Windows 10: Some applications have a black screen

Discus and support Some applications have a black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, When I open some of my apps such as Twitch and Riot Games, they come up as a black screen with nothing on them. When I hover my cursor over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KianAimi, Apr 21, 2020.

1. KianAimi Win User

Some applications have a black screen

Hello,

When I open some of my apps such as Twitch and Riot Games, they come up as a black screen with nothing on them. When I hover my cursor over the window, it looks fine but has the small blue loading circle that flashes on and off.

If anyone has a solution to this it would be greatly appreciated! It has been bugging me for a while now..

Thank you!

:)

KianAimi, Apr 21, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Some applications have a black screen - Similar Threads - applications black screen

2. Application Crash and Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Crash and Black Screen: I understand this may not be the place to ask this but I was wondering if anyone had this issue before. I keep getting a black screen. I had done clean install of GPU and made sure it is updated. I have ran memory diagnostic. Changed the HDMI cord and the HDMI port on my...
  3. LogonUI.exe - Application Error with black screen

LogonUI.exe - Application Error with black screen: My computer wont work at all and i cant restore it or reset or repair it or use safe mode the only thing i can use is the command promt and Sfc and dism scans wont work i keep getting errors only what can i do to fix this i have been trying to do it for at least 4 hours...
  4. Some programs have black background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some programs have black background: About a month ago, after i had to change a failing HDD, and reinstalled windows, i started having this problem.https://imgur.com/a/sarOXN1 In some programs (mostly windows explorer and instalation wizards) the whole background is black, and in some cases so is the text....
  5. while running some applications on windows 10 gave the following error with black screen

while running some applications on windows 10 gave the following error with black screen: hi, when i ran some programs on windows 10 gave me the following error message. This application only runs under WinPE or WinCE. and the screen becomes black alongside with this message. what is the cause and possible solution of this message....
  6. Applications laggy, black screens, and more

Applications laggy, black screens, and more: I will try to make this short: I am having an issue with COD modern warfare. I play for like 2-5 minutes and then both my monitor screens go black. When the second monitor comes back up, the video on youtube or wherever is green restart the tab and it's fine. Sometimes I can...
  7. Screen Turns Black and Application crashes

Screen Turns Black and Application crashes: Hello, I have a Problem. Whenever I use Unity Game Dev Engine and start a Project its really laggy and when i use it a few secods the Screen turns black for around 1 second. When i see something again The Unity Window is white and i can't use it anymore. It also crashed a...
  8. black screen, tried some stuff

black screen, tried some stuff: (sorry for bad grammar not comfortable with the keyboard i am currently using) (the pc shows windows logo with spinning dots but dosen't take me to logon screen) so i built a new PC recently, installed my old ssd, and i got a black screen. As far as i know Microsoft's or...
  9. Screen resolution problems with Some applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution problems with Some applications: I have two windows 10 machines, one with 15" display and resolution of 1920 x 1080, with scale as 100% and the other one with 40" display and resolution set to 3500 x 2029 and scale of 100%. When I try to install a product from Adobe, I get the screens as expected on 15"...
  10. Some folders have black fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some folders have black fonts: After that screwy update just some of my folders have black fonts but not all pf them, some on my desktop and the C Drive folder. I've tried most everything on search engines but still no joy. I attached a pic of the problem. Thanks for any help! [ATTACH]...