Windows 10: Some Apps Open to White Screen in Windowed Mode

Discus and support Some Apps Open to White Screen in Windowed Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, recently I have been having a problem where some apps will only show a white screen in windowed mode. I noticed this problem specifically in two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MusicByMoMo, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Some Apps Open to White Screen in Windowed Mode

Hello, recently I have been having a problem where some apps will only show a white screen in windowed mode. I noticed this problem specifically in two apps/games. This problem first happened when I was using Minecraft Java Edition. I tried to play in windowed mode, but when I did, the window would only show a white screen. Minecraft would work again when I set it back to fullscreen using F11. This problem also happens with the game engine Godot, except there is no fullscreen option, so I am unable to use the app. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

:)

MusicByMoMo, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Some Apps Open to White Screen in Windowed Mode :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 18, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Some Apps Open to White Screen in Windowed Mode

White Sticky Notes window opens with sticky and cannot be stopped

I did what you suggested. I also tried both repairing and resetting the Sticky Notes app, and nothing changed. I'm still getting the main white window every time I open a new note if one is not already open. If I right click on my start menu shortcut and
    click on open new note, I get the white window and two new notes. If I right click and select notes list, I get a single note along with the white window, which I'm pretty sure now is the notes list.

Hellknight(2), Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Some Apps Open to White Screen in Windowed Mode

1. Some Apps Open to White Screen in Windowed Mode - Similar Threads - Apps Open White

2. White visual glitches in some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White visual glitches in some apps: Some apps that I have, have this annoying visual glitch I suppose that kinda scares me since it bugs the whole display on the app and moves and some of the apps like crystalize and some just slowly morph in a weird random shape and moves around. Please help.I am using a Dell...
  3. White visual glitches in some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White visual glitches in some apps: Some apps that I have, have this annoying visual glitch I suppose that kinda scares me since it bugs the whole display on the app and moves and some of the apps like crystalize and some just slowly morph in a weird random shape and moves around. Please help.I am using a Dell...
  4. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken: Hard to explain really, but I've had this problem for a while. It's occurring on my desktop and a laptop and not sure what to do about it. It cropped up again last week as some notification that appeared at start up. I have no idea what to do. This is what it looks like:...
  5. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken: Hard to explain really, but I've had this problem for a while. It's occurring on my desktop and a laptop and not sure what to do about it. It cropped up again last week as some notification that appeared at start up. I have no idea what to do. This is what it looks like:...
  6. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Screen Flickers when opening some apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickers when opening some apps: I recently got an old LCD monitor that I'm using as a second monitor and I used a VGA to DVI adapter to connect to my PC and when I open some apps WhatsApp, zoom the main monitor screen flickers idk why maybe it's trying to match the refresh rate of the other monitor and I...
  8. Some apps won't open in fullscreen in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps won't open in fullscreen in tablet mode: [ATTACH] I have noticed that some apps are not starting fullscreen in tablet mode, however, the size can't be changed as it thinks its fullscreen. I have noticed Firefox doesn't start fullscreen, but when launched launched normally it will resize itself once you start...
  9. White blank screen when open an app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White blank screen when open an app: I got white blank screen when open some program, but it's still click-able button if i can found the button location. Like if i click the "cancel" button it will close the program like if its normal. this is the example of "white blank screen" when i run docker. It's not...
  10. Solution to Some Apps Open with White Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solution to Some Apps Open with White Screen: Hello Everybody I read in some Posts that People have Problems with some Apps Starting with White Screen I found a Solution and wanted to Post it to some of the Threads but they where all Locked So Here is my Solution I did an Uninstall of the Graphic Adapter...