Windows 10: Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.

Discus and support Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, When I enter things like my browser and Minecraft, they both crash and say out of memory. When I check task manager the memory is not even half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Khaled Khadra, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.

Hi, When I enter things like my browser and Minecraft, they both crash and say out of memory. When I check task manager the memory is not even half full. I did a memory diagnostic and nothing came broken. I don't know why they keep saying out of memory but I have 16 GB of memory which is more than enough to run Minecraft and my browser.

:)

Khaled Khadra, Feb 4, 2023
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 4, 2023
  3. MaloK Win User
    Adobe Applications saying there isn't enough memory

@GracieAllen,

That seems golden.

From your "test" description, your two main application are still competing for memory when you switch back an forth from one to another. this is the main problem that causes the exhaustion at some point.

When you're ready, I still suggest to upgrade to 64Gb ram to mitigate that phenomenon as much as possible.

MaloK, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.

Adobe Applications saying there isn't enough memory

It’s not FIXED, but it IS different…
    Today I created a small HDR/PANO – 18 D850 shots, 6 sets of 3-each HDR images.

Sent the first 6 pano images from Lightroom to Photoshop. Set reposition and content-aware fill.
    Panorama worked fine, CA fill FAILED with out of memory.
    Cleared all cache, PS memory usage dropped about 1.5GB, fill still failed. Memory usage around 16GB at this point.
    Flattened the image, fill still failed.
    Cleared cache again, fill still failed.
    It APPEARS that once this error appears, it NEVER goes away…

During processing I captured a little info. This is during processing the first 6 images.

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353087d1637886781t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353088d1637886795t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

Sent the SECOND set of 6 images, same settings.
    Panorama worked, CA FILL failed with out of memory.

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353089d1637886813t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353090d1637886833t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353091d1637886844t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

I missed the period where memory got to 31.9 but it did, and it sat there for several seconds before dropping back slightly.

Sent the THIRD set of 6 pano images, same settings. Same thing... It went between 31.4 and 31.9 GB of memory
    Pano worked, CA fill failed.

I SAVED all three panoramas and told PS to do the HDR blend of the 3 panorama images.
    It worked fine.

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353092d1637886891t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353093d1637886901t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353094d1637886910t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

In the shot of the Task manager - I have no idea how to make it show you the image larger - you can see that the only things using a significant amount of energy are Adobe. With all the processing done, and the HDR output sitting there, Photoshop hung onto around 21.5 GB of memory. It also continued to show almost all the Scratch in use…
    Went back to Lightroom, took the three panorama outputs and told Lightroom to do a Photo Merge HDR.

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353095d1637886934t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353096d1637886945t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

Lightroom sucked up a bunch of memory – I captured an image where PS was about 14.4GB and Lightroom was over 13.5 GB, but it’s missing at the moment…

Anyhow, eventually Lightroom failed on the HDR – again, it’s never successfully created anything NEAR this size, and memory dropped back to “normal”…

BUT, it seems like once Photoshop displays that “out of memory” popup, it never goes away no matter how much memory I give it back. Clearing cache doesn’t help, deleting all the images and reloading them doesn’t help. Only thing that works is shutting down Photoshop and restarting it…

My OTHER question is why does Photoshop show 23.4GB for scratch space when the scratch drive has more than 1.2 TB of free space. There were about 25GB of photoshop temp files on the scratch disk, but there’s a HUGE amount of free space if needed. What would have happened if the 23.4 PS thinks is there had gotten exhausted?

And BTW, even when it showed 31.9 in use of 31.9 GB, Efficiency NEVER dropped below 100%.

And LAST BUT NOT LEAST, a shot of the screen showing HALF the memory on the system is available and Photoshop STILL won't do the content-aware fill...

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. 353097d1637887169t-adobe-applications-saying-there-isnt-enough-memory-image.png

GracieAllen, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.

1. Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory. - Similar Threads - applications keep saying

2. I cant use all my ram memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant use all my ram memory: I cant use all my ram memory asus rog strix G512 LI intel core i7 , i have 16 GB it only uses 4700 MB i tried to maximize in RUN msconfig but when I press apply it says system configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration, boot changes will...
  3. I cant use all my ram memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use all my ram memory: I cant use all my ram memory asus rog strix G512 LI intel core i7 , i have 16 GB it only uses 4700 MB i tried to maximize in RUN msconfig but when I press apply it says system configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration, boot changes will...
  4. Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.: Hi, When I enter things like my browser and Minecraft, they both crash and say out of memory. When I check task manager the memory is not even half full. I did a memory diagnostic and nothing came broken. I don't know why they keep saying out of memory but I have 16 GB of...
  5. Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.: Hi, When I enter things like my browser and Minecraft, they both crash and say out of memory. When I check task manager the memory is not even half full. I did a memory diagnostic and nothing came broken. I don't know why they keep saying out of memory but I have 16 GB of...
  6. Something using up all my memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something using up all my memory: If I close Opera, it would be just 50-60%. Is it Windows using the memory or is it something hiding from me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-using-up-all-my-memory/dc04de06-8ad1-4d92-81ce-91249173589d
  7. Something using up all my memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something using up all my memory: If I close Opera, it would be just 50-60%. Is it Windows using the memory or is it something hiding from me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-using-up-all-my-memory/dc04de06-8ad1-4d92-81ce-91249173589d
  8. Something using up all my memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Facebook is using all my memory

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook is using all my memory: Hi, I don't want to spend hours looking for a match, so am posting here. Please advise if this is the proper way, or if there is a better way to go about it. My concern is this: Facebook will shut down on me and advise me to refresh my page, after only a coupe of hours use....
  10. All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs.: Hello guys, I'm new to this forum though i wanted to ask something. So it tells me that 800 mb of my memory is being used, while i have 12 gig on the graph it shows fully used + pc is being really slow because of it. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks in...