Windows 10: Some apps in Windows 10 displays unknown text/font instead of English

Discus and support Some apps in Windows 10 displays unknown text/font instead of English in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have installed Pycharm on my windows 10. After the completion of installation when i try to open the app, the display shows like this (see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PumpkinBat20375, May 19, 2019.

1. Some apps in Windows 10 displays unknown text/font instead of English

I have installed Pycharm on my windows 10. After the completion of installation when i try to open the app, the display shows like this (see the picture) Some apps in Windows 10 displays unknown text/font instead of English 72bab83b-a448-476d-abe2-f4330147fc62?upload=true.png

:)

PumpkinBat20375, May 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 displays gibberish text in some apps

Method 1 in this link fixed my problem after creators update:

Windows 10 (English) system text show as gibberish

Smart Lama, May 19, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Enlarging Fonts

Hi,

The option for enlarging fonts, apps, and other items is located in the Display settings. To enlarge fonts, apps, and other items in
    Windows 10, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click on any blank space on your desktop.
    • Open Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items on the Display tab, select your preferred size percentage.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 19, 2019
  4. Some apps in Windows 10 displays unknown text/font instead of English

Font

Hello,

Since you just installed Windows 10, the font that was installed before has changed to the default one. If you want to set the previous font, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X.
    • Go to Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Display icon.
    • Under Change only the text size, select Icons.
    • Choose a font size (6 to 24) that you want for icon text.
    • When finished, click or tap on Apply.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Some apps in Windows 10 displays unknown text/font instead of English

1. Some apps in Windows 10 displays unknown text/font instead of English - Similar Threads - apps displays unknown

2. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text: Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is...
  3. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text: Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is...
  4. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows apps, some in default is English, some in Chinese.

Windows apps, some in default is English, some in Chinese.: Windows apps, some in default is English, some in Chinese. How can I change it all to English in default?I had try to change from the setting in Time & language>Language & region, but it does not help....
  6. Some websites are not being displayed in English fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some websites are not being displayed in English fonts: I am facing a problem where some specific sites are not displaying in English fonts. Both Edge and Chrome are displaying other fonts for some sites. How do I solve this issue? Also while submitting this question it is not allowing me to insert pictures. It say files failed to...
  7. Some websites are not being displayed in English fonts

Some websites are not being displayed in English fonts: I am facing a problem where some specific sites are not displaying in English fonts. Both Edge and Chrome are displaying other fonts for some sites. How do I solve this issue? Also while submitting this question it is not allowing me to insert pictures. It say files failed to...
  8. Some text not displayed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some text not displayed: Hello, I have some very disturbing issue recently. Some text is not displayed on the screen. This seems to happen randomly, in many applications, dialog windows, context menus etc. Please help....
  9. Text fonts are not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text fonts are not displaying properly: So I recently upgraded my computer to a windows 10 pro version and now the fonts on all my screens are not crisp or sharp and in fact are actually rather difficult to read. I've looked at every setting I can and nothing improves this issue please tell me there is a fix for...
  10. Some apps have this font instead of their default UI font, i'm facing this in IDMan and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps have this font instead of their default UI font, i'm facing this in IDMan and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bottomtextboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ho75ht/some_apps_have_this_font_instead_of_their_default/