Windows 10: some apps will not open

Discus and support some apps will not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Action Center..Microsoft Edge will not open..Also when I try to sync I get this message 15402 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jimaz, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Jimaz Win User

some apps will not open

Action Center..Microsoft Edge will not open..Also when I try to sync I get this message

:)

Jimaz, Aug 10, 2015

2. Some programs will not open

One of the things that was happening was Malwarebytes kept asking me to turn on real time protection. Since I have another program doing that task I always declined. The issues started right around the time I was getting those pop ups so on the off chance
    that was causing things I uninstalled the program. It's been 2 days since I did that and every thing is running smooth with no issues. This surprises me since so many people sing the praises of that program. I guess I will find out in the next few days if
    that solved the issue but as of now it sure looks like it.

ThomasEarly, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Some programs will not open

Hi Have you considered a in-place-repair. It's always a good idea to create a back up image before trying any of these procedures! Here's how by Shawn Brink!

Here's the thing that really bothers me. A restart fixes your problem for awhile. Sounds like you have tried a lot of things. Have you tried a clean boot?

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Here's how to trouble shoot using a clean boot. Lots of work, but might turn up some thing?

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

garybear89, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

some apps will not open

1. some apps will not open - Similar Threads - apps open

2. Harmon Kardon Invoke Can't Open Any Apps

in Cortana
    Harmon Kardon Invoke Can't Open Any Apps: Hello, My HK Invoke recently can't open any apps. When asked top "open" something like a podcast or background sound like ocean or rain, it replies "I can't open any apps right now." It's connected to our WiFi fine and will do reminders and even play music from iHeart...
  3. How can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes !: How can I fix the settings app from crashing ? It opens for a second or two then closes ! Extreamly irritating ! Has anybody else had this problem ? Any solutions to solving this is much appreciated Thanks Paul...
  4. What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings?: For example, ms-settings:sound, opens "Sound". ms-settings:display opens "Display". There are many such URI commands. I want to create a shortcut which will open the "App volume and device preferences" page. Every forum I've looked at so far listsms-settings:apps-volume as...
  5. Registry users don't give me permission to open any app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry users don't give me permission to open any app: I edited registry HKEY_CURRENT _CONFIG permission but then it deleted all users automatically except the one i created recently. Now i can't access anything i tried to restart computer and reset it from advanced optionshift + restart but after 50 - 60 % it comes back to...
  6. how to always open apps maximized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to always open apps maximized: how to always open apps, scripts and programs maximized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-always-open-apps-maximized/4984d33b-a11c-4bd5-bcb5-0cc3752d6752"
  7. When will the "Open Map" option of the Photos app on the PC be fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will the "Open Map" option of the Photos app on the PC be fixed?: It has been broken a long time already. It is very annoying to have this functionality not functioning? Either take the hyperlink off the form, or fix it please. preferably the former...
  8. Can't open certain apps on my Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open certain apps on my Laptop: Hello, I recently started having this problem where I can't open certain apps on my Laptop. I don't know what is causing it but I've noticed it on 1. Task Manager 2. regedit I've read somewhere that someone had a similar problem where they couldn't open anything as...
  9. Apps not opening in Windows 10 Store, Calculator, Photos, Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not opening in Windows 10 Store, Calculator, Photos, Feedback Hub: Whenever I try to open apps they just don't open - no message, just nothing. I can't use the Feedback Hub because it is similarly affected. I've tried the Troubleshooter and it does not find any problems. I've also tried clearing the cache, creating another profile same...
  10. Cannot open ANY Microsoft Store apps... "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open ANY Microsoft Store apps... "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or...: Whenever I download and try to run ANY Microsoft Store app, I get this error message: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. I have been able to ignore it, but avoiding Microsoft Store...