Windows 10: Some apps appearing half black on windows

Discus and support Some apps appearing half black on windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using some apps extensively like Rstudio, Visual Studio Code, Google chrome. However when i run them they are not appearing properly. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arshiful, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Arshiful Win User

Some apps appearing half black on windows

I have been using some apps extensively like Rstudio, Visual Studio Code, Google chrome. However when i run them they are not appearing properly. I am getting half black screen in the apps or fully black. I think its a windows issue. Please kindly help.

Some apps appearing half black on windows 54cfdd87-6f21-41e4-8a74-0fc86b4898c7?upload=true.png

Some apps appearing half black on windows 1b07612e-b3c3-43c9-b5cd-0d54c0bf5814?upload=true.png

:)

Arshiful, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Black Dots appears on screen

Hello Kushal,

Black screen errors can be caused by issues with the display adapter drivers, connection issues between with your PC or display, or during installation of operating system or updates.

For resolution, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors. See
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Choose the error you're experiencing from the list,
    and a set of troubleshooting steps will be provided.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Some apps appearing half black on windows - Similar Threads - apps appearing half

2. Half of my taskbar icons are black on black ||-( How to make visible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Half of my taskbar icons are black on black ||-( How to make visible?: I find it unspeakably maddening that MS occasionally fiddles with basic UI settings and pesters users with "features" they never asked for! E.g. this "dark theme" that pops up everywhere is about as desirable and useful as a goiter. ||-( It may be useful to save a few...
  3. Some software showing half of the text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some software showing half of the text: Hello I am using Windows 10 pro with 64-bit processor. I am facing a problem that sometimes I see half of the text is gone on some software. It happens only on some software. See the image below. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  4. Black boxes appearing on Windows applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black boxes appearing on Windows applications: Windows applications like sticky notes, camera, etc. have black boxes surrounding all of the buttons on them and I am not able to click anything. Here is what I mean: [ATTACH] It's really annoying and it's been happening for months. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in...
  5. Windows 10 - Everything appears in the top half of my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Everything appears in the top half of my screen: Hey, I believe one of my children touched my laptop and now almost everything appears in the top half of my laptop screen. For applications where I have a minimise/maximise, I was able to click normal and then maximise and this worked fine. For all other windows functions,...
  6. Some apps have text appear too small (unreadable) and some apps have text appear too big

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some apps have text appear too small (unreadable) and some apps have text appear too big: Hello, I'm having a problem with some apps where they appear with text with varying sizes, making work very hard or impossible. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have messed with a lot of things on the display options, as well as compatibility issues but I can't solve this question,...
  7. Some apps appear all pixelated

in Windows 10 Support
    Some apps appear all pixelated: Hello everyone. Here's my problem in a simple screenshot : [ATTACH] I have the same issue with the small Skype window that pops up when you reduce the app (no screenshot yet). I'm running W10 Pro 1709 at 1920x1080, DPI scaling at 100% As you can see icons and most text...
  8. Black line randomly appeared after opening app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black line randomly appeared after opening app.: So I just opened one of my apps on my computer called osu, But the screen went black. I closed the app and saw that there is a black line at the bottom of the screen. I don't know why but I need to fix this and all my hardware is fine. Please help. I use a Get 1060 and Intel...
  9. Why is the bottom half of my screen black?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is the bottom half of my screen black?: Suddenly, all the icons, browser, E-mail and virtually any internet or OS folders are shoved to the top half of my screen. I tried restore, settings, but got nowhere. I turned the PC on and off, still nothing. 44105
  10. Text Appearing irregular/nonuniform in some apps and websites

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Appearing irregular/nonuniform in some apps and websites: Hi, I have recently built a new PC and I have had this issue with the text. In some websites and programs it appears blocky and irregular. See screen dump below. [img] Fixes I have tried: -For an individual program going to its Properties>Compatibility>checking...