in my gallery