Windows 10: solving about windows 10 boot options

Discus and support solving about windows 10 boot options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In my desktop I have multibooted into windows 7 in C and then into windows 10 pro in D drive. after this, I installed windows 10 home in C drive. but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adas, Oct 22, 2015.

1. adas Win User

solving about windows 10 boot options

In my desktop I have multibooted into windows 7 in C and then into windows 10 pro in D drive. after this, I installed windows 10 home in C drive. but now the boot menu has gone and windows 10 pro can't be opened. please inform me how may I have the boot menu be shown*cry

:)

2. Solving "No-Boot" Situation??

hi slance310...

I was unclear in my original post.

My wife's laptop is a Toshiba, with

no cd/dvd drive. Beyond the first screen

...there is nothing. Today I will try a surge

clearance. But I know I will eventually

figure it out, but this computer has always

given us trouble.

Tony

TonyBeigle, Oct 22, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    Solving "No-Boot" Situation??

Hi,

Not if the Laptop won't boot...

You might try a Startup Repair or a Boot Repair... You will either need Installation media or a Repair\Recovery CD to do this...

UEFI \ Legacy Boot Repair...

1. Put the Windows installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press F9, F11, F12, ESC, or whatever your machine uses to access Boot Options at the Manufcturer's Logo Screen..

Select the CD\DVD Drive or Flash Drive that starts with "UEFI"... Press any key when "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears. You may see this for a Flash Drive as well... If not using UEFI Bios, select the appropriate device without the "UEFI"...

3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.

4. Click "Repair your computer" on the lower left of the "Install" screen....

5. Click the "Troubleshoot" or "Advanced" depending upon which appears...

6. Select "Command Prompt". (Capital letters not necessary)

7. Type BOOTREC /FIXMBR, and then press ENTER.

8. Type BOOTREC /FIXBOOT, and then press ENTER.

9. Type BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD, and then press ENTER.

NOTE... If you have multiple HDDs\SSDs, it would be best to unhook all except for the OS drive..

slance310, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Hisoka4 Win User

Hi!
    You need to add the pro entry to the boot menu.
    To do that, u can use bcdedit in command prompt with admin right OR
    use EasyBCD app...
    Actually, u can check the tutorials here in this forum *Wink

Hisoka4, Oct 22, 2015
  5. genet Win User
    How to use the BCDboot command in Windows 7/8/10. -> link

Open the command prompt as administrator.

Run the following commands at the command prompt.

diskpart
    list volume NOTE: Note the volume letter where the Windows OS is installed.
    exit

bcdboot X:\windows NOTE: Replace "X" with the volume letter of the Windows OS partition.

For example, bcdboot c:\windows or bcdboot d:\windows (see screenshot below).

solving about windows 10 boot options [​IMG]

genet, Oct 22, 2015
  6. adas Win User
    Thank you very much genet.

adas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. solving about windows 10 boot options - Similar Threads - solving boot options

2. Question about Number of Processors in Advanced Boot Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Number of Processors in Advanced Boot Options: Hi there. So I recently upgraded my os system to Windows 11 and I saw many people taking about changing the number of processors to the number to cores on the processor in advanced boot option. And some advised against it. So I was wondering should I change it to the number...
  3. Question about Number of Processors in Advanced Boot Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Number of Processors in Advanced Boot Options: Hi there. So I recently upgraded my os system to Windows 11 and I saw many people taking about changing the number of processors to the number to cores on the processor in advanced boot option. And some advised against it. So I was wondering should I change it to the number...
  4. Problem solved about window sizing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem solved about window sizing.: Hi, I posted a problem I had about windows not being able to be resized in Windows 10. I found the answer elsewhere. I went into notifications and turned off tablet mode. I found the answer when I was looking into showing desktop icons. Thank you to all who gave me...
  5. STOLEN WIN 10 LAPTOP COMPUTER BOOT OPTIONS TO WORRY ABOUT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STOLEN WIN 10 LAPTOP COMPUTER BOOT OPTIONS TO WORRY ABOUT: MY SON'S LAPTOP COMPUTER WAS STOLEN. WHILE HE WAS ABLE TO LOCK IT AND TRACE IT WITH "FIND MY PC" FUNCTION I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE THIEF'S ABILITY TO BOOT UP FROM A CD/USB. CAN THEY DO THIS?...
  6. Windows 10 secure boot options.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 secure boot options.: I was looking into my bios settings and i noticed my OS Type is set to "Other OS" on the secure boot settings is this correct or should i be changing it to Windows UEFI mode? for what people told me secure boot can help protect my pc against rootkits and i want to make sure i...
  7. Windows 10 not listed in boot options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not listed in boot options.: I am using an ASROCK motherboard. Yesterday I tried to install Ubuntu onto a second disk, later when I tried to boot into Windows 10 I couldn't get into Windows with GRUB nor the boot list. My windows disk was initially MBR which I converted to GPT before installing Ubuntu....
  8. Windows 10 not listed in boot options.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not listed in boot options.: I am using an ASROCK motherboard. Yesterday I tried to install Ubuntu onto a second disk, later when I tried to boot into Windows 10 I couldn't get into Windows with GRUB nor the boot list. My windows disk was initially MBR which I converted to GPT before installing Ubuntu....
  9. How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options?

How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options?: Hi there [ATTACH] The 2 boot devices are registered here ... but read on. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I actually had my Samsung notebook originally with Win 8, upgraded to Win 10 working normally up to yesterday. Because I had a project requiring using Windows 7 and upgrading...
  10. option to Boot into Windows 7 or 10

option to Boot into Windows 7 or 10: I installed Windows 10 Pro (x86) on my system as Dual Boot with Windows 7 which I already had. I installed by burning the ISO on a USB drive using Rufus. Windows 10 was installed in Partition I: on my second HDD. It was a fresh partition that was formatted as NTFS and had...