Some apps not appearing under "Get notifications from these senders"

Discus and support Some apps not appearing under "Get notifications from these senders" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some apps, such as qBittorrent which frequently give me notifications. But they are totally missing from this section in settings, so I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Jul 30, 2018.

1. bobsagetfullhou Win User

I have some apps, such as qBittorrent which frequently give me notifications. But they are totally missing from this section in settings, so I am unable to tweak their behavior. Is there any way to add them?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Cracknuck Win User

Removing app/sender in notifications & actions window listed under the Get notifications from these senders section

How do I remove "not disable" an sender/app from the notifications & actions window

Listed under "Get notifications from these senders"

I could not find where the app/sender is in the programs and features or the program files or (x84)

The app managed to get stuck between my Skype app and the storage settings

It is junky app that I managed to pick up from a junky website

Cracknuck, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Scottyboy99 Win User
    Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10

Hi, I have isolated apps missing from the 'get notifications from these senders' list. Most apps are listed under here so they can be turned on or off but things like cortana and Facebook are missing. Any ideas or fixes that can be run and downtown break other things? I'm mainly wanting cortana to be available in the list, she works fine in start menu and I do have tidbits switched on but she just not show in the action center

Thanks, Wayne

Scottyboy99, Jul 30, 2018
  4. maxblade Win User

Deleting apps from Get notifications from these sender

I want to delete apps in Get notifications from these sender.
    But I'm stuck at Step #4 could someone guide me what to do next.

1. Backup file: "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpndatabase.db".
    2. Install application: DB Browser for SQLite.
    3. Open file: "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpndatabase.db".
    4. Go to tab: "Execute SQL".
    5. Enter and execute entry: "select * from NotificationHandler".
    6. Find "HandlerID" for application you want to remove from "Get notifications from these senders".
    7. Enter and execute entry: "delete from HandlerSettings where HandlerID = X".
    8. Enter and execute entry: "delete from Notification where HandlerID = X".
    9. Enter and execute entry: "delete from WNSPushChannel where HandlerID = X".
    10. Enter and execute entry: "delete from NotificationHandler where HandlerID = X".
    11. Save file: "wpndatabase.db".
    12. Reboot your system.

maxblade, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Some apps not appearing under "Get notifications from these senders" - Similar Threads - apps appearing under

2. Inside Xbox is Live from gamescom on Tuesday, August 21

in Windows 10 News
    Inside Xbox is Live from gamescom on Tuesday, August 21: gIiZhNyA9lI Inside Xbox kicks off one of the world’s largest video game shows with a live broadcast direct from Cologne, Germany on Tuesday, August 21 at 7:30 a.m. PDT/10:30 a.m. EDT on Mixer, Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Our gamescom content will include the...
  3. Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?: Hi there :) I have a question concerning the Microsoft-Photos App for Windows 10. Is there any way to backup the app's meta-data? In particular, I would like to save my albums, faces and video-projects in case of having to reinstall Windows one day. Thanks in advance ;)...
  4. Camera app isn't saving to C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app isn't saving to C: drive: I'm trying to use the camera app on windows 10 to take photos through a webcam. The app originally worked fine, however, now the app won't save photos (or videos) to the C: drive but will save to other drives (recovery and USB etc.) when I adjust the drive to which photos...
  5. why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted: why does my new HP computer screen jump fro large to small without being prompted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-my-new-computers-screen-jump-from-large/51cd3fb1-f41e-45fa-b057-ba8e0c8c415d
  6. danger in transfering whole user directory from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    danger in transfering whole user directory from old PC to new PC: Are there any problems if I copy and paste the entire user directory from an old WIN 10 system to a new Win 10 system - different hardware...
  7. Laptop says need administator account to remove detatils from font file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop says need administator account to remove detatils from font file.: just bought a new laptop recently, just want to edit one of my old designed fonts, and change the details on the font, ive gone to edit remove info and it says i need to use admin acount (there is only 1 account) , so i am, then it says cant edit , need permission from...
  8. How can I get all the drivers on a newly windows 10 laptop/pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get all the drivers on a newly windows 10 laptop/pc: Hey , I just want to know , how can i get all needed drivers for any new windows 10 machine. I know that windows will try to install them , on all new machines, but it will not install the perfect drivers and it will also not install all the drivers ( I think ). I know that...
  9. Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting the new “cart” option

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting the new “cart” option: Microsoft last year updated the Microsoft Store with the feature to shop Surface hardware and accessories. The Surface hardware category in the Microsoft Store is currently only available for U.S and U.K. Microsoft is always looking to improve the store experience in Windows...
  10. Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading: Most of the websites are full of images and scripts which can be a huge bottleneck for performance. Google is aware of the performance issues and the company is working on a new feature called image lazy-loading to speed up the webpages page loading. The latest Canary build...