Windows 10: Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results

Discus and support Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Whe I try to open an app with the Search Bar (Win+Q or Win+S), some of them doesn't have their proper icon. This shows when is correct:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eussora, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results

Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results 8U35CFxBejvxWXffN62WqEYGQf1QD4zuDgpOfGwwTxc.jpg

Whe I try to open an app with the Search Bar (Win+Q or Win+S), some of them doesn't have their proper icon.

This shows when is correct:

https://preview.redd.it/kbfvvqp3hxi...bp&s=e959582ca1c3b1263d81682ada82b97e0250e9eb

And this is when is not correct:

https://preview.redd.it/2cfx6561hxi...bp&s=f134de674c4d942b9c3fb9167e6744bf4293fd46

I tried to reinstall the apps, moving to another folder in the Start Menu Programs folder, deleted all my icon cache, but nothing happens.

submitted by /u/Eussora
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eussora, Feb 21, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 21, 2021
  3. AlbertoMA Win User
    my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results

MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

I get the same issue as described here App icons missing in start menu search results

To reproduce it I

1. Open Start menu
    2. Type an app name (UWP app only)
    3. Look at the search results

Consistently, UWP apps have no icons in the search results while W32 or x64 apps do.

I have already attempted to :

- Flush icon cache (as described in the linked post above)

- Repair app store

- SFC /Scannow

- DISM /Repairhealth

- Restore/Reset individual apps

And none of them worked.

So Please, do not claim this question if you have not experienced this and fixed it yourself.

Thank you very much

Chris Giroux Esq., Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results

1. Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results - Similar Threads - app icons doesn't

2. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  3. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  4. some of icon at taskbar doesn't appear

some of icon at taskbar doesn't appear: some of icon at taskbar doesn't appear even though i open it. i have restart my laptop but still same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-icon-at-taskbar-doesnt-appear/039095f2-3928-40a0-bf9e-6d22b0e3322e
  5. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  6. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  7. Search results wont appear

8. Windows Start: Search results showing icons for only some icons

in Cortana
    Windows Start: Search results showing icons for only some icons: I noticed today that when I search for programs on the start menu some icons will show while some will not. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Has anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it? Thanks in advance....
  9. Windows Start Menu Search doesn't show search results for some categories

in Cortana
    Windows Start Menu Search doesn't show search results for some categories: Hi, My Windows Search bar the one on my taskbar isn't showing my any results for only some categories. If I start typing just a few letters I immediately get results for apps, settings, and people if applicable, but even if I type just 2-3 letters and ask for results within...
  10. MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

in Cortana
    MS Store apps icons are missing in search results: I get the same issue as described here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-missing-in-start-menu-search-results/3a8ce022-1a91-4041-b953-becb0619932d To reproduce it I Open Start menu Type an app name (UWP app only) Look at the search results...