Windows 10: Some applications close after a few seconds.

Discus and support Some applications close after a few seconds. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, first of all, I am a first-time user of this subreddit, so sorry if this is in the wrong category or something like that. Also, sorry if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Heexik_, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Some applications close after a few seconds.

Hello,

first of all, I am a first-time user of this subreddit, so sorry if this is in the wrong category or something like that. Also, sorry if I missed some topic that discusses this problem, but I didn't find any, that worked for me.

Today, I encountered a problem, where applications close after a few seconds. It first showed up when I was using Visual Studio Code. I didn't restart it or anything, I was just coding and it crashed out of nowhere. After restarting the application and restarting my PC multiple times, it didn't go away so I did some troubleshooting and I discovered it isn't just VS Code, WinRar also closes after a few seconds, ranging from maybe 15 seconds to 2 seconds. Minecraft launcher doesn't work too. Also, some of the important Windows applications don't work, for example, the Troubleshooter doesn't work. However, not all applications close up like that. Discord, Google Chrome, and some other work just fine. I tried everything I could think of. I also read some guides, but none of them worked. I tried SFC scan, DISM scan, and some other things. Sadly, none of them worked. The only two ways, how I managed to run applications without crashing, was using a new local account and using safe mode. Both of these ways are unacceptable, safe mode for obvious reasons. A new account would be good, but when I tried to connect my Microsoft account to the new local account, I can't, because It is already connected to this, currently not really working account. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, except when I tried to switch my current account to a local account, which should disconnect my Microsoft account from it, the application, where I would do this process crashed Some applications close after a few seconds. :) I would prefer any fix, that doesn't include factory resetting my PC, because thanks to the last big Windows update, I did that three times already in the last two months.

The only possible cause of this problem is that today, I set the execution policy to remote signed using "Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned" in PowerShell, so I could run nodemon. I also installed Visual Studio, but I doubt that would be the cause.

I tried running eventvwr to try to get some more information about the problem, but the program itself crashes before I can do anything.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2. My OS Build is 19042.867.

Summary: Most applications, even some really important ones close after a few seconds. Tried all sorts of fixes, but the only ones which worked were using a different account and using safe mode. I cant use a different account because my Microsoft account cannot be unlinked from my current, bad one.

I will be really thankful for any advice, that leads to solving this problem.

submitted by /u/Heexik_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Heexik_, Mar 15, 2021

2. Sleep closes applications

Hi Gonzo,

Improper power configuration or outdated BIOS are some of the factors that can prevent the sleep function to work properly. As an initial step to prevent the programs/applications from closing upon wake up, we suggest that you reset
    the power settings to default. To do this follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Preferred plans, click the Change plan settings link for the plan that you're currently using.
    • Click the Restore default settings for this plan link. Click
      Yes if prompted.
    • Click the Save changes button.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

In the event that you encounter the same issue, our next option is to check if
    BIOS is updated. To do this, we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer or check their support site on how to properly update it.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    Applications closing automatically in some few seconds after launched

Hi Franz,

There might be some corrupted files why applications on Windows 10 automatically closes. We suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps to resolve issues for your applications.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Some applications close after a few seconds.

"Update & security" tab on Settings flashes for a second, then closes.

Hi Hirsty,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • If yes, what exactly is the error message?
    This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Some applications close after a few seconds.

1. Some applications close after a few seconds. - Similar Threads - applications close few

2. Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer: Whatever I open after starting the computer the apps will shut down in a few seconds. I've tried Edge. Chrome and some other games, the results are all the same. It seems like whatever I run in a few minutes after starting windows have the same issue.Restarting the computer...
  3. Application getting suspended after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application getting suspended after a few seconds: When I run Exiftool on a bunch of files, after a few seconds, Windows will suspend it. In the task manager, I get this green leaf next to the process in the status column. These processes need to keep running, and they absolutely can. They don't crash, are definitely...
  4. Applications closes automatically after few seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applications closes automatically after few seconds: I have a problem that closes applications automatically and I have tried everything but nothing works I've tried this but it didn't work. Anybody else have this issue and how can I resolve this? I can't even factory reset my PC because the reset window will close itself...
  5. Applications closes automatically after few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications closes automatically after few seconds: I have a problem that closes applications automatically and I have tried everything but nothing works I've tried this but it didn't work. Anybody else have this issue and how can I resolve this? I can't even factory reset my PC because the reset window will close itself...
  6. System admin tools close after a few seconds. Installation wizards close after a few...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System admin tools close after a few seconds. Installation wizards close after a few...: I recently installed a Windows Update. All of a sudden I am having the strangest issue, did not happen before. Cutting to the chase, here are the key issues I am having on my main account for this computer THEY DO NOT happen on a second user account I created, but I have...
  7. Application closes after few hours of work...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application closes after few hours of work...: I recently updated windows 20H2. After a few days, my applications started closing automatically. There was very random errors like out of memory, localbridge.exe fatal error, and application errors too. WIndows support told me to do sfc /scannow and it ran but no...
  8. Windows settings closing after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings closing after a few seconds: My setting keeps closing after a few second. I don't know if it is crashing because it doesn't give anything. For example i start settings then i go to devices turn on my bluetooth and then my settings closes....
  9. Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.: So I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a few minutes ago, installed it and opened it. To my surprise it closed after a few seconds maybe 5 when I first opened it, and less than 3 after i repeated the process. I reinstalled it and even reset it but the problem still...
  10. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82