Windows 10: Some Apps Won't Open After Gaming

Discus and support Some Apps Won't Open After Gaming in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Everything will open as it should without any issue. After I've spent a good hour gaming I'll go back to the desktop and some apps won't open and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gettheclicker, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Some Apps Won't Open After Gaming

Everything will open as it should without any issue. After I've spent a good hour gaming I'll go back to the desktop and some apps won't open and windows seems a bit sluggish. Only way to resolve this issue is to reboot.

:)

gettheclicker, Jan 12, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Some Apps Won't Open After Gaming

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Some Apps Won't Open After Gaming :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Some Apps Won't Open After Gaming

1. Some Apps Won't Open After Gaming - Similar Threads - Apps Won't Open

2. Some Apps on Microsoft store won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Some Apps on Microsoft store won't open: I just recently got a pc and I wanted to download and play microsoft minesweeper. I just downloaded it and tried to open it and a transparent window flashed on my screen for a split second and then disappeared. I tried opening it again and still flashes a transparent window...
  3. Xbox Game App games won't open

Xbox Game App games won't open: so i was gonna play some MSFS but for some reason it wont launch on the xbox app and i tried to open it through the search bar and everytime it opens it leads me to the microsoft store and makes me install gaming services but i have installed it and i already uninstalled it...
  4. Certain apps won't open after install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain apps won't open after install: When I press launch on certain apps I get an application error event-ID 1000. I've experienced this problem on three different applications now. For each of the applications I haven't been able to launch them at all after installing them. I've tried to reinstall them, but...
  5. Some apps won't open in fullscreen in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps won't open in fullscreen in tablet mode: [ATTACH] I have noticed that some apps are not starting fullscreen in tablet mode, however, the size can't be changed as it thinks its fullscreen. I have noticed Firefox doesn't start fullscreen, but when launched launched normally it will resize itself once you start...
  6. Some programs won't open!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some programs won't open!?: So, I just updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10, aaand, some games/programs open normally, and others just won't show up on my screen, i tried updating drivers/Nvidia drivers/Visual C++, turn windows protection off, but nothing. After I installed Visual C++ 2015/2017/2019, one...
  7. won't run as admin and some apps just don't open!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    won't run as admin and some apps just don't open!: hi there.. so I recently turned on my computer and for no apparent reason it now will not open command prompt running as admin.. it while allow me to run command prompt but not give me administer privileges! some apps I can't even open at all including Spotify and xbox game...
  8. Windows 10 per-app won't switch with some games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 per-app won't switch with some games: I tried to change the audio output for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Scrap mechanic. So I changed the outputs to the ones I want. This works for Rainbow Six Siege and other games. But when i changed the output for ETS2 and Scrap Mechanic it still uses the Default output. I use...
  9. Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open

Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open: Hello, I had another computer with windows 10 and all my games from Microsoft Store all worked. Could it be that I'm using my 50" TV as my monitor, it has a VGA plug on the back of the Tv. My monitor broke so I've been using that as my monitor. I uninstalled MS Store,...
  10. some apps will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some apps will not open: Action Center..Microsoft Edge will not open..Also when I try to sync I get this message 15402