Windows 10: Some apps appearing half black on windows

Discus and support Some apps appearing half black on windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using some apps extensively like Rstudio, Visual Studio Code, Google chrome. However when i run them they are not appearing properly. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arshiful, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Arshiful Win User

Some apps appearing half black on windows

I have been using some apps extensively like Rstudio, Visual Studio Code, Google chrome. However when i run them they are not appearing properly. I am getting half black screen in the apps or fully black. I think its a windows issue. Please kindly help.

Some apps appearing half black on windows 54cfdd87-6f21-41e4-8a74-0fc86b4898c7?upload=true.png

Some apps appearing half black on windows 1b07612e-b3c3-43c9-b5cd-0d54c0bf5814?upload=true.png

:)

Arshiful, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Black Dots appears on screen

Hello Kushal,

Black screen errors can be caused by issues with the display adapter drivers, connection issues between with your PC or display, or during installation of operating system or updates.

For resolution, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors. See
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Choose the error you're experiencing from the list,
    and a set of troubleshooting steps will be provided.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Some apps appearing half black on windows - Similar Threads - apps appearing half

2. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken: Hard to explain really, but I've had this problem for a while. It's occurring on my desktop and a laptop and not sure what to do about it. It cropped up again last week as some notification that appeared at start up. I have no idea what to do. This is what it looks like:...
  3. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken: Hard to explain really, but I've had this problem for a while. It's occurring on my desktop and a laptop and not sure what to do about it. It cropped up again last week as some notification that appeared at start up. I have no idea what to do. This is what it looks like:...
  4. spikesnot lag appearing on some apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    spikesnot lag appearing on some apps: so there are spikes showing in specific applications, mostly Signal and Curseforge. Here are some images for reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spikesnot-lag-appearing-on-some-apps/5151ac3a-459f-4136-bdcb-afd2912ee349
  5. black window appearing

black window appearing: About a week ago a black cmd box has been appearing for a split second on my desktop and when I play games it minimizes the software, I looked for a solution across the internet, non of them seemed to have work such as fixing the office update timer, my antivirus hasnt picked...
  6. Some apps appear blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps appear blurry: I've recently run into a problem where some apps appear blurry. It used to just be for experimental apps that I coded myself, but I've found that now my minecraft launcher has become blurry too. I've already tried going to "Fix apps that appear blurry" but the setting was...
  7. Screen appearing half back

Screen appearing half back: [IMG]after Upadate in windows 10 what shuold i do... is it due to virus or .....??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-appearing-half-back/892a7849-9115-4352-83a9-8bf647aa640c
  8. camera is showing half black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera is showing half black: This is what my camera is doing...can you tell me why? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-showing-half-black/7dc21066-5c80-4821-9346-ba29859aa21a
  9. Some apps appear blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps appear blurry: Hello, Recently I have been experiencing some issues with two of my apps. Slack and Twitch appear blurry when the mouse cursor is not hovering over them. This started happening a few weeks ago and I can tell what's causing it. I tried a bunch of things I found online about...
  10. Some apps appear all pixelated

in Windows 10 Support
    Some apps appear all pixelated: Hello everyone. Here's my problem in a simple screenshot : [ATTACH] I have the same issue with the small Skype window that pops up when you reduce the app (no screenshot yet). I'm running W10 Pro 1709 at 1920x1080, DPI scaling at 100% As you can see icons and most text...