Windows 10: Solving Activation Issues - from old computer to new computer

Discus and support Solving Activation Issues - from old computer to new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Purchased a custom build. Purchased a new Microsoft license for the Windows that installed when I restored my image of the old computer on to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by therealsimpsons, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Solving Activation Issues - from old computer to new computer

Purchased a custom build. Purchased a new Microsoft license for the Windows that installed when I restored my image of the old computer on to the new one via Macrium Reflect.

Three days in, the new computer was found to be damaged in transit, and sent it back. The builder will replace it. Made an image on Macrium Reflect of the new machine.

Hooked up the old computer, which still had an activated Win10 on it.

When I get the replacement, and restore the image I took, it will have the license for the damaged one. How do I get MS to transfer it to the replacement?

Thank you.

TRS

:)

therealsimpsons, Sep 7, 2020
  2. tater Win User

Need ideas for new computer

if this is an upgrade computer... then i wouldnt suggest buying new ones and wasting $200-$300 on new ones.., especially if all the old stuff works fine

tater, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 7, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Solving Activation Issues - from old computer to new computer

Registering on a new computer

You have to de-activate the account on your old PC and then you can activate it on your new system -

Click HERE
    for a step-by step on how to do that!

DaveM121, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Solving Activation Issues - from old computer to new computer

1. Solving Activation Issues - from old computer to new computer - Similar Threads - Solving Activation Issues

2. From old computer to new computer, that is, avoid reinstalling everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From old computer to new computer, that is, avoid reinstalling everything: Because of a persistent blue screen error that they couldn't fix, Dell has given me a new computer. Both the old and the new have Windows 11 Pro. I have a server for documents, so there's minimal data. But heaps of programs and apps. Is there a way to transfer everything on...
  3. From old computer to new computer, that is, avoid reinstalling everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    From old computer to new computer, that is, avoid reinstalling everything: Because of a persistent blue screen error that they couldn't fix, Dell has given me a new computer. Both the old and the new have Windows 11 Pro. I have a server for documents, so there's minimal data. But heaps of programs and apps. Is there a way to transfer everything on...
  4. transfer data from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer data from old computer to new computer: How do I transfer my data from my usb to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-old-computer-to-new-computer/3f750332-54ba-4c01-a19b-dc8104de7a6c
  5. migrating from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    migrating from old computer to new computer: I used zinstall to migrate. It took many hours to migrate and when it was done the new computer had a new name and the new user account only had 4 items in it. I looked around and found the old user account along with partial copies of the old user. What I want to know is how...
  6. Transfering from old computer to new.

Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  7. new / old computer

in Windows 10 Support
    new / old computer: A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's) while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter but that wasn't a problem, I have a couple of adapters that worked. (She's and Apple and penguin fan) It hadn't been...
  8. Install old computer on new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install old computer on new computer: I have an HP LaserJet 1018 printer. There is no driver for Windows 10. This printer was installed on my Windows 7 laptop when I upgraded to Window 10. After the upgrade, the printer still worked fine. I now have a new Windows 10 laptop and I would like to be able to use...
  9. Migration from old computer to new computer

Migration from old computer to new computer: My old computer is dying and I am about to buy a new one. I am a 73 year old disabled vet with difficulties and I need a migration program that will transfer everything for me. I understand they will not transfer security programs. I prefer to move everything from the old...
  10. Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer

Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer: How do I transfer files, folders, and settings from an old computer to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/transfer-files-and-settings-from-an-old-computer/facae362-357b-4611-ac5f-9282d0a8f75e