Windows 10: Some apps not launching after windows 10 update

Discus and support Some apps not launching after windows 10 update in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have failed to launch some of my apps on start after updating my windows. Nothing happens when I click on them. Some apps are opening but some are... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GraceKyeyune, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Some apps not launching after windows 10 update

I have failed to launch some of my apps on start after updating my windows.

Nothing happens when I click on them. Some apps are opening but some are not including microsoft store and powershell - yes, i tried the troubleshooting before

:)

GraceKyeyune, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

Hi Deep,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with launching apps. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect App settings.

• App is corrupt.
    Before starting the troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps. If not, try these steps:

Method 1:

Let's run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to re-register all Windows Store Apps by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Lim8888 Win User

Some apps not launching after windows 10 update

Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

I tried the steps given and restarted my computer. Now I guess its even worse. There is no response at all after I clicked on all those apps, except for the apps that have just reinstalled which I had uninstalled it long ago. Please reply asap.

Lim8888, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Some apps not launching after windows 10 update

1. Some apps not launching after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - apps launching update

2. Some of my apps wont launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my apps wont launch.: I've been having many problems with my asus vivobook recently, particularly the fact some of my apps wont launch after I try launch them, this includes microsoft store, intel apps and myAsus. I've tried to launch the apps in many different ways but when i click open nothing...
  3. Some of my apps wont launch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my apps wont launch.: I've been having many problems with my asus vivobook recently, particularly the fact some of my apps wont launch after I try launch them, this includes microsoft store, intel apps and myAsus. I've tried to launch the apps in many different ways but when i click open nothing...
  4. Some of my apps and games are not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my apps and games are not launching: So recently i downloaded Spider-man miles morals and everything were working well until that time then my pc asked me to update my graphic driver and i did through GeForce Experience, then i relaunched it and it worked but my other games and some of my apps stopped launching...
  5. Some of my apps and games are not launching

Some of my apps and games are not launching: So recently i downloaded Spider-man miles morals and everything were working well until that time then my pc asked me to update my graphic driver and i did through GeForce Experience, then i relaunched it and it worked but my other games and some of my apps stopped launching...
  6. Windows 10 Apps crash after launching if Windows Updates are Current

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Apps crash after launching if Windows Updates are Current: This is my first post on this forum. My name is Chandra Swami and I am a monk following the ancient Vedic tradition of Bhakti in the Krishna Consciousness Movement. I have been involved with computers for a long time and am active in music creation, video editing, 3-D...
  7. Unable to launch App to 2nd display after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to launch App to 2nd display after Windows 10 update: I have an app that launches on a secondary monitor - actually a HDMI Ghost screen - with the desktop extended. After the latest Windows 10 update it refuses to launch and just hangs. If I launch it on the main screen and then drag it to the Ghost screen it works fine but I...
  8. Some programs wont launch after Windows 1903 and 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some programs wont launch after Windows 1903 and 1909 update: Hello, I recently updated to 1903 and 1909 There are some programs that I haven't tried opening but these 3 are the programs I've been trying to open but no luck. 1. Adobe Acrobat Tried Fix: Modify (Repair Installation) 2. MS Office (Word, PPT, Excel, etc.) Remarks:...
  9. Some apps failing to launch

Some apps failing to launch: This is a repeat of an earlier posting which seems to have a solved tick, when it has not been solved. Any suggestions welcome I had an update to windows a few days ago. Now some of the apps are not launching. The following work as normal: Settings, calculator, paint,...
  10. Windows 10 - release version: Some apps won't launch

Windows 10 - release version: Some apps won't launch: [img] [img] 0 Sign in to vote I had an update to windows a few days ago. Now some of the apps are not launching. The following work as normal: Settings, calculator, paint, hearts deluxe, witcher 3, Machinarium. Those not working include: Asphalt, flow free,...