Windows 10: some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position.

Discus and support some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Ten Forums! The latest rubbing point with my recent Win10 transition that I'd love to hopefully get resolved. Some apps, including Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zoloft, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Zoloft Win User

some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position.

Hello Ten Forums!

The latest rubbing point with my recent Win10 transition that I'd love to hopefully get resolved.

Some apps, including Windows Explorer Folder view, do not remember their last window position, when closed and re-opened, though, some do!

What I mean is, for example the program Search Everything from voidtools I WANT it to open with the top left edge of the program flush with the top left of my screen. I move it there, yet, every time I close, then eventually re-open the program, it's lower and a bit off to the right.

Similarly, when I open a fresh "This PC" folder window, when none is already open, it's a little higher and to the left than where I want it to open, despite me moving it to it's preferred location when I do open it.

But, not every program has this issue, many, if not most others, open from the location they were last closed.

Any ideas what might be the issue, and, if so, how I can fix this minor but noteworthy annoyance?

As always, thanks for your time, and for helping the n00bs like myself!

R
    Win 10 Home x64 1909 18363 449

:)

Zoloft, Jun 13, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  4. some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position.

Explorer and Recycle Bin windows don't remember position

Thanks, but alas ,your suggestion is not working, after opening, draging to desired position, closing and reopening ,the explorer and recycle bin windows still slide to different positions ,the explorer window for example after each close\reopen slide towards
    the right buttom corner of the screen ,after reaching right buttom corner and no where else to go ,it now opens up on the right upper corner of the screen ,after that it opens on the left upper corner ! Looks like a yo-yo dancing all over the screen some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position. :)

olajideoyewole, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position.

1. some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position. - Similar Threads - apps including explorer

2. some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.

in Windows 10 Support
    some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.: Hello,as in the title: In one specific folder some thumbnail previews show up,some do not. They have the same extension. -Cleared the icon db. -changed folder options Windows 10. 154872
  3. some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.: Hello,as in the title: In one specific folder some thumbnail previews show up,some do not. They have the same extension. -Cleared the icon db. -changed folder options Windows 10. 154872
  4. some voice apps Work; some do not

in Windows 10 Support
    some voice apps Work; some do not: Google Voice to text just stopped working on pc [cannot press Start] Hangouts doesn’t call; Audacity works fine. 129666
  5. Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading

Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading: Suddenly, few of the apps on my PC have stopped working, which include Mail, Store, Films and TV. I looked on to this community page and tried to restore Microsoft Store through cmd, but it gives me an error: Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  6. Explorer Navigation Bar Position

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer Navigation Bar Position: The vertical orientation of the Navigation Bar is new. Why, oh why, was it moved from orientated horizontally to vertical? Vertical orientation reduces the width of my home screen. I would like to be able to return the bar back to horizontal which might permit the ability...
  7. App size/position

in Windows 10 Customization
    App size/position: Hi, I recently had a problem with my PC where I had to reset it and I took a photo of my desktop so I can re download everything.[ATTACH] As you can see the icons are miss aligned. Does anyone know a fix to this?...
  8. Suddenly some apps won't load anymore

Suddenly some apps won't load anymore: I'm not sure what changed-maybe an update. But the other day I noticed my calculator app would not open and now my photos app won't. I managed to uninstall the photos app but when i tried to reinstall it from the windows store, it won't work. I clicked on install and it just...
  9. After refresh, lost some apps including Store

in Windows 10 Support
    After refresh, lost some apps including Store: Have Insider Preview Build 16299.0 Had to do a refresh. Surprised, but it refreshed and still have the same build. However, Calendar, Camera, Mail, Messaging, Photos, Store not accessible. Have white line through them and do not function. Don't know why these 6 were...
  10. Is It Possible to Reset File Explorer's Window Position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is It Possible to Reset File Explorer's Window Position?: Every time I open File Explorer the window jumps to a new position (possibly a glitch). Is there a way to reset these settings through the registry? 14798