Windows 10: some apps will not open

Discus and support some apps will not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Action Center..Microsoft Edge will not open..Also when I try to sync I get this message 15402 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jimaz, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Jimaz Win User

some apps will not open

Action Center..Microsoft Edge will not open..Also when I try to sync I get this message

:)

Jimaz, Aug 10, 2015

2. Some programs will not open

One of the things that was happening was Malwarebytes kept asking me to turn on real time protection. Since I have another program doing that task I always declined. The issues started right around the time I was getting those pop ups so on the off chance
    that was causing things I uninstalled the program. It's been 2 days since I did that and every thing is running smooth with no issues. This surprises me since so many people sing the praises of that program. I guess I will find out in the next few days if
    that solved the issue but as of now it sure looks like it.

ThomasEarly, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Some programs will not open

Hi Have you considered a in-place-repair. It's always a good idea to create a back up image before trying any of these procedures! Here's how by Shawn Brink!

Here's the thing that really bothers me. A restart fixes your problem for awhile. Sounds like you have tried a lot of things. Have you tried a clean boot?

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Here's how to trouble shoot using a clean boot. Lots of work, but might turn up some thing?

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

garybear89, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

some apps will not open

1. some apps will not open - Similar Threads - apps open

2. Unable to use windows beyond opening apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use windows beyond opening apps: See YouTube video below.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux_3GbLw9PYThis just started happening to my wife's computer out of nowhere. No idea why, nothing has changed with her PC prior to this happening. I reinstalled Windows and it is still happening....
  3. Unable to use windows beyond opening apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use windows beyond opening apps: See YouTube video below.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux_3GbLw9PYThis just started happening to my wife's computer out of nowhere. No idea why, nothing has changed with her PC prior to this happening. I reinstalled Windows and it is still happening....
  4. Unable to use windows beyond opening apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!: I tried to open some of my pictures in My pictures and NONE of them will open! It asks which app I should use. **** is this??!!! I don't use apps!...
  6. Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!

Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!: I tried to open some of my pictures in My pictures and NONE of them will open! It asks which app I should use. **** is this??!!! I don't use apps!...
  7. I open an app and it goes left stuck on the screen to the left and I cannot bring it to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I open an app and it goes left stuck on the screen to the left and I cannot bring it to...: I open an app and it goes left stuck on the screen to the left and I cannot bring it to drag it to the middleApp opera gx browserurgent urgent help!...
  8. I open an app and it goes left stuck on the screen to the left and I cannot bring it to...

I open an app and it goes left stuck on the screen to the left and I cannot bring it to...: I open an app and it goes left stuck on the screen to the left and I cannot bring it to drag it to the middleApp opera gx browserurgent urgent help!...
  9. Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them: Hello!So I just got this issue out of nowhere that almost every program, app and game I try to open closes immediately. This even affects programs like Edge Chromium, Sound, Notepad, Troubleshooter, Event Viewer and so on so I can't check what might cause the issue because I...
  10. Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them: Hello!So I just got this issue out of nowhere that almost every program, app and game I try to open closes immediately. This even affects programs like Edge Chromium, Sound, Notepad, Troubleshooter, Event Viewer and so on so I can't check what might cause the issue because I...