Windows 10: "Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading.

Discus and support "Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to upgrade my HP Notebook Core i3 7th Gen 15-BS662TU Laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1709 version to latest 1803. When I get partially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamWitwicky2018, Sep 6, 2018.

1. "Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading.

I tried to upgrade my HP Notebook Core i3 7th Gen 15-BS662TU Laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1709 version to latest 1803. When I get partially through the upgrade process, I get the error message, "Some apps need to be uninstalled. We need to uninstall “Diversityx VS“these programs for now, but you can reinstall them after the upgrade is done. There is a Refresh button at the bottom of the screen which I hit and nothing happens. If I go in to Control Panel to remove the program myself, that program is not even listed there. I have deleted all the related folders from programs files and deleted all the temp files.

:)

SamWitwicky2018, Sep 6, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused "Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    how to uninstall Apps

Hi,

About your concern, you can uninstall apps by following the steps bellow:

• From your home screen, swipe left to go to apps list.
    • Look for the apps that you want to uninstall.
    • Press and hold the app then tap uninstall.
    Please note that built in apps can't be uninstalled or removed from the phone.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

"Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, *Smile

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

"Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading.

1. "Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading. - Similar Threads - apps need uninstalled

2. I need help uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help uninstalling an app: so I had downloaded an app but then tried to uninstall and I got this messagewindows cannot find c:\program files\mobigame/player/uninstaller.exe ensure you have typed the name correctly than try againa little help would be apreciated thank yousignedJD...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.”

Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.”: Good afternoon, I already other forums how to solve this issue, however, I did downloaded the App RPS and somehow this App wasn`t able to locate or to modify in some way. Am I doing something wrong?...
  4. uninstall an app to upgrade to widows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uninstall an app to upgrade to widows 10: I was instructed to uninstall an app not listed in my installed apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-an-app-to-upgrade-to-widows-10/0b571c73-f585-4d4f-8084-7e459491c98f
  5. I need help uninstalling an app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help uninstalling an app.: About 2 days, whatever I searched in google became yahoo and I don't want yahoo since it's not as efficient as google, I did everything, I removed yahoo from my search engines and I made google my default browser so it should be google but its not. So I started looking...
  6. Need to uninstall the Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to uninstall the Mail app: I hate orphaned software and the Mail app is unmanageable and useless to me. How can I uninstall this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-uninstall-the-mail-app/099590d2-06c8-471c-ab46-a9a1ae828932
  7. Need to uninstall some apps from Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need to uninstall some apps from Office 2019: Hey, I have downloaded Office 2019 RTM iso file and when I open the setup it install all instead of showing selection. My use is only Excel and Word and I want to uninstall rest of all but I cant find any option for that on CCleaner! Regards. 120493
  8. preinstall app how to uninstall if not needed

preinstall app how to uninstall if not needed: can you tell me which ones can be uninstalled without problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/preinstall-app-how-to-uninstall-if-not-needed/ccf57508-80a6-4e53-af45-cd82ef54601f
  9. Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error

in Windows 10 News
    Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error: [ATTACH] When upgrading to Windows 10, the setup looks for both software, and hardware compatibility, and if you receive an error message which says Some apps need to be uninstalled or You need to uninstall a program in order to continue, you [...] This post Some apps need...
  10. Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !: I just wonder why some of my apps are not listed there?! I also tried "apps and features" from settings and still some of my installed software don't show up there either! Even tried with 3rd party uninstaller program (Revo) and still no trace of these installed software!...