Windows 10: Some applications not respecting master volume

Discus and support Some applications not respecting master volume in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Most notably, web browsers. I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Entity, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Entity Win User

Some applications not respecting master volume

Most notably, web browsers.

I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at around 20% as well. This is all great, but when I close and restart the browser and start watching a youtube video again, the sound is SUPER loud, even though the youtube volume slider is in the same place. If I open the system master volume knob and move it up or down 1 value, the program seems to realize it's not respecting the system volume and goes back to normal.

Any way to fix this?

:)

Entity, Jul 30, 2015

2. N810 Speaker Loudness?

The external speakers in my new N810 do not play loud enough, even when I set the Master Volume and the application's volume to its maximum. Is there any other setting that can be used to increase the volume of the sound played through the speakers?

Thanks...

mtrigoboff, Jul 30, 2015
  3. ms_wp Win User
    My Nokia Lumia 520 If i decreased my music volume then my ringtone also decreased

Hi Monica,

Can you suggest to make the ringer volume independent of master volume?

Eg: If I decrease the master volume, it should not decrease the ringer volume. Pls help.

ms_wp, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Some applications not respecting master volume

1. Some applications not respecting master volume - Similar Threads - applications respecting master

2. SOME APPLICATION NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOME APPLICATION NOT WORKING: [ATTACH] HS Chouhan <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> [IMG]8 Nov 2018, 17:13 (16 hours ago) [IMG] [IMG] to MicrosoftAnswers [IMG] Dear sir, 1 I am sending a screen shot of the ERROR, 2 I have tried windows 8 & 7 setting in troubleshooting. but both not solve...
  3. Invididual application volume levels change on their own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invididual application volume levels change on their own: While using my computer, I can go days at a time without having to deal with this issue, which is what makes it even more frustrating when it does happen, as I don't know the cause. To begin, I'm on Windows 10, and while using my computer, I'll go to play music via Spotify,...
  4. Doesn't windows respect privacy anymore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doesn't windows respect privacy anymore?: I know windows stopped caring about respecting users privacy ages ago, forcing more advanced users to use custom dlls blocking services and messing up with way deeper settings buried in lost dark places of windows. What I cant understand is that after all of that, with...
  5. I cant open Some Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant open Some Applications: Hello , when i try to open an app , i get this error message How to Fix it Please See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Exception: Error calling...
  6. Some applications work intermittently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some applications work intermittently.: Hi Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit I use Tysoft FTP Server & smtp4dev I find they run once, then fail to run again until I reboot my PC. Both apps show as 32bit applications. Has anyone had any similar issues with other applications and found a way around it ? Thanks 33927
  7. Can't defrag this volume for some reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't defrag this volume for some reason: [img] [img] I am trying to optimize my system performance, by making sure every single drive is defragged, but when I open disk defragmenter and run it for all drives 1 volume cannot be optimized for some reason. I have a 7200 RPM 1TB W.D. Primary for windows and a...
  8. Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume: Hey all, First time poster. Be gentle :) I have a problem with the slider for a specific application in Windows 10. It is always stuck at 10% of whatever the Device volume is set to. Example: If I set the Device volume to 30%, the specific Application will be stuck at...
  9. Some applications look blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Some applications look blurry: how can I solve that? before windows 10 those applications looked nicer than now 17752
  10. Some window application text blur

in Windows 10 Support
    Some window application text blur: Hi, I'm new here. I've installed windows 10 pro (64bit) in my MacBook Pro 11.1. The problem is that device manager and some window applications have text blur as image attached below. What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks in advanced for your help. [img]...