Windows 10: Some apps not shown when searching for them from start menu

Discus and support Some apps not shown when searching for them from start menu in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a new SSD and made a clean install of windows 10 on it , After installing all my apps I noticed the some apps are not appearing as... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Tabark, May 14, 2020.

1. Tabark Win User

Some apps not shown when searching for them from start menu

Hello,

I purchased a new SSD and made a clean install of windows 10 on it , After installing all my apps I noticed the some apps are not appearing as a serch result when searching from them from windows search , While I can open them from start menu itself , It is really annoying , I tried a lot of fixes online with no success.

Note : Some apps are working fine and some are not working

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1909

OS Build 18363.836

Fixed Tried:

All updates installed from windows update.
    cortana.exe end task

re register cortana and start menu experience through powershell

rebuild search indexing

run troubleshooter for searching and indexing

Run SFC scan

windows search service is running

All Drives is allowed to indexing

:)

Tabark, May 14, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 14, 2020
  3. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 14, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Some apps not shown when searching for them from start menu - Similar Threads - apps shown searching

2. How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search: How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-graphics-shown-in-windows-start-menu/f8f2f023-8094-471f-b0b5-692707c66b61
  3. How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search: How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-graphics-shown-in-windows-start-menu/f8f2f023-8094-471f-b0b5-692707c66b61
  4. How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search

in Cortana
  5. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  6. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  7. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Search not starting from start menu

in Cortana
    Search not starting from start menu: Hi,I recently started using my laptop after not using it for a while and the search doesn't seem to be working anymore.Normally to search I hit the windows key and start typing, the search results load in immediately.Now I hit the windows key and start typing, nothing happens...
  9. Start menu doesn't display installed apps/programs when I search for them

in Cortana
    Start menu doesn't display installed apps/programs when I search for them: Is there any way to make the Start Menu's "Search" function default to actually searching my computer, rather than the internet? There are multiple programs I have installed that simply don't appear in the results when I search for them, even though they're installed on my...
  10. Prevent windows from search in files when searching in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent windows from search in files when searching in the Start Menu: Hello. when i search from the start menu, all i want to find is applications (desktop apps, metro apps, shortcus to apps in the all-applications menu) and settings, not files and folders. (i already disabled the web search there). i still want to be able to search files...