Windows 10: some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position.

Discus and support some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Ten Forums! The latest rubbing point with my recent Win10 transition that I'd love to hopefully get resolved. Some apps, including Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zoloft, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Zoloft Win User

some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position.

Hello Ten Forums!

The latest rubbing point with my recent Win10 transition that I'd love to hopefully get resolved.

Some apps, including Windows Explorer Folder view, do not remember their last window position, when closed and re-opened, though, some do!

What I mean is, for example the program Search Everything from voidtools I WANT it to open with the top left edge of the program flush with the top left of my screen. I move it there, yet, every time I close, then eventually re-open the program, it's lower and a bit off to the right.

Similarly, when I open a fresh "This PC" folder window, when none is already open, it's a little higher and to the left than where I want it to open, despite me moving it to it's preferred location when I do open it.

But, not every program has this issue, many, if not most others, open from the location they were last closed.

Any ideas what might be the issue, and, if so, how I can fix this minor but noteworthy annoyance?

As always, thanks for your time, and for helping the n00bs like myself!

R
    Win 10 Home x64 1909 18363 449

:)

Zoloft, Jun 13, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  4. some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position.

Explorer and Recycle Bin windows don't remember position

Thanks, but alas ,your suggestion is not working, after opening, draging to desired position, closing and reopening ,the explorer and recycle bin windows still slide to different positions ,the explorer window for example after each close\reopen slide towards
    the right buttom corner of the screen ,after reaching right buttom corner and no where else to go ,it now opens up on the right upper corner of the screen ,after that it opens on the left upper corner ! Looks like a yo-yo dancing all over the screen some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position. :)

olajideoyewole, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position.

1. some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position. - Similar Threads - apps including explorer

2. Internet works, but not for apps or some websites, including this one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet works, but not for apps or some websites, including this one.: I can use some websites like YouTube and Gmail, but other websites fail to load, apps like Steam and OneDrive fail to connect as well, I've tried everything the troubleshooter on this website suggested and only 2 things have worked so far, factory reset and a list of commands...
  3. Internet works, but not for apps or some websites, including this one.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet works, but not for apps or some websites, including this one.: I can use some websites like YouTube and Gmail, but other websites fail to load, apps like Steam and OneDrive fail to connect as well, I've tried everything the troubleshooter on this website suggested and only 2 things have worked so far, factory reset and a list of commands...
  4. why are some app icons not loading ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are some app icons not loading ?: my windows 11 doesn't show some icons on my quick acces bar. for example opera gx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-app-icons-not-loading/770d87f3-1316-4c68-8a99-fa398b24b9de
  5. why are some app icons not loading ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why are some app icons not loading ?: my windows 11 doesn't show some icons on my quick acces bar. for example opera gx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-app-icons-not-loading/770d87f3-1316-4c68-8a99-fa398b24b9de
  6. Some Apps very slow to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some Apps very slow to load: Hi, Due to issues I had upgrading an older to PC to the latest Windows 10 version, I decide to bite the bullet and buy a new new PC. Maybe I bit off more of that bullet than I could chew. I've upgraded to a DELL Optiplex 7090 with a DELL Ultra HD monitor 3840 x 2160 running...
  7. Position of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Position of File Explorer: After reconfiguring my PC with Win 10, twice because of update failures, once completed I've tried to reposition File Explorer on the right side of my screen. I can in fact reposition it, but once I close it and launch it again, it reverts back to the left side of screen,...
  8. Some Win10 apps broken including windows store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Win10 apps broken including windows store: I updated 2 days ago to version 2004. Today I noticed that my image viewer aint working then I found few more that are not working including windows store. I tried every powershell command I can find but it doesn't work. I also tried resetting the app via apps and features...
  9. Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading: Suddenly, few of the apps on my PC have stopped working, which include Mail, Store, Films and TV. I looked on to this community page and tried to restore Microsoft Store through cmd, but it gives me an error: Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  10. After refresh, lost some apps including Store

in Windows 10 Support
    After refresh, lost some apps including Store: Have Insider Preview Build 16299.0 Had to do a refresh. Surprised, but it refreshed and still have the same build. However, Calendar, Camera, Mail, Messaging, Photos, Store not accessible. Have white line through them and do not function. Don't know why these 6 were...