Windows 10: Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them

Discus and support Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Apologies if this is in the wrong category as I couldn't find one I felt was specific to my problem, so I've posted in performance and system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinP240, Jan 6, 2020.

1. KevinP240 Win User

Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them

Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong category as I couldn't find one I felt was specific to my problem, so I've posted in performance and system failures.

I have a problem when trying to run some apps. Using Microsoft's own Process Explorer in place of Task Manager I can see the process starts but immediately gets disabled as it's greyed out. Sometimes when trying to force close the process I get an error saying access denied. While I have UAC settings on maximum as I'm security conscious and I want to make sure system specific changes are only those changes initiated by me, my login account is an administrator account.

The most common app that fails to start is GPU Temp as I like to monitor the temperature of my GTX 1060 from the taskbar alongside CPU Temp. CPU Temp runs perfectly fine but GPU Temp doesn't always start. If it doesn't start, I know other apps that I've had problems with such as WinAero Tweaker won't run either. If I see GPU Temp in the system tray on Windows start, then everything will be fine.

This issue started since the 1909 release back in November 2019 though I initially put it down to the possibility of my copy of Windows being constantly patched and updated many months prior. So on Sunday January 5th 2020 I performed a full system reset deleting all apps, files and settings after backing up my files first but the problem persists.

Now bare in mind these are not app crashes, so I can't provide dump files, they just simply stop running as soon as they're loaded into memory. Prior to the 1909 update release, all was fine. Other than that, the performance on my PC isn't hindered in the slightest. Has anyone else had this issue and if so have you managed to fix it?

My PC specs are:

Windows is retail edition not OEM as all parts listed below I've purchased myself and built my own PC.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Octo Core 4.2GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P last BIOS update released Feb 26th 2016 and is installed, no further BIOS updates exist so technically BIOS is up to date

RAM: 4 x 8GB DDR3 32GB total

Storage:

• 2 x Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSDs 1 is used for Windows boot
    • 1 x Western Digital Green 1TB 7,200rpm HDD
    • 2 x Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7,200rpm HDD

S.M.A.R.T status of all drives report healthy with no issues

GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB Mini running in dual screen mode with 2 x AOC 2460 monitors in 1,920 x 1,080p @ 60Hz

I use Bitdefender AV Plus for my AV solution I also normally use Malwarebytes for a 2nd layer of protection, but as of writing this discussion I haven't gotten round to installing it since resetting my PC and ZoneAlarm for my firewall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Kevin

:)

KevinP240, Jan 6, 2020
  2. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Jan 6, 2020
  3. rian30 Win User
    Nokia 5530 don´t start

Last year I bought a nokia 5530 but a few days ago it don´t start.. It just appear the nokia logo and nothing else... I´ve been trying to hard reset it like you say in here but it doesn´t work... Please help

rian30, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

Ack! I didn't see that. I checked that "Load on Windows Startup" option and now it does start up with Windows. I also deleted the Scheduled Task for GPU-Z since there were two scheduled tasks listed for GPU-Z, the one that I created and the one that the selected option created. Thanks!

Now there is another issue. I have the GPU-Z shortcut set to start up with the window minimized. This worked before when manually starting GPU-Z after Windows started up. Now, when GPU-Z starts up automatically, the minimized window selected in the shortcut doesn't minimized the GPU-Z window. Is there a way to have GPU-Z start when Windows starts AND start up minimized?

I feel like I'm playing Whack-A-Mole!

Avedis53, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them - Similar Threads - apps don't load

2. Start menu missing right click menu options as well as app logos for some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu missing right click menu options as well as app logos for some apps: Having this issue with Windows 10 running on a HP Z Book laptop.When I right click on some programs/apps in the start menu and windows search, the only option that appears is to pin or unpin it from the start menu. Additionally, any program which is missing the normal right...
  3. Start menu missing right click menu options as well as app logos for some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu missing right click menu options as well as app logos for some apps: Having this issue with Windows 10 running on a HP Z Book laptop.When I right click on some programs/apps in the start menu and windows search, the only option that appears is to pin or unpin it from the start menu. Additionally, any program which is missing the normal right...
  4. Start menu missing right click menu options as well as app logos for some apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work: Hello, my system consist of three drives: - C: 128 GB SSD which is where windows installed - D and E: both sum is 3 TB and I keep all files and installations on them. my windows started to crash randomly and the C drive was getting low on spacelike 15 GB remaining. so I...
  6. Taskbar icons don't load on Windows start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons don't load on Windows start: Hi Guys. My windows taskbar doesn't load any icons after I log in. They only appear once I click windows button couple of times. My windows version is 20H2 19042.685. It happens on a clean reinstall. Do you have any suggestions? submitted by /u/CharliePCIe [link]...
  7. Some apps not shown when searching for them from start menu

in Cortana
    Some apps not shown when searching for them from start menu: Hello, I purchased a new SSD and made a clean install of windows 10 on it , After installing all my apps I noticed the some apps are not appearing as a serch result when searching from them from windows search , While I can open them from start menu itself , It is really...
  8. Some apps crash on start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps crash on start: The issue came up yesterday. Some apps on my computer won’t start and I don’t understand why this is happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-apps-crash-on-start/3029d2b8-8d96-4d37-8f63-17802031df65
  9. Some services can't start even if i try to start them manually

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some services can't start even if i try to start them manually: some services I use don't start automatically and when I try to start them manually I run into unexpected end , meaning they do not start at all, I need help on that please, what should I do?...
  10. Some startup apps don't start on boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some startup apps don't start on boot?: Hi, I've noticed this problem for a few months, some old and all new software rarely starts once I'm logged in, even if they're enabled within startup in task manager. I feel like I've inadvertently disabled something but I'm not able to find where. I have previously googled...