Some applications not respecting master volume

Discus and support Some applications not respecting master volume in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Most notably, web browsers. I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Entity, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Entity Win User

Most notably, web browsers.

I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at around 20% as well. This is all great, but when I close and restart the browser and start watching a youtube video again, the sound is SUPER loud, even though the youtube volume slider is in the same place. If I open the system master volume knob and move it up or down 1 value, the program seems to realize it's not respecting the system volume and goes back to normal.

Any way to fix this?

:)

Entity, Jul 30, 2015
  2. mtrigoboff Win User

N810 Speaker Loudness?

The external speakers in my new N810 do not play loud enough, even when I set the Master Volume and the application's volume to its maximum. Is there any other setting that can be used to increase the volume of the sound played through the speakers?

Thanks...

mtrigoboff, Jul 30, 2015
  3. ms_wp Win User
    My Nokia Lumia 520 If i decreased my music volume then my ringtone also decreased

Hi Monica,

Can you suggest to make the ringer volume independent of master volume?

Eg: If I decrease the master volume, it should not decrease the ringer volume. Pls help.

ms_wp, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Some applications not respecting master volume - Similar Threads - applications respecting master

2. MS Teams and Headphone inline volume/mute

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Teams and Headphone inline volume/mute: My Plantronics Blackwire C320M inline mute and volume control works in Skype but in the new Teams meeting it doesn't. Am i doing something wrong, or is there a way to allow the control from the headset cable? Thanks,...
  3. Notebook HP Zbook 17G2 / WINDOWS 10 / Volume Icon /

Notebook HP Zbook 17G2 / WINDOWS 10 / Volume Icon /: When I click the volume icon my screen freezes. Is there a solution for my problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/notebook-hp-zbook-17g2-windows-10-volume-icon/b4687dda-0e95-4028-9388-863bdfefb9f7
  4. some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...: Hi, Some of ctrl shortcuts with left control are suddenly not working anymore, like ctrl v,c,t but they are working with the right control key. They were working a few days ago. Also, ctrl z and x are working (with both left and right) so left control key IS working...
  5. Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update: Hello, Been having an issue lately with Office 2013 VL on Windows 10 1709. To test, I just spun up a brand new VM, installed Windows 10 1709 and Office 2013. Both are activated and the 'Give me updates for other MS products... " is checked in Windows Update. I receive...
  6. Some more feedback needed on Diskpart

Some more feedback needed on Diskpart: Hi all, I've recently done a clean Windows 10 installation using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive. I always look afterwards in Disk Management or Diskpart to see if the partitions are set up correctly. My clean installation method is always the same I delete all...
  7. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control: I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then...
  8. I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that...: I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that to display in English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/im-getting-trouble-while-typing-as-it-is/936dde73-9ebf-498f-9065-99cc79e0e5fd
  9. Volume Stays Soft After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Volume Stays Soft After Update: I just updated my computer, and it worked fine for a while. After about an hour or two however, the volume was really low. If I turn everything all the way up, then I can hear it very faintly, but that's it. I updated my audio drivers, and restarted my computer, but nothing...
  10. Arrow key acts as it's pressed up only on windows applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrow key acts as it's pressed up only on windows applications: I'm having an issue where my arrow key is acting like it's constantly being pressed up several times per second. What's really odd is that it only happens in windows OS apps, such as the start menu, control panel, or on my pinned applications as in the attached picture....