Windows 10: Some applications crash after I have started my PC

Discus and support Some applications crash after I have started my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Some of the applications, like windows defender, War Thunder, my antivirus settings crash after I launch them. So far I have done SFC scan and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JampaB, Feb 23, 2021.

1. /u/JampaB Win User

Some applications crash after I have started my PC

Some of the applications, like windows defender, War Thunder, my antivirus settings crash after I launch them. So far I have done SFC scan and restarted the PC couple of times. problem tends to go away after some time.

submitted by /u/JampaB
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JampaB, Feb 23, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 23, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c

Hi Bushido,

Welcome to the 10forums Some applications crash after I have started my PC :)

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Attachment 97639

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

There seem to be a lot of app crashes from Realtek audio, I would suggest a reinstallation of the drivers.
    Code:
    Code:
    21-Aug-16 3:01 AM    Application Error    Faulting application name: ATKEX_cmd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e78b Exception code: 0x0eedfade Fault offset: 0x000bdae8 Faulting process id: 0x17fc Faulting application start time: 0x01d1fb583f288932 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\ATKEX_cmd.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: c3783804-5bbb-48bb-81c6-7c5a80871493 Faulting package full name:  Faulting package-relative application ID:

4. Some applications crash after I have started my PC

Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Some applications crash after I have started my PC

1. Some applications crash after I have started my PC - Similar Threads - applications crash started

2. my PC crashes after starting a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my PC crashes after starting a game: i have been running into what seems like a wall of infinite issues with a new computer i have bought and installed hardware into. the most recent one that i cant figure out has to do with the PC spontaniously crashing whenever i try to load large area's in games. or with...
  3. PC crashes in fullscreen with some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes in fullscreen with some applications: my pc crashes when changing resolution in games or sometimes just at random whilst some applications like chrome are unafectedi think its a software issue because i have checked almost everything possible hardware related,this issue has been recurring since i changed my two...
  4. PC crashes in fullscreen with some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes in fullscreen with some applications: my pc crashes when changing resolution in games or sometimes just at random whilst some applications like chrome are unafectedi think its a software issue because i have checked almost everything possible hardware related,this issue has been recurring since i changed my two...
  5. PC crashes in fullscreen with some applications

6. My windows based application start crashing suddenly- Seems after some windows/.net...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows based application start crashing suddenly- Seems after some windows/.net...: Faulting application name: MyApp.exe, version: a.b.c.d, time stamp: 0x6218b46dFaulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4470.0, time stamp: 0x61b731cdException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000f11cbFaulting process id: 0x46c8Faulting application start time:...
  7. My windows based application start crashing suddenly- Seems after some windows/.net...

My windows based application start crashing suddenly- Seems after some windows/.net...: Faulting application name: MyApp.exe, version: a.b.c.d, time stamp: 0x6218b46dFaulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4470.0, time stamp: 0x61b731cdException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000f11cbFaulting process id: 0x46c8Faulting application start time:...
  8. My windows based application start crashing suddenly- Seems after some windows/.net...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. applications started crashing after updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    applications started crashing after updating: Games and applications are crashing, when i click start it opens for a bit then closes, it's hard to access settings for it does the same thing, it crashes and even search function does the same thing.Can somebody please help me with this....
  10. My PC crashes after some use

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My PC crashes after some use: Note:This is a huge wall of text (I don't know how to simplify things) and I would really appreciate it if you can spend some of your precious time trying to help me *Smile I have a Toshiba Satellite L500D laptop that has windows 10 and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650....