Windows 10: Some apps crash on startup

Discus and support Some apps crash on startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and some apps and accessories aren't working for me. Microsoft Edge doesn't open or do anything when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by chilos, Aug 2, 2015.

1. chilos Win User

Some apps crash on startup

Hey guys, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and some apps and accessories aren't working for me. Microsoft Edge doesn't open or do anything when I click the taskbar icon for it. When I try to open System Information it opens for a second then sends an error report for crashing. Same thing for iTunes. And Windows Defender crashes shortly after opening.

Any help is appreciated,

:)

chilos, Aug 2, 2015

2. Some apps crash at startup.

Hi dinne,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

Please share the details.

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue occur on a local account or the Microsoft Account?

I would suggest you to Sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the Microsoft Account check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would also suggest you to disable Antivirus and check the status.

Disable Anti-virus software the issue may also arise due to the security software installed in your system. So, I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus installed on your system
    and check if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2 :Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows
    10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Clean Boot
    Notes:

• You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.

• Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or
      experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.

• If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced
      boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to perform a clean boot on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Some apps crash at startup.

Hello, I have a problem when I start an app, it automatically closes, how can I fix it? Some apps include Sports app, Microsoft Minesweeper, etc... Thank you.

JM Sleiman, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Some apps crash on startup

1. Some apps crash on startup - Similar Threads - apps crash startup

2. Xbox app crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app crashes on startup: Whenever I attempt to open the app, it displays the Xbox logo and subsequently crashes after approximately 30 seconds.Upon investigating the Event Viewer, I found the following error message my PC is in Italian, I hope it's understandable anyway:"Il programma XboxPcApp.exe...
  3. Xbox app crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app crashes on startup: Whenever I attempt to open the app, it displays the Xbox logo and subsequently crashes after approximately 30 seconds.Upon investigating the Event Viewer, I found the following error message my PC is in Italian, I hope it's understandable anyway:"Il programma XboxPcApp.exe...
  4. Photos App Crashes at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App Crashes at Startup: If I open Photos app, it begins to open shows just a blank gray window then crashes almost immediately.If I double-click a picture file, it opens fine, but then clicking the button jump back to all pictures will also cause it to crash.Repair or Reset from App Settings didn't...
  5. Photos App Crashes at Startup

Photos App Crashes at Startup: If I open Photos app, it begins to open shows just a blank gray window then crashes almost immediately.If I double-click a picture file, it opens fine, but then clicking the button jump back to all pictures will also cause it to crash.Repair or Reset from App Settings didn't...
  6. Xbox app crashes on startup

Xbox app crashes on startup: When I start Xbox app it crashes on startup, when i deleted it and tried to reinstall it gave error Code: 0x80070422. I have installed the latest windows updates, drivers, and troubleshot after every restart to no avail....
  7. Xbox app crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app crashes on startup: When I start Xbox app it crashes on startup, when i deleted it and tried to reinstall it gave error Code: 0x80070422. I have installed the latest windows updates, drivers, and troubleshot after every restart to no avail....
  8. Some startup app in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some startup app in task manager: How we can remove WinHoster **** Winflow these files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/some-startup-app-in-task-manager/c29c2e26-f832-4188-85ca-c930df00f218
  9. App crashes on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App crashes on startup.: Hi, I bought a game off the windows store and I've tried to start it up and it crashes. I examined the error in the event viewer and got this output. Can someone tell me what this means and what i have to do to fix it? Faulting application name:...
  10. some apps and games crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    some apps and games crashing: hi please help me with this. it happend to me in all my win 10 pcs why this problem didnt get solved already evry time my apps and games working and then stuuf just not loading i tried everything.Guides and tutorials.Nothing helps.There was one solution with powershell but...