Windows 10: Some apps open and close

Discus and support Some apps open and close in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem with my HP Notebook 15 preinstalled Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to windows 10 Home and when I first started it up it booted up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ExampleCentral, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Some apps open and close

Hello I have a problem with my HP Notebook 15 preinstalled Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to windows 10 Home and when I first started it up it booted up like normal and did everything normal. But after like 60 days or so PowerShell started opening by itself and it made most apps and browser like Google, Firefox, and Edge open and close whenever I clicked on them. So It got kind frustrating so I want to know why its doing this.

:)

ExampleCentral, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Some apps open and close :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Some apps open and close

Mail app opens and then closes

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I suggest you to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps issue and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, then follow the below steps.

You may uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail app form the Windows store.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Some apps open and close

1. Some apps open and close - Similar Threads - apps open close

2. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  3. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  4. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Photos some time opened but no back or forward the picture and not close the app....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos some time opened but no back or forward the picture and not close the app....: please give the solution in given mail id, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-some-time-opened-but-no-back-or/2eb32b47-4214-4583-8a1b-b0fbc1194eeb
  6. Microsoft Photos some time opened but no back or forward the picture and not close the app....

Microsoft Photos some time opened but no back or forward the picture and not close the app....: please give the solution in given mail id, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-some-time-opened-but-no-back-or/2eb32b47-4214-4583-8a1b-b0fbc1194eeb
  7. App opened via task scheduler closes/crashes after some time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App opened via task scheduler closes/crashes after some time.: I use an app called PhraseExpress(text expander) that I wanted to start on boot. However it didn't start on boot with administrator privileges which are needed for it to function in Windows Terminal. So after looking online, I created a startup event in Task Scheduler that...
  8. Apps opening, then immediately closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps opening, then immediately closing: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 19041.84. Many Windows Apps , when I try to open them, open a window like they are starting correctly, then immediately close. I have tried resetting the apps, uninstalling, and reinstalling them, Windows App Store troubleshooting, DISM restore...
  9. Some apps opens then closes immediately.

Some apps opens then closes immediately.: I don't know where to report problems with applications from Windows Store but - Facebook, Instagram and Messenger doesn't work after April Update. All of these apps opens then closes immediately. Anybody else have a similar problem? *Confused Windows Apps Troubleshooter...
  10. some apps will not open

some apps will not open: Action Center..Microsoft Edge will not open..Also when I try to sync I get this message 15402