Windows 10: Some apps crash on start

Discus and support Some apps crash on start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The issue came up yesterday. Some apps on my computer won’t start and I don’t understand why this is happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ana941, May 7, 2020.

1. Ana941 Win User

Some apps crash on start

The issue came up yesterday. Some apps on my computer won’t start and I don’t understand why this is happening

:)

Ana941, May 7, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 7, 2020
  3. ALL WINDOWS 10 APPS CRASH AT THE START!!!

Hello,

To determine the solution for your Windows 10 apps crashing problem, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were the apps, referred to your query, downloaded from Windows Store?
    • Were there changes made prior to the issue?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed in an attempt to resolve the problem?

We look forward to your response.

Vanessa Oca, May 7, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Some apps crash on start

dalchina, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Some apps crash on start

1. Some apps crash on start - Similar Threads - apps crash start

2. Some of my games started to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my games started to crash: Hi there, during the last weeks i'm having problems with some of my games, I firstly noticed the crash problems on Cyberpunk 2077, the errors messages i keep getting on this game are two:Error reason: Assert Expression: <Unknown> Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons!...
  3. Some of my games started to crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my games started to crash: Hi there, during the last weeks i'm having problems with some of my games, I firstly noticed the crash problems on Cyberpunk 2077, the errors messages i keep getting on this game are two:Error reason: Assert Expression: <Unknown> Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons!...
  4. Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing: I'm running Windows 11. Things were working fine until one day about half a dozen or more Windows store apps refused to run properly. They start where you can see some portion of the window as it is starting up then they crash. I have searched the Internet about this and...
  5. apps crashing in start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps crashing in start: I have Windows apps trying to open and it all crashes when I try it. I check if there are updates on the apps but all are up to date in store. Maybe it will fix by windows update so I updated my Windows but still crashes. I dont want to download 3rd party since Microsoft apps...
  6. apps crashing in start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps crashing in start: I have Windows apps trying to open and it all crashes when I try it. I check if there are updates on the apps but all are up to date in store. Maybe it will fix by windows update so I updated my Windows but still crashes. I dont want to download 3rd party since Microsoft apps...
  7. Windows 10- Some apps crashing immediately after starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10- Some apps crashing immediately after starting: Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago when certain apps started crashing as soon as they opened or wouldn't open at all. The Microsoft Photos app, VLC Media Player and a couple of other apps are facing this issue, while apps like Microsoft Movies & TV, Google...
  8. hanging or crashing apps, some apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hanging or crashing apps, some apps not working: Is the messages shown in device performance & health after I removed IE11 and installed chrome browser. Troubleshooting states it cannot automatically fix the problem. How to fix?...
  9. some apps and games crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    some apps and games crashing: hi please help me with this. it happend to me in all my win 10 pcs why this problem didnt get solved already evry time my apps and games working and then stuuf just not loading i tried everything.Guides and tutorials.Nothing helps.There was one solution with powershell but...
  10. Some apps crash on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some apps crash on startup: Hey guys, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and some apps and accessories aren't working for me. Microsoft Edge doesn't open or do anything when I click the taskbar icon for it. When I try to open System Information it opens for a second then sends an error report for crashing....