Windows 10: Some apps persistent in Windows 10 taskbar

Discus and support Some apps persistent in Windows 10 taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I attempted to customize which apps are pinned to the Windows 10 taskbar, but removals are not persistent. Specifically, when I received my account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Charles Belov - SFMTA, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Some apps persistent in Windows 10 taskbar

I attempted to customize which apps are pinned to the Windows 10 taskbar, but removals are not persistent.

Specifically, when I received my account, the taskbar had Outlook, Word, Excel, IE, and Snip & Sketch pinned.

I unpinned all of these except Outlook, then pinned Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

When I reboot, the pinned apps I added are still there (good) but the pinned apps I removed get restored (bad).

I am a standard user on a machine that has an admin. How do I banish the apps that I unpinned from the taskbar so that they don't get restored on reboot?

:)

Charles Belov - SFMTA, Jun 25, 2019

2. Taskbar dissappeared on Windows 10.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you referring to the Taskbar?

• Did you make any changes to the settings?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to the corruptions in Windows components. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Also check if the Taskbar is in Auto hide mode:

• Right click at the bottom of the screen.

• Click on properties and under Taskbar tab

• Place a check mark on Hide Taskbar.
    If the issue persists, restart Windows explorer and check the status.

1. Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

2. Select Task Manager.

3. Under process tab, locate Windows Explorer.

4. Right Click Windows Explorer and select
    End Task.

5. Now select on File tab and click
    Run Task.

6. Type explorer.exe and press ok.

7. Check if the issue persists.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to create a new account and check if the issue persists in new account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please do let us know if the task bar reappear after following the above steps. If the issue still persists, we will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Some apps persistent in Windows 10 taskbar

PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Some apps persistent in Windows 10 taskbar

1. Some apps persistent in Windows 10 taskbar - Similar Threads - apps persistent taskbar

2. Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar: I have a couple of apps on my computer that are acting weird. Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Both of them get the little red badge with the number of unread messages, but neither flash/glow yellow or cause the taskbar to unhide, which makes it very easy to miss messages. I...
  3. Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar: I have a couple of apps on my computer that are acting weird. Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Both of them get the little red badge with the number of unread messages, but neither flash/glow yellow or cause the taskbar to unhide, which makes it very easy to miss messages. I...
  4. Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Persistent problem of unlocking Windows with some peculiarities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent problem of unlocking Windows with some peculiarities: Hi there, I have already reported the problem some time ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/occasional-problems-of-unlocking-windows-after/f824c257-c05a-4a50-8c6a-35f77ad4e230Initially I thought the problem was related to a Windows update....
  6. Persistent problem of unlocking Windows with some peculiarities

Persistent problem of unlocking Windows with some peculiarities: Hi there, I have already reported the problem some time ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/occasional-problems-of-unlocking-windows-after/f824c257-c05a-4a50-8c6a-35f77ad4e230Initially I thought the problem was related to a Windows update....
  7. Persistent problem of unlocking Windows with some peculiarities

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Some apps overlapping taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Some apps overlapping taskbar: I am running WIn10 home. I am not sure if this question belongs in this forum or the VB6 forum. When I am in the VB6 IDE thee form is displaying just fine. I can move it near the top of the scree. I can move it near the bottom and, as expected, if I move it too low the...
  9. Taskbar failure and some apps failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar failure and some apps failure: I bought an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop in january 2019. Before now it has worked 99% fine. (I say 99% as the only issue experienced before was a Task Host Window, Task Host is preventing the laptop from shutting down. Where i have to click ‘shut down anyway’) The...
  10. Some apps wont pin to taskbar windows 10 build 10240

Some apps wont pin to taskbar windows 10 build 10240: [img] Hi I have pinned a picture to help explain my issue. Every time I try to pin skype, battle.net, itunes a new icon is pinned to the taskbar but not the jump list version. when I click on the icon on the task bar it opens another icon/program which does show the jump...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 persistent icon task bar

2. APP VOLUME