Windows 10: some apps prevent screen from locking

Discus and support some apps prevent screen from locking in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/star-dash-438, Jan 26, 2021.

1. some apps prevent screen from locking

I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening?

submitted by /u/star-dash-438
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/star-dash-438, Jan 26, 2021
  2. shobhitk Win User

None of the Apps showing up on Lock Screen!

Nope that did not help. I guess the steps mentioned there are primarily for the issue of the Lockscreen Apps not being shown as an option in the Settings>Personalization>Lock screen settings page.

My issue is that even though i select those apps from the settings menu but they dont show any status on the Lockscreen.

shobhitk, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Lock screen picture won't change

Hi Sher,

Something seems to be preventing you from customizing the lock screen. This may be due to recent changes on the system or some corrupted components. To guide you better in resolving the problem, please answer these questions:

• Did you install any programs or updates before you encountered this problem?
    • Are you able to change other Personalization items in
      Settings
      aside from Lock screen?
    • What suggestions have you looked into?

We recommend running the System File Checker tool to find missing or corrupted files on your computer. This tool will scan and fix system issues that may be leading to the difficulty you are facing when customizing your lock screen. Click

this link
    to learn about how you can use the suggested tool.

You can also use the Photos app to set a different lock screen image. Follow these steps:

• Using File Explorer, locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen.
    • Double-click on the image file to open it using the Photos app.
    • In case a different app is set to open your images by default, right-click on the image instead, choose
      Open with then select Photos.
    • Once you have the image open using the Photos app, click on the See more button (
      some apps prevent screen from locking aea2e55d-a9cb-482c-9aad-488e63be56a1.png
      ).
    • Choose Set as.
    • Select Set as lock screen.

Let us know if the suggestions allow you to change your lock screen image on the computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jan 26, 2021
  4. some apps prevent screen from locking

Windows10users, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

some apps prevent screen from locking

1. some apps prevent screen from locking - Similar Threads - apps prevent screen

2. How to prevent in photos app the option to "set as" a lock screen photo?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent in photos app the option to "set as" a lock screen photo?: In the group policy there is an option to prevent lock screen from changing however it does not work when someone on our network decides to change it through the photos application....
  3. How to prevent in photos app the option to "set as" a lock screen photo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent in photos app the option to "set as" a lock screen photo?: In the group policy there is an option to prevent lock screen from changing however it does not work when someone on our network decides to change it through the photos application....
  4. some apps prevent screen from locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  5. Some apps prevent screen from locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  6. UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating.: After the upgrade to 1903 Classic shell is being blocked "This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app." Now just most recently my games in origin will not update stating I must approve when the UAC pop up appears. I...
  7. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...
  8. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...
  9. Unable to prevent screen from locking

Unable to prevent screen from locking: I have tried different things on this Windows 10 but cannot do away with this feature that locks my screen every time I walk away from it (after how long I am unsure but only a matter of minutes). It is annoying to have to keep logging in. I am placing this in the...
  10. How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen: I've been able to bypass login on startup but I still need to log in from the Lock Screen. Any way to prevent this? James 18622

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 app to prevent screen lock