Windows 10: Some apps automatically minimised and stuck in the taskbar

Discus and support Some apps automatically minimised and stuck in the taskbar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some apps automatically gets minimised or something and gets stuck [ATTACH]in the taskbar and just won't open again without closing the apps and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShubhamAgarwal1502, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Some apps automatically minimised and stuck in the taskbar

Some apps automatically gets minimised or something and gets stuck Some apps automatically minimised and stuck in the taskbar a40dcd73-3037-4701-be72-9d099ddbcd26?upload=true.jpg in the taskbar and just won't open again without closing the apps and then starting it again. Dev C++ becomes minimised and appears as given in the below picture and nothing happens when I click into it!!

:)

ShubhamAgarwal1502, Apr 3, 2020

2. taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Apr 3, 2020
  3. PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Some apps automatically minimised and stuck in the taskbar

Mail & Edge won't appear along taskbar & no icons are appearing for either.

Hi Ramon

I have run the SFC and a clean boot as you suggest but the problem persists.

Another little example of the problem is I opened the Calculator app for use recently, and upon minimising it the icon did not appear on the taskbar below and so Calculator became no longer retrievable from that point.

I have now managed to pin the Mail app to the taskbar, but this was only achieved by finding an old email and opening it through Mail which was set as the default program. Mail still does not appear in the programs list.

Any further suggestions?

chasunderpay, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Some apps automatically minimised and stuck in the taskbar

1. Some apps automatically minimised and stuck in the taskbar - Similar Threads - apps automatically minimised

2. Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open: I thought, in past versions of Windows, there was a way to keep application icons minimised in the Taskbar when the app was launched/open. If there is in v10, I can't find it. On my laptop Surface Book 2 icons do remain minimised. On my desktop computer, or when I connect...
  3. Windows 10 auto minimising some apps eg Calculator, Settings; Help app; etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 auto minimising some apps eg Calculator, Settings; Help app; etc: As an example, I open Calculator and start using it and it randomly minimises. Might be immediately; after a few seconds; when being used; when not being used. Very inconsistent. Very very frustrating! Any ideas please?...
  4. Alt tab not minimising some games?

Alt tab not minimising some games?: I have a single monitor. I used to be able to alt tab out of a full screen game and it would minimize in the background until I opened it again. As of a couple of days ago about half the games I've tried that used to run full screen fine no longer minimize when I alt tab and...
  5. Alt tab not minimising some games?

Alt tab not minimising some games?: I have a single monitor. I used to be able to alt tab out of a full screen game and it would minimize in the background until I opened it again. As of a couple of days ago about half the games I've tried that used to run full screen fine no longer minimize when I alt tab and...
  6. My apps keep minimising

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My apps keep minimising: Why do my apps on my lenovo tablet keep minimising every few minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-keep-minimising/cca0e2e1-2f56-4327-bdb8-dd9169357008
  7. Some apps overlapping taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Some apps overlapping taskbar: I am running WIn10 home. I am not sure if this question belongs in this forum or the VB6 forum. When I am in the VB6 IDE thee form is displaying just fine. I can move it near the top of the scree. I can move it near the bottom and, as expected, if I move it too low the...
  8. Win 10 minimising apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 minimising apps: I had this problem on one of my 5 computers. All my programs are randomly starting to minimise without any possibility to reopen them back. Now after updates two of my computers are having same problem and i lost hundreds of hours of work. I need to restart my computers at...
  9. Taskbar thumbnail popups do not minimise....

Taskbar thumbnail popups do not minimise....: This has been asked before and the answer was just a momentary fix instead of an actual solution. When hovering over the open programs on the taskbar, we are presented with a thumbnail popup, this is supposed to minimize when you move the cursor away from it but do not. We...
  10. Taskbar thumbnail popups do not minimise....

Taskbar thumbnail popups do not minimise....: This has been asked before and the answer was just a momentary fix instead of an actual solution. When hovering over the open programs on the taskbar, we are presented with a thumbnail popup, this is supposed to minimize when you move the cursor away from it but do not. We...