Windows 10: Some applications don't appear in Open With menu

Discus and support Some applications don't appear in Open With menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In Windows 10 some applications don't appear in the Open With menu, requiring me open the "Choose another app" dialog via the bottom of the menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/is_reddit_useful, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Some applications don't appear in Open With menu

In Windows 10 some applications don't appear in the Open With menu, requiring me open the "Choose another app" dialog via the bottom of the menu. Applications do get reliably added to the "Choose another app" list though. This happens with using VirtualDub to open MP4 files, or Jpegcrop to open JPG files. I've done both of these actions plenty of times, and they still don't appear in "Open With".

Even making VirtualDub the default app for opening MP4 files and then going back to MPC-HC as the default didn't add VirtualDub to "Open With".

In Windows 7 opening a file type in a new application once via Explorer was enough to get it to appear in "Open With". Is there any way to get this behaviour in Windows 10 or another way to add apps to Open With?

submitted by /u/is_reddit_useful
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/is_reddit_useful, Mar 30, 2020
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    some application menus not displayed in windows 10

Hi Vijay,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are referring any application when you say fn menu?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check smart audio is listed under icons appear on task bar.

• On system tray right click on date and time

• Click on customize notification icon

• Click on Select which icons appear on task bar

• And see if you are able to see Conexant smart audio
    Let us know if it helps. If the issue persists, reply, we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Some applications don't appear in Open With menu

Closed Applications in N81 still appears in the Open Apps List

Hi everybody,

Although the Music Player and the phone Standby

mood is off,their icons still appearing on the

Open Application List,accessible via pressing

and holding the Menu key.

I tried to close these applications by selecting

them ,one after one,and then pressing the C key but,

without any success as they kept appearing in the

Open Applications List.

Does anybody know how same can be deleted from the

Open Applications List,bearing in mind that thsee application is off.

Thanks for your comments.

Fattan

fattan---01, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Some applications don't appear in Open With menu

1. Some applications don't appear in Open With menu - Similar Threads - applications don't appear

2. Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails: Hello,Problem is that icons of SOME applications don't appear above thumbnails. It works for some but not all and it stopped working for no reason. Icons are visible in details display. Any help please ?...
  3. Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails: Hello,Problem is that icons of SOME applications don't appear above thumbnails. It works for some but not all and it stopped working for no reason. Icons are visible in details display. Any help please ?...
  4. Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3w4fhzigtbra1.png?width=649&format=png&auto=webp&s=c86e5e7427ac69cabfd38af3090440d644db8d5f https://preview.redd.it/ynk9qyigtbra1.png?width=652&format=png&auto=webp&s=062ee9ea000bac08e84f0c9dccf322f553c0b38b...
  6. Some applications don't run Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some applications don't run Help: Yesterday I was using my device, and I decided to turn it off to go to sleep. the next one I noticed that the logo on some programs did not appear and when I try to open it, it doesn't happen. it doesn't give any mistake or anything, and truthfully, I need to solve this,...
  7. Some applications appear in the 'Headphones' in Volume Mixer and some applications appear...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some applications appear in the 'Headphones' in Volume Mixer and some applications appear...: I was trying to play a game on my computer and it had no sound. When I checked volume mixer, I couldn't see the application in the headphones section but I could see everything else except for the one game. However, checking the speakers showed that the game was there, but...
  8. Applications Not Appearing in Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications Not Appearing in Context Menu: In the past, I had issues with the right click menus which would crash my file explorer. By searching around on the internet, I eventually downloaded ShellExView and disabled some extensions, including extensions involved with the Context Menu. I didn't realize that I...
  9. Some applications appear blurry...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some applications appear blurry...: So basically, my new laptop has a 1080p screen. Some applications such as first class (email) and others appear in lower resolution or/and are not very sharp. I have turned on the setting which makes windows "unblurry" apps but it did not change anything. Furthermore, I...
  10. Start menu, advanced using !! Why some shortcuts in it don't appear ? ;-

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, advanced using !! Why some shortcuts in it don't appear ? ;-: Hello everyone! Happy New Year 2020 I'm looking for info or rules about Windows 10 start menus below : 1 C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs 2 C:\Users\%users%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs They react in a strange way, some...