Windows 10: Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager

Discus and support Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager. The apps that I know do this are my Microsoft video player and Krita art program I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AshtonRoy, Oct 7, 2022.

1. AshtonRoy Win User

Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager

Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager. The apps that I know do this are my Microsoft video player and Krita art program I can run Minecraft fine as well as everything else I use regularly. This is not a constant issue its only those apps but whats odd is when my mouse pointer is in the Middle section nothing changes and it works as normal Image 1 But when my mouse goes into the toolbar or I open an actual file it spikes Image 2 I think this has happend with other applications I just cant remember. Has been happening for a few days I have redownloaded, changed hardw

:)

AshtonRoy, Oct 7, 2022
  2. Ron Howe Win User

Mouse Lag On Some Desktop Applications

I built a brand new, custom PC with some of the following hardware/software:

• ASUS X99 Sabertooth motherboard
    • 2x EVGA GEFORCE GTX 980 TI in SLI
    • Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • Visual Studio 2015 Pro

For the most part, my mouse is buttery smooth when interacting with Windows.

However, some desktop applications, Visual Studio 2015 Pro for example, cause the mouse to lag as if the video card was running in very low FPS. This is true for the SONOS sound system desktop application and some others.

All my drivers are up to date and everything is working wonderfully except for this limited scenario.

Ron Howe, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager

Desktop Window Manager causes major lag

So I installed Visual Studio Code and launched it. In a while my PC became unresponsive due to some kind of high CPU and RAM usage. After several minutes of lag I finally uninstalled it and things became better a little. After restart I noticed that some
    kind of lag is still present: my mouse flickers and everything runs poorly, like if I have 100% CPU usage. I've checked Task Manager and see that CPU consumption is only at 30%, which can't be that cause of lag. But anyway normal consumption with ONLY opened
    Task Manager is around 3-5%. I've checked Processes tab and I noticed that Task Manager and Desktop Window Manager processes are using in total 27% of CPU. After some investigation I noticed that ANY active window (like explorer, Chrome, Telegram) would use
    around 10-12% of CPU, while Desktop Window Manager still uses 13-15% of CPU. It seems like something went wrong with drawing process in Windows Desktop Manager during installing of Visual Studio Code and it causes some high load on OS which causes interface
    to lag. To clarify, my PC is virus-free. CPU: Intel i5-3570k, RAM: 16Gb DDR3, Automatic Updates are "On". So, my question is: How to fix any present issues with Desktop Windows Manager or roll it back, to state when it was working correctly. And what did Visual
    Studio Code did to it ?

Kirill Avramenko, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager

1. Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager - Similar Threads - applications lag uncontrollably

2. Some applications lagging after Graphics driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications lagging after Graphics driver update: After updating Graphics driver, Some applications lagging. Edge browser, Blender, Overall PC working well. only Unreal Editor is lagging, installed Fortect by assuming it may fix Lag, but surprisingly Fortect also...
  3. Some applications lagging after Graphics driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some applications lagging after Graphics driver update: After updating Graphics driver, Some applications lagging. Edge browser, Blender, Overall PC working well. only Unreal Editor is lagging, installed Fortect by assuming it may fix Lag, but surprisingly Fortect also...
  4. Some applications lagging after Graphics driver update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Having some problems with the windows desktop manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having some problems with the windows desktop manager.: So I'm on a laptop with windows 11, oftentimes, even when just being on my browser or doing anything really, the windows desktop manager spikes to 100% cpu and gpu usage. This is quite annoying while just doing stuff in general but is especially problematic when I'm playing...
  6. Having some problems with the windows desktop manager.

Having some problems with the windows desktop manager.: So I'm on a laptop with windows 11, oftentimes, even when just being on my browser or doing anything really, the windows desktop manager spikes to 100% cpu and gpu usage. This is quite annoying while just doing stuff in general but is especially problematic when I'm playing...
  7. Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager: Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager. The apps that I know do this are my Microsoft video player and Krita art program I can run Minecraft fine as well as everything else I use regularly. This is not a constant issue its only those apps but whats odd...
  8. Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager: Some applications lag uncontrollably Desktop Windows Manager. The apps that I know do this are my Microsoft video player and Krita art program I can run Minecraft fine as well as everything else I use regularly. This is not a constant issue its only those apps but whats odd...
  9. Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag: I have a Dell Inspiron 7501 with the following specifications:OS: Windows 10 Processor: intel core i7-10750 Memory: 16 GB RAM Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650For the past few months I have been facing some problems while playing a 3D game called SpaceEngine on my computer....
  10. Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag

Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag: I have a Dell Inspiron 7501 with the following specifications:OS: Windows 10 Processor: intel core i7-10750 Memory: 16 GB RAM Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650For the past few months I have been facing some problems while playing a 3D game called SpaceEngine on my computer....