Windows 10: Some Apps still have old icons?

Discus and support Some Apps still have old icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it. For example, my windows 10 still uses the old Settings and Defender icons. Havent the new icons rolled out long time ago? I kinda... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NZ9_001, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Some Apps still have old icons?

Title says it.

For example, my windows 10 still uses the old Settings and Defender icons.

Havent the new icons rolled out long time ago? I kinda expected to have them after the 20H2 upgrade but alas, nothing.

Is it a bug or are they really not all rolled out yet?

Thanks!!

submitted by /u/NZ9_001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NZ9_001, Dec 7, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Download old icons for Windows apps

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to download the old Windows icons on your computer.

I would like to inform you that with the new update of Mail and Calendar app the new icons are introduced. Since the apps are UWP apps, the option to change the icons is unavailable at the moment.

However, your suggestions and feedback are always appreciated. We do have a place, where you can share them. I would suggest you to share any of your suggestions and feedback in the
    Feedback Hub, where our developers can listen
    to your voice and constantly improve the features.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Some Apps still have old icons?

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Some Apps still have old icons?

1. Some Apps still have old icons? - Similar Threads - Apps still old

2. why some of apps have missing icons?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why some of apps have missing icons?: for whatever reason, some of my apps icons are not showing, here is the image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-some-of-apps-have-missing-icons/8a8ec24b-4282-46dd-8f33-4906029ff231
  3. some icons from the Start menu have dissapeared and dinamic icons dont work and some apps...

in Windows 10 Customization
    some icons from the Start menu have dissapeared and dinamic icons dont work and some apps...: [ATTACH]ms-resource:AppName is calculator[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-icons-from-the-start-menu-have-dissapeared/199b70c5-086c-480a-a1ad-f2df2fdaa381
  4. Applications still have old icons after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications still have old icons after updating to 20H2: [ATTACH] Updated only for the new looks, how do I get the new icons? https://preview.redd.it/t0wz9hedss461.png?width=966&format=png&auto=webp&s=3870a8d455c45953660ea8b0829691a2e656de18 submitted by /u/CrJ440 [link] [comments]...
  5. Some Icon App Mising

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Icon App Mising: some my app icon are missing, why? my windows version 2004 (OS build 19041.610) 167502
  6. I still have some options in Control Panel in my old language.

I still have some options in Control Panel in my old language.: Today I changed my language from cs-CZ Czech to en-US English but some options in my Control Panel are still in my old one. I changed everything in my region, display language, set as default, and restarted but still nothing. [ATTACH] Cant even uninstall my old one....
  7. App searches still show old icons

App searches still show old icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VincentJoshuaET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftewvf/app_searches_still_show_old_icons/
  8. Some apps does not have icons in search, instead they have an X icon

Some apps does not have icons in search, instead they have an X icon: Looks like this And this submitted by /u/brown_nigga [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjmses/some_apps_does_not_have_icons_in_search_instead/
  9. Invisible, old Hulu icon still on Taskbar

Invisible, old Hulu icon still on Taskbar: Hello. So, I noticed a couple of days ago that Hulu was updated and has a new, updated icon which I had to re-pin to my taskbar. However, the old taskbar icon for it remains - invisible and stuck with only the option to "pin to taskbar" that cannot be removed. Is there...
  10. Still some "Sillies" in apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still some "Sillies" in apps: tp 10122 Weather App search - enter "Merrow" select "Merrow UK" screen shows info for Murrow a village some 150 miles away.*Confused Post code gets you to the correct destination. I trust they will get ironed out over time. Anybody else spotting silly bugs but...