Windows 10: Some apps randomly started crashing on launch just now (DCOM errors)

Discus and support Some apps randomly started crashing on launch just now (DCOM errors) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Closed down Gears 5 to make some food, now it won't launch. This is happening to a handful of apps and I have no idea why. Event viewer is showing DCOM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fugalism, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Some apps randomly started crashing on launch just now (DCOM errors)

Closed down Gears 5 to make some food, now it won't launch. This is happening to a handful of apps and I have no idea why. Event viewer is showing DCOM errors. This happened a while ago too and only a reinstall fixed it, which I really don't want to do again.

Error is as follows:

The application specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user PC[USER SID] from address LocalHost (via LRPC) running in the application container SID unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative

I have a feeling something randomly got fucked, but I have no idea what. I already removed the WindowsApps folder on the drive that seems to have issues, but that didn't do anything. Moving the affected apps does nothing either, nor does reinstalling. DISM is no help, neither is sfc /scannow or wsreset.

Am I really screwed again? I hate how often Windows 10 is doing this kind of nonsense.

submitted by /u/Fugalism
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fugalism, Jan 9, 2020

2. Windows store DCOM issue causing games to not start and instantly crash.

I keep getting DCOM server issues when trying to start windows 10 store games. Temporary fix I found is to download a random app and then launch the game but after awhile the game will crash and then when I try to restart it it will instantly crash until
    I re-download another app. I checked the event viewer and it is related to the dcom server.

Joeggernaut, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire app crashing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Solitaire Collection and it crashes when you launch it, we will look into this for you. However, please reply with the following details to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• What happens when you launch Microsoft Solitaire Collection?
    • Do you read any error message when you launch the game? If yes, what is the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Some apps randomly started crashing on launch just now (DCOM errors)

Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Some apps randomly started crashing on launch just now (DCOM errors)

1. Some apps randomly started crashing on launch just now (DCOM errors) - Similar Threads - apps randomly started

2. Some apps crash on start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps crash on start: The issue came up yesterday. Some apps on my computer won’t start and I don’t understand why this is happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-apps-crash-on-start/3029d2b8-8d96-4d37-8f63-17802031df65
  3. Windows Weather App automatically crash [DCOM Error 10001]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Weather App automatically crash [DCOM Error 10001]: Good evening! I am trying to fix the issue after using Blackbird privacy tool; however a blackbird restore point and in-place upgrade doesn't fix it. Error is Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.BingWeather_4.36.20714.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App as...
  4. DCOM error when starting standard apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DCOM error when starting standard apps: After updating my laptop (Asus Transformer), I couldn't open the preinstalled standard apps (Mail, Store, Paint3D, ...), they pop up and after that they close immediatly. The error shown in the event monitor says: "The server 'Microsoft.WindowsStore12001.1001.1.0x64<some...
  5. DCOM Error when launching Windows Games.

DCOM Error when launching Windows Games.: I'm trying to launch my XBOX crossplay enabled game Ark: Survival Evolved. I went to my eventlog and got the DCOM error. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  6. Skype no longer starts with DCOM error

Skype no longer starts with DCOM error: Whenever I try to start the Skype Windows 10 app the app closes immediately and drops the following into the System event long: The server Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.40.70.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c!App.AppX83nfr1wxf8k71mee5c2w5x6mbn0f3kng.mca did not register with DCOM within the...
  7. DCOM 10016 Crashing Computer to Shutdown Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM 10016 Crashing Computer to Shutdown Randomly: I have followed the steps on: <https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/persistent-pc-freeze-and-crash-with-dcom-10016/2ce32a8f-d94e-45ce-88a5-a139f85ca75e> however getting access denied for changing administrator permission to full...
  8. Launching Steam now gives DCOM error 10016.

in Windows 10 Support
    Launching Steam now gives DCOM error 10016.: So I have noticed that launching Steam now gives the error too now just like Google Chrome. I look in the past and the letters in the DCOM error are a little different than chrome but it still happens the same. Sigh Windows 10.... *Doh 111585
  9. Some Windows 10 apps not working with DCOM error

Some Windows 10 apps not working with DCOM error: Hello, I have been having this problem for a while now. There are some apps not working on a W10 Pro install, specifically: Microsoft Finance app Microsoft Weather app Facebook Messenger app I get these errors in event viewer: Finance app: Error 10010:...
  10. DCom Launch permission error 10016 **FIX**

in Windows 10 Support
    DCom Launch permission error 10016 **FIX**: **Update** Links to a possible fix. http://tinyurl.com/yalc7gdg https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/73988-cortana-dcom-error-event-10016-a.html This Immersive Shell error pops up in duplicate, and usually cites application container...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dcom server game not start