Some applications not respecting master volume

Discus and support Some applications not respecting master volume in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Most notably, web browsers. I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Entity, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Entity Win User

Most notably, web browsers.

I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at around 20% as well. This is all great, but when I close and restart the browser and start watching a youtube video again, the sound is SUPER loud, even though the youtube volume slider is in the same place. If I open the system master volume knob and move it up or down 1 value, the program seems to realize it's not respecting the system volume and goes back to normal.

Any way to fix this?

:)

Entity, Jul 30, 2015
  2. mtrigoboff Win User

N810 Speaker Loudness?

The external speakers in my new N810 do not play loud enough, even when I set the Master Volume and the application's volume to its maximum. Is there any other setting that can be used to increase the volume of the sound played through the speakers?

Thanks...

mtrigoboff, Jul 30, 2015
  3. ms_wp Win User
    My Nokia Lumia 520 If i decreased my music volume then my ringtone also decreased

Hi Monica,

Can you suggest to make the ringer volume independent of master volume?

Eg: If I decrease the master volume, it should not decrease the ringer volume. Pls help.

ms_wp, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Some applications not respecting master volume - Similar Threads - applications respecting master

1. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Many a time it may so happen that programs on your Windows 10 PC get denied of accessing graphics hardware. The message says that an application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. One of the common scenarios is when [...] This post Application has...
  2. Windows 10: Multiple instances of an application & taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Multiple instances of an application & taskbar buttons: Hi everyone! I have two instances of VMWare open with each running a different VM. VMWare 1 is almost never touched as it holds our PostgreSQL instance whose DB we access from inside VMWare 2. I don't combine my taskbar buttons and I'd like to move VMWare 1's taskbar...
  3. Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling: So out of the blue last night my PC is acting as if the up arrow key is being spammed, so in windows 10 applications, such as right clicking on a program on the taskbar, opening the start menu, windows settings, it will continually scroll up. Here is an example of what I...
  4. Disable the save As pop up messages for Notepad applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable the save As pop up messages for Notepad applications: How do i disable the Save as pop up messages that arises when i try to close the notepad application having some unsaved data? Is it possible in windows 10? 111999
  5. Override win application confirmation messages over User Defined Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Override win application confirmation messages over User Defined Apps: Hi i have a windows form application developed in c#. I will customize my windows image to have only this app running on boot up. I will also have a notepad app available for the user. I would like to know if there's any way i can override the save data pop up which will...
  6. Windows Built in OS hotkey (NOT assignable application hotkeys)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Built in OS hotkey (NOT assignable application hotkeys): We use dual screen with one application using 1 screen, and the other screen for everything else including the Desktop, File Explorer etc. Application 1 requires a special Macro Keyboard which sends out CTRL-SHIFT-1 (and 2, 3, 4 etc) to it. These cannot be changed....
  7. Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?: Everytime I run a program a window pops up "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" ? Its annoying. I want to add this application to the whitelist in Gpedit or Secpol or somewhere like that so the app can run without issues. What I've read so far is that I can...