Windows 10: Some applications not respecting master volume

Discus and support Some applications not respecting master volume in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Most notably, web browsers. I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Entity, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Entity Win User

Some applications not respecting master volume

Most notably, web browsers.

I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at around 20% as well. This is all great, but when I close and restart the browser and start watching a youtube video again, the sound is SUPER loud, even though the youtube volume slider is in the same place. If I open the system master volume knob and move it up or down 1 value, the program seems to realize it's not respecting the system volume and goes back to normal.

Any way to fix this?

:)

Entity, Jul 30, 2015

2. N810 Speaker Loudness?

The external speakers in my new N810 do not play loud enough, even when I set the Master Volume and the application's volume to its maximum. Is there any other setting that can be used to increase the volume of the sound played through the speakers?

Thanks...

mtrigoboff, Jul 30, 2015
  3. ms_wp Win User
    My Nokia Lumia 520 If i decreased my music volume then my ringtone also decreased

Hi Monica,

Can you suggest to make the ringer volume independent of master volume?

Eg: If I decrease the master volume, it should not decrease the ringer volume. Pls help.

ms_wp, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Some applications not respecting master volume

1. Some applications not respecting master volume - Similar Threads - applications respecting master

2. Master Volume Control not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Master Volume Control not working: Greetings everyone. I just upgraded to the new windows 11 recently on my HP laptop.As most laptops, we have multimedia keys as part of the keyboard. This controls the system volume. please correct me if I'm wrong, but on my last version of windows when the master volume is at...
  3. Master Volume Control not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Master Volume Control not working: Greetings everyone. I just upgraded to the new windows 11 recently on my HP laptop.As most laptops, we have multimedia keys as part of the keyboard. This controls the system volume. please correct me if I'm wrong, but on my last version of windows when the master volume is at...
  4. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Master Volume not working: Hi! I have a problem where changing master volume on my notebook PC when using built-in speakers doesn't change the actual volume. It works fine when using headphones. The drivers are up-to-date, and I tried restarting the audio service and doing audio troubleshooting to no...
  5. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Master Volume not working: Hi! I have a problem where changing master volume on my notebook PC when using built-in speakers doesn't change the actual volume. It works fine when using headphones. The drivers are up-to-date, and I tried restarting the audio service and doing audio troubleshooting to no...
  6. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Individual application automatically maximises master volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Individual application automatically maximises master volume: For the past couple of months I have been experiencing problems with my master volume. Whenever I use discord it always changes my master volume to 100 but when I switch tabs to any other application it returns to the volume I set before going on discord. I have seen a...
  8. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume: Hi all, I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly...
  9. Master Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master Volume: When I am on a Zoom or SKYPE session the volume of the sound even when turned up to 100% is not high enough to hear the other person properly. How can I increase it beyond 100%? Thank you, Dave Barlow...
  10. Some applications appear in the 'Headphones' in Volume Mixer and some applications appear...

Some applications appear in the 'Headphones' in Volume Mixer and some applications appear...: I was trying to play a game on my computer and it had no sound. When I checked volume mixer, I couldn't see the application in the headphones section but I could see everything else except for the one game. However, checking the speakers showed that the game was there, but...