Windows 10: Some Apps very slow to load

Discus and support Some Apps very slow to load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Due to issues I had upgrading an older to PC to the latest Windows 10 version, I decide to bite the bullet and buy a new new PC. Maybe I bit off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wurlitzer1015, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Some Apps very slow to load

Hi,

Due to issues I had upgrading an older to PC to the latest Windows 10 version, I decide to bite the bullet and buy a new new PC. Maybe I bit off more of that bullet than I could chew.

I've upgraded to a DELL Optiplex 7090 with a DELL Ultra HD monitor 3840 x 2160 running Windows 10 20H2. Initially everything seems OK but noticed that some apps in fact a lot of them I installed were appearing with blurred text. Most of these like Office apps can be fixed by using the app properties/compatibility tab and adjusting the DPI scaling so no optimisations occur, or if that isn't available, using the Application Tools while the exe file is highlighted. A nuisance as each app needs this done individually, but doable.

However another problem I've found using this high resolution monitor is some apps can take up to 5 minutes to open! Apps like all Office ones Outlook etc, Adobe Lightroom and most others work just fine, opening immediately and working just as well on the new PC as they did on the old one. Some apps like PLEX and iTunes however take around 5 minutes to open. When I launch these apps they appear in Task manager immediately but don't display anything on screen for around the 5 minutes, they then work OK.

It's difficult to try and understand where the fault lies. As this only happens on the new PC, with the 3840 x 2160 display, I'm not sure if the problem is with...

• Is it the app itself, that is they are having difficultly with displaying on the high res screen.
    • The video driver that came with the PC Video is Intel Iris Xe Graphics adapter
    • A Windows 10 issue

I noticed that the video driver Digital Signature is "Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher" Driver date 28/10/2020, version 27.20.100.8395. As this suggests some compatibility stuff is going on with this driver I thought I'd ask this question here first.

Does anyone have any thoughts about why some apps are taking so long to load?

Thanks

:)

Wurlitzer1015, Mar 3, 2021
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    MS-email app slow to load ?

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Is the computer performance is slow?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works out for you.

Method 1: Turn off automatic loading of images in windows 10 Mail

1. Launch Mail app, select Settings.
    2. Select all the Account one by one
    3. Click on Change mailbox Sync Settings
    4. Uncheck the option “Always download full message and Internet images"
    5. Select Done option
    6. Restart the Mail app, once you complete the above steps.

I recommend you to follow this article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    , to get a deeper understanding of this issue

If you are facing issue with slow performance in Windows, I recommend you to perform

Disk Cleanup in Windows 10
    , it will remove unnecessary
    obsolete system files, temporary files, corrupted files etc.

Disclaimer: Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector, if any data available on that might be lost.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No

Mithin_EJ, Mar 3, 2021
  4. sanjayams Win User

Some Apps very slow to load

Apps loading slow

I have Microsoft Lumi 640XL Lte phone. its have windows 10. but phone and os is good. but Apps loading Slow, Apps Auto close when loading. Very Bad . Please UPDATE YOU MOBILE OS AND FIX THIS TROUBLE.

sanjayams, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Some Apps very slow to load

1. Some Apps very slow to load - Similar Threads - Apps very slow

2. edge load utube very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge load utube very slow: Utube has been very slow to load and view video in last couple of days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-load-utube-very-slow/0a716e40-8289-4f5d-aaf7-db0d0e330612
  3. edge load utube very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge load utube very slow: Utube has been very slow to load and view video in last couple of days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-load-utube-very-slow/0a716e40-8289-4f5d-aaf7-db0d0e330612
  4. Windows loads very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows loads very slow: Hi My windows recently works very slowly , hard disk usage is at 100% response time 2000 Every command takes a lot of time like 2 or 3 minutes . I uninstalled latest update , check hard disk it was fine, nothing works . Please help me....
  5. Very slow to load apps or work in app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow to load apps or work in app: HP Pavillion g6, win 10 home updated . PC was slowing down for sometime. But now it takes 3 mtsto boot. Takes 4-5 mts to load an app. Opening a file in app and clicking on any command take a few minutes to respond. If I open a second app the story is same. Switching between...
  6. Windows Folders loading very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Folders loading very slow: Hi, My PC is very slow when loading folders. This is particularly noticeable with picture folders. I mean it can take 5 minutes and the green status slider is still going to load the pictures. I have sent hours and hours online trying to find an answer. I've tried...
  7. Loads very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loads very Slow: I have an Asus Laptop X540 B. Just over 1 year old. Yesterday it started functioning erratically. It takes more than hour to load. Once desktop loads , i noticed the system has reset itself. But when i try to open any file/folder/drive it just hangs and stays like that for...
  8. Laptop very slow to load up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop very slow to load up: I have a Sony Vaio l/top about 1 year old, my problem is its taking about 5 mins to boot up then the task bar on the bottom takes another min before i can use it ,i have removed nearly all my apps and i have a screen shot of start up programs which is not many,also i have...
  9. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  10. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...