Windows 10: Some applications crash after I have started my PC

Discus and support Some applications crash after I have started my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Some of the applications, like windows defender, War Thunder, my antivirus settings crash after I launch them. So far I have done SFC scan and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JampaB, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:27 PM.

1. /u/JampaB Win User

Some applications crash after I have started my PC

Some of the applications, like windows defender, War Thunder, my antivirus settings crash after I launch them. So far I have done SFC scan and restarted the PC couple of times. problem tends to go away after some time.

submitted by /u/JampaB
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

3. axe0 Win User
    Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c

Hi Bushido,

Welcome to the 10forums Some applications crash after I have started my PC :)

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Attachment 97639

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

There seem to be a lot of app crashes from Realtek audio, I would suggest a reinstallation of the drivers.
    Code:
    Code:
    21-Aug-16 3:01 AM    Application Error    Faulting application name: ATKEX_cmd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e78b Exception code: 0x0eedfade Fault offset: 0x000bdae8 Faulting process id: 0x17fc Faulting application start time: 0x01d1fb583f288932 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\ATKEX_cmd.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: c3783804-5bbb-48bb-81c6-7c5a80871493 Faulting package full name:  Faulting package-relative application ID:

4. Some applications crash after I have started my PC

Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:30 PM
Thema:

Some applications crash after I have started my PC

1. Some applications crash after I have started my PC - Similar Threads - applications crash started

2. My Games have just started crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Games have just started crashing.: Hi, I'm just a simple gamer and don't really know too much about computers. I'm on a Windows 10 PC, with a GTX GeForce 1080ti, intel i7-8700k CPU and just randomly I have been having game crashing issues. My computer is easily able to run these games. The most recent game...
  3. I have a problem starting my Pc. After research i found out i have a Reboot loop and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a problem starting my Pc. After research i found out i have a Reboot loop and...: I cant enter safemode, i can’t trigger the windows forced reboot by shutting it down 3 times in a row when my pc starts and windows logo shows... My brother formatted an USB stick with windows, i booted it and then it says, i shutdown my pc during a software update, remove...
  4. My PC crashed and then started updating.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC crashed and then started updating.: This happened like 20 minutes ago. I was doing my work and out of nowhere white dots started appearing where my cursor went, and then my PC BSOD'd and shut off. I turned it on selected windows from grub and then the little "loading wheel" came up, without any logo of windows...
  5. My PC Started crashing... again.

My PC Started crashing... again.: Hey all. So a couples months back my PC was crashing very frequently, almost 10 times a day for about 2 weeks. Im still kind of unsure of what happened back then, but it fixed itself after a couple of weeks trying differents things that didn't quite work out. My PC is new, I...
  6. NDIS_INTENAL_ERROR - PC always crashing after some time

NDIS_INTENAL_ERROR - PC always crashing after some time: Hi, so friend of mine recently encountered an issue with his PC. His PC started to crash after 20 minutes of boot every single time. So, after he realized that something is wrong, he went to the "PC repair shop". The guys from the shop did not find anything. They...
  7. Some apps crash on start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps crash on start: The issue came up yesterday. Some apps on my computer won’t start and I don’t understand why this is happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-apps-crash-on-start/3029d2b8-8d96-4d37-8f63-17802031df65
  8. Some applications have a black screen

Some applications have a black screen: Hello, When I open some of my apps such as Twitch and Riot Games, they come up as a black screen with nothing on them. When I hover my cursor over the window, it looks fine but has the small blue loading circle that flashes on and off. If anyone has a solution to this it...
  9. The PC crashed and will not start

The PC crashed and will not start: Hello, so today my Asus desktop PC had a problem loading at startup, it froze with a frowning blue screen saying there was a problem. Any ideas on how to fix it?...
  10. My PC crashes after some use

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My PC crashes after some use: Note:This is a huge wall of text (I don't know how to simplify things) and I would really appreciate it if you can spend some of your precious time trying to help me *Smile I have a Toshiba Satellite L500D laptop that has windows 10 and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650....