Windows 10: Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .

Discus and support Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon . in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is coming even though my windows updated till : 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AshmitSoni, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .

Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon . d15a07e8-3b7e-478a-8b2a-43bf8c199d3b?upload=true.jpg

This is coming even though my windows updated till : 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems

:)

AshmitSoni, Mar 22, 2021

2. store and photos app isnt showing proper icons

Hello Aditya,

As you are facing issues with accessing Photos app on your device with icons not displayed properly, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any update for Photos app from Windows Store. If found, try to update the app and check if it helps.

Open Windows Store, search for Photos app, check if you are able to find Update option.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue. We will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Photos shows as icon instead of the photo itself

They are all jpg and png, both are acting the same, and was used to open with defaut program from microsoft, they were still showing the photos instead of icons a few days ago, but when i turn on my laptop yesterday and it start showing icon

martiniu18, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .

1. Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon . - Similar Threads - apps showing proper

2. My photos icon is not showing properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My photos icon is not showing properly.: My photos icon is acting wierd it is only showing the uploaded photo icon but not showing the image itself, only showing blue icon image like a blank photo. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. My photos icon is not showing properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My photos icon is not showing properly.: My photos icon is acting wierd it is only showing the uploaded photo icon but not showing the image itself, only showing blue icon image like a blank photo. Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. My photos icon is not showing properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Photos Icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Icon not showing: Hey guys, what's up!This time, I'm in a great trouble. My MS Photos icon isn't showingNow what to do?Please send the answers ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-icon-not-showing/27d8ea60-9410-455f-85b5-8088cbf5f522
  6. Photos Icon not showing

Photos Icon not showing: Hey guys, what's up!This time, I'm in a great trouble. My MS Photos icon isn't showingNow what to do?Please send the answers ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-icon-not-showing/27d8ea60-9410-455f-85b5-8088cbf5f522
  7. Photos Icon not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon

Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon: I wrote a windows app and wrapped it with msix. I sideloaded the app. The app shows the correct icon in the start menu, pin it to start menu for icon sizes small, medium, wide, and large, or pin it to the taskbar. The icon in the applications title also displays correctly....
  9. photos not showing icons

photos not showing icons: Hi - all my photos show like this pic - and i cant find a way to change the view and see icons - the view menu is greyed out. Any help very gratefully accepted! J [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar: It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps &...