Windows 10: Some applications appear blurry...

Discus and support Some applications appear blurry... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically, my new laptop has a 1080p screen. Some applications such as first class (email) and others appear in lower resolution or/and are not very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MansaQu, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Some applications appear blurry...

So basically, my new laptop has a 1080p screen. Some applications such as first class (email) and others appear in lower resolution or/and are not very sharp. I have turned on the setting which makes windows "unblurry" apps but it did not change anything. Furthermore, I contacted Microsoft tech support twice. Once they made me scan something through the command prompt and another time I was told to uninstall my video drivers. Both did not help. I would love it if everything on my computer was just 1080p and sharp. All help is appreciated. Thanks

submitted by /u/MansaQu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MansaQu, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Apps that are out of focus appear blurry

Hello,

This is a known issue for old applications that doesn't support the new DPI scaling changes on Windows 10. You can define these applications as a DPI-unaware process by following the steps below:

1. Launch the application that you are having issues with scaling.
    2. Right-click the application in the task bar.
    3. Right-click the name of the application and then select Properties.
    4. Click the Compatibility tab.
    5. Under Settings, check the Override high DPI scaling behavior
      option.
    6. Under Scaling performed by drop-down menu, select System (Enhanced).
    7. Click Apply.
    8. Click Ok.

Afer performing these steps, Windows 10 will handle the scaling behaviour and will fix issues with the interface and text being blurry for that application.

Let me know how it goes.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 5, 2020
  3. my font is blurry on all application

Hi Carlos,

This could be a preset font for the interface. To verify if that is the case on the fonts, please provide the following information:

• Is this the font ever since you’ve had the device?
    • If no, when did the font started to be blurry and thin?
    • Are all applications being affected?
    • Which build version is currently on your Windows 10?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Mooly Win User

Some applications appear blurry...

Blurry text in applications on windows 10

Did you try what Teknobug suggested ? Right click the program launcher, select properties and then compatability. Tick the box as shown.

You can also alter this in the program files for the relevant program in the same way. Right click the executable file that launces the program and alter it there. I've had to do this for several programs in W10

Some applications appear blurry... [​IMG]

Mooly, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Some applications appear blurry...

1. Some applications appear blurry... - Similar Threads - applications appear blurry

2. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  3. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  4. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some apps appear blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps appear blurry: I've recently run into a problem where some apps appear blurry. It used to just be for experimental apps that I coded myself, but I've found that now my minecraft launcher has become blurry too. I've already tried going to "Fix apps that appear blurry" but the setting was...
  6. Text accasionally blurry in some applications

Text accasionally blurry in some applications: frequently, text will go blurry and smeary, frequently when focus on a minimized application, but it goes away on mouseover. Turning off "Fix scaling for apps" fixes this, but then the text is constantly blurry, though not as bad as with that setting turned on....
  7. Some apps appear blurry

Some apps appear blurry: Hello, Recently I have been experiencing some issues with two of my apps. Slack and Twitch appear blurry when the mouse cursor is not hovering over them. This started happening a few weeks ago and I can tell what's causing it. I tried a bunch of things I found online about...
  8. Some programs appear blurry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some programs appear blurry: My scale is set to (recommended) 150%, and while most programs are fine, many are blurry. I've googled and tried to find a fix, including running in compatibility mode with Windows 8, or click the "High DPI scaling override" checkbox in the compatibility tab > Change high DPI...
  9. Blurry fonts in some applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry fonts in some applications: [ATTACH] Faced the problem of blurring the fonts of some applications (presumably using / written using node.js). Observed in visual studio installer and VS Code. Problems started after installing Elixir through the chocolatey package manager. It all looks something like...
  10. Some applications look blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Some applications look blurry: how can I solve that? before windows 10 those applications looked nicer than now 17752