Windows 10: Some actions slow

Discus and support Some actions slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dell XPS 8700, Win. 10. Computer was always fast enough, now when exiting programs, it takes up to 2 seconds from the time I click the mouse until it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PhilipNielsen, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Some actions slow

Dell XPS 8700, Win. 10. Computer was always fast enough, now when exiting programs, it takes up to 2 seconds from the time I click the mouse until it shuts off. Have PCMatic antivirus, did scan, all okay. Checked internet speed, 293 Download, 701 Up. Have Logitech M215 wireless mouse, Microsoft Ergonomic Wireless 7000 keyboard. Win 10 does not come with drivers for that keyboard, I installed them when I bought this computer in 2014. Trouble shooting shows nothing.Not an earthshaking problem, very annoying.

:)

PhilipNielsen, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

Some actions slow

1. Some actions slow - Similar Threads - actions slow

2. Some actions slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some actions slow: Dell XPS 8700, Win. 10. Computer was always fast enough, now when exiting programs, it takes up to 2 seconds from the time I click the mouse until it shuts off. Have PCMatic antivirus, did scan, all okay. Checked internet speed, 293 Download, 701 Up. Have Logitech M215...
  3. Some actions slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some actions slow: Dell XPS 8700, Win. 10. Computer was always fast enough, now when exiting programs, it takes up to 2 seconds from the time I click the mouse until it shuts off. Have PCMatic antivirus, did scan, all okay. Checked internet speed, 293 Download, 701 Up. Have Logitech M215...
  4. Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.: When I boot in Windows 10 my hard drive goes frenetic for approx 10/15 mins apparently uploading/downloading 'stuff' . This action slows down all other operations such as open Firefox or files etc. it is most frustrating. My 'get round' is to boot, then do something useful...
  5. Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.: When I boot in Windows 10 my hard drive goes frenetic for approx 10/15 mins apparently uploading/downloading 'stuff' . This action slows down all other operations such as open Firefox or files etc. it is most frustrating. My 'get round' is to boot, then do something useful...
  6. Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows slow to respond to actions at first Boot - Repost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows slow to respond to actions at first Boot - Repost: A user Andrew.Olievira asked a question a few months back that describes our issue to a T.We have this on quite a few systems, both laptops and desktops alike. This issue typically doesn't seem to happen to the computers that are inside our domain network walls, but with...
  8. Windows slow to respond to actions at first Boot - Repost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows slow to respond to actions at first Boot - Repost: A user Andrew.Olievira asked a question a few months back that describes our issue to a T.We have this on quite a few systems, both laptops and desktops alike. This issues doesn't seem to happen to computers that are inside our domain network, but with computers that belong...
  9. Windows slow to respond to actions at first Boot - Repost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows slow to respond to actions at first Boot - Repost: A user Andrew.Olievira asked a question a few months back that describes our issue to a T.We have this on quite a few systems, both laptops and desktops alike. This issues doesn't seem to happen to computers that are inside our domain network, but with computers that belong...
  10. Windows slow to respond to actions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows slow to respond to actions: Hello,I have this strange problem that has started happening in the last two weeks. Windows becomes slow to respond to what I am doing, for instance, when opening a program, folder, task manager, or even shutting down or restarting the PC. Everything takes an extra 10-20...