Windows 10: Some app windows on alt monitors not recognized after sleep mode

Discus and support Some app windows on alt monitors not recognized after sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started putting my computer to sleep when not in use to save on electric bill. I have 3 monitors which all work great, and i also have just one user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by durangod, Feb 3, 2019.

1. durangod Win User

Some app windows on alt monitors not recognized after sleep mode

I started putting my computer to sleep when not in use to save on electric bill. I have 3 monitors which all work great, and i also have just one user for the computer.

I noticed that for example the paint program, if i set the window to open up on another monitor it works fine and loads on that monitor, unless i put the computer to sleep.

If i leave the app loading on the main monitor then all works well. This only effects additional monitors.

After returning from sleep mode i can open paint but the paint window never opens on the alternate monitor and there is no app window at all showing anywhere. I cant drag the app it to the main monitor because its nowhere to be found.

I do see the app running in the task bar, and i can close the app. But i cant do anything else with the app because it seems like sleep mode messes something up and does not show the app window anywhere.

I am not sure if this is a permission issue with the monitors or just the apps, or maybe it is a sleep bug.

:)

durangod, Feb 3, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Sleep Mode

Original Title: Sleep Mode

I cannot get the computer to respond when in sleep mode recently. Striking one key does not work...mouse click does not work...Control-Alt-Delete does not work. Any suggestions. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell desktop

RonaldAblowich, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Larry3408 Win User

Multiple Monitors Changing During Sleep Mode

My monitors change their assignments when my computer goes into sleep mode. Any suggestions as to how to keep this from happening?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Larry3408, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Some app windows on alt monitors not recognized after sleep mode - Similar Threads - app alt monitors

2. Sleep mode, multiple monitors and apps moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode, multiple monitors and apps moving: I have a W11 laptop hooked up to two external monitors. The computer is set to go to sleep mode when the lid is closed. I have Teams running on the laptop's screen. When I open the laptop to continue work in the morning, the application has migrated to an external monitor. It...
  3. Sleep mode, multiple monitors and apps moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode, multiple monitors and apps moving: I have a W11 laptop hooked up to two external monitors. The computer is set to go to sleep mode when the lid is closed. I have Teams running on the laptop's screen. When I open the laptop to continue work in the morning, the application has migrated to an external monitor. It...
  4. USBC not recognizing mini doc after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USBC not recognizing mini doc after sleep mode: Hello,I am running my second monitor from a mini doc connected to the USBC port of my laptop specs below. After my laptop is in sleep mode and I turn it back on, it does not recognize the mini doc so my monitor does not turn. The only way to use this second monitor is to...
  5. USBC not recognizing mini doc after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USBC not recognizing mini doc after sleep mode: Hello,I am running my second monitor from a mini doc connected to the USBC port of my laptop specs below. After my laptop is in sleep mode and I turn it back on, it does not recognize the mini doc so my monitor does not turn. The only way to use this second monitor is to...
  6. Second monitor problem after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor problem after sleep mode: So i have a dual monitor setup, the main one is connected through DP and the other through HDMI. Whenever I put my pc to sleep mode, and turn it back on, all the windows I had on my second monitor move the my main one, and i get a popup from my Radeon Driver, saying that...
  7. Do not display the monitor after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do not display the monitor after sleep mode: hi. When the system is turned off from sleep mode Sometimes the monitor does not display. And the monitor screen stays black. But the graphics card is on and the fans are spinning. The keyboard freezes and nothing can be done. I can only restart from the case. This error is...
  8. Monitors flickers after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors flickers after sleep mode: window 10 when pc goes power sleep then two monitors starts flickring and does not detect one monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitors-flickers-after-sleep-mode/38a7a361-abd3-4f4a-a2a9-2a62ee2f75a0
  9. Apps crashing after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps crashing after sleep mode: When I come back to my laptop after it being idle or sleep mode the windows I had open before are always black, unable to be clicked on or used until I cntrl alt delete and close them. Its quite annoying, any fix? Thanks!! submitted by /u/Redrex003 [link] [comments]...
  10. Monitor sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66