Windows 10: Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error

Discus and support Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When upgrading to Windows 10, the setup looks for both software, and hardware compatibility, and if you receive an error message which says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 7, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error

WinClub, Sep 7, 2018
  2. DaMulta Win User

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 7, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error - Similar Threads - apps need uninstalled

2. Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.”: Good afternoon, I already other forums how to solve this issue, however, I did downloaded the App RPS and somehow this App wasn`t able to locate or to modify in some way. Am I doing something wrong?...
  3. Uninstall App for Windows 10 Update

Uninstall App for Windows 10 Update: Whenever I try to update my PC, it tells me what apps I need to uninstall to update. It is telling me to uninstall an app that I don't have. I looked in the start menu, the control panel, and in the settings app, but I can't find it. I googled what the app was, and it told me...
  4. Error uninstalling app

Error uninstalling app: I get the following command. Is here a way to get around this error and uninstall the application?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-uninstalling-app/06fae224-e531-47a5-adeb-0d0bc2d33222
  5. Virtual Box Needs to be uninstalled for windows 10 update

Virtual Box Needs to be uninstalled for windows 10 update: Virtual Box doesn't exist on my system. I cant find it. I didn't even download it. I never knew it even existed till months after windows update actually wanted to update. Plz help...
  6. Windows 10 Error with downloading some apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Error with downloading some apps: Hello, so toady I bought the Windows PC Gamepass, mostly to enjoy Astroneer and Subnautica. After playing Astroneer some, I went to download Subnautica. When I went to download it, where the install button for Gamepass would normally be blue, it was grey. Upon pressing it,...
  7. Windows 10 Error with downloading some apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Error with downloading some apps: Hello, so toady I bought the Windows PC Gamepass, mostly to enjoy Astroneer and Subnautica. After playing Astroneer some, I went to download Subnautica. When I went to download it, where the install button for Gamepass would normally be blue, it was grey. Upon pressing it,...
  8. Need to uninstall the Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to uninstall the Mail app: I hate orphaned software and the Mail app is unmanageable and useless to me. How can I uninstall this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-uninstall-the-mail-app/099590d2-06c8-471c-ab46-a9a1ae828932
  9. Need to uninstall some apps from Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need to uninstall some apps from Office 2019: Hey, I have downloaded Office 2019 RTM iso file and when I open the setup it install all instead of showing selection. My use is only Excel and Word and I want to uninstall rest of all but I cant find any option for that on CCleaner! Regards. 120493
  10. "Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading.

"Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading.: I tried to upgrade my HP Notebook Core i3 7th Gen 15-BS662TU Laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1709 version to latest 1803. When I get partially through the upgrade process, I get the error message, "Some apps need to be uninstalled. We need to uninstall “Diversityx...