Windows 10: Some app windows on alt monitors not recognized after sleep mode

Discus and support Some app windows on alt monitors not recognized after sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started putting my computer to sleep when not in use to save on electric bill. I have 3 monitors which all work great, and i also have just one user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by durangod, Feb 3, 2019.

1. durangod Win User

Some app windows on alt monitors not recognized after sleep mode

I started putting my computer to sleep when not in use to save on electric bill. I have 3 monitors which all work great, and i also have just one user for the computer.

I noticed that for example the paint program, if i set the window to open up on another monitor it works fine and loads on that monitor, unless i put the computer to sleep.

If i leave the app loading on the main monitor then all works well. This only effects additional monitors.

After returning from sleep mode i can open paint but the paint window never opens on the alternate monitor and there is no app window at all showing anywhere. I cant drag the app it to the main monitor because its nowhere to be found.

I do see the app running in the task bar, and i can close the app. But i cant do anything else with the app because it seems like sleep mode messes something up and does not show the app window anywhere.

I am not sure if this is a permission issue with the monitors or just the apps, or maybe it is a sleep bug.

:)

durangod, Feb 3, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Sleep Mode

Original Title: Sleep Mode

I cannot get the computer to respond when in sleep mode recently. Striking one key does not work...mouse click does not work...Control-Alt-Delete does not work. Any suggestions. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell desktop

RonaldAblowich, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Larry3408 Win User

Multiple Monitors Changing During Sleep Mode

My monitors change their assignments when my computer goes into sleep mode. Any suggestions as to how to keep this from happening?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Larry3408, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Some app windows on alt monitors not recognized after sleep mode - Similar Threads - app alt monitors

2. Apps getting moved to Secondary monitor after PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps getting moved to Secondary monitor after PC wakes up from sleep mode: Hi Guys, I have a new ACER laptop and since I have started using it I have noticed very weird thing with Windows 10 (1809 but it happened on previous version as well). I have additional 27" monitor connected through HDMI cable - I have set it as main screen but I am also...
  3. Monitor not turn on after my desktop wake up from sleeping mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor not turn on after my desktop wake up from sleeping mode: Hi guys, As mentioned in the title, my monitor won't turn on when my desktop woke up from sleeping mode. I need to press the on and off button on my monitor in order to wake it up. When my desktop went into sleeping mode, my monitor will go into sleeping mode as well...
  4. Monitor is black after sleep

Monitor is black after sleep: So when i try to wake my pc from sleep, my pc wakes but the monitor is black and after like 1 min of waiting my pc automatically restarts which is rather annoying since I've tried everything i could to fix it with no success. This issue started to occur after i swapped from...
  5. Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode

Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode: Hi Microsoft, There is a bug in Windows (I am using Windows 10) whereby I let my laptop go into Sleep mode for a few days, after which I can no longer unlock Windows despite correct password. I checked online and many mentioned it is a common Microsoft log-in bug, but I...
  6. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  7. App window resize after alt+tab.

in Windows 10 Support
    App window resize after alt+tab.: I'm finding in Windows version 1803 that when alt+tabbing from a game any apps on the desktop windows are being resized, usually to a smaller size. Has anybody else noticed this? I'll try to get some screenshots. 109933
  8. Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update: My Dell Inspiron Desktop with Win 10 recently installed 2 updates: Security Update for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 3 (KB3213647) and 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676). Following Cumulative Update...
  9. Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode: Can anyone advise please? I have created a shortcut to enable me to put my computer into sleep mode without the power button. I am trying to find a way that I can keep my monitors in sleep mode too. They go into sleep mode and then after about twenty to thirty seconds...
  10. No Sign-in Window After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sign-in Window After Sleep Mode: Since the Microsoft update on 14th Jan, when my PC comes out of sleep mode the sign-in window doesn't appear unless I press ctrl+alt+del first. In Google there are a lot of questions about this same problem going as far back 2015, has anyone found a solution that actually...