Windows 10: Some capital letters not working after BIOS update

Discus and support Some capital letters not working after BIOS update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated the BIOS because the touchpad freezes (See Touchpad freezes even after resetting Windows) and then the keyboard started failing too after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kmint, Jan 24, 2020.

1. kmint Win User

Some capital letters not working after BIOS update

I updated the BIOS because the touchpad freezes

(See Touchpad freezes even after resetting Windows)

and then the keyboard started failing too after that. It worked fine before BIOS update. So I googled and read that some guy solved it by resetting Windows, but it didn't solve it to me.

Some capital letters fail when I use the left caps key and some when I use the right one. These ones fail.

Left key fails on: ZXCVM
    Right key fails on: QWERUIOP

So they don't fail in the whole line but some letters work (BN) and (TY)

:)

kmint, Jan 24, 2020
  2. hpholm Win User

Bring back capital letters!

Hi Jacob,

I am quite sure the settings maze is going to be completely redesigned in Windows 10. ;-)

There are several feature requests for improving the experience of Windows Phone already on

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...uggestions/category/18991-improved-experience

I was only able to find one suggestion for capitalizing the words in settings, and it is a long way to the top:

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6157634-the-1st-letter-should-start-with-a-capital-let

--

Hans

hpholm, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Capital letter

Some capital letters not working after BIOS update [​IMG]

Some capital letters not working after BIOS update [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Some capital letters not working after BIOS update - Similar Threads - capital letters working

2. Mouse Without Gorders - Capital Letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Gorders - Capital Letters: Whenever I need to enter a password on a secondary PC, Capital Letters are inconsistent.Sometime they don't work at all. The Caps Lock Led on the keyboard doesn't work. I've found that Caps is on by default and I have to hold the Shift key for lower case letters.Anyone else...
  3. Mouse Without Borders- Capital Letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders- Capital Letters: Whenever I need to enter a password on a secondary PC, Capital Letters don't work.I've tried Caps Lock and not, holding the Shift button or Caps Lock while on the primary machine and then moving to the other, and copy/pasting from the primary to secondary. Anyone else...
  4. Bios and keyboard capitalization problems

Bios and keyboard capitalization problems: Hello, I have a problem, which bothers me a lot. I had a sticky keys problem, and I tried cleaning it with Isopropyl, breaking some not so critically, and broke one completely membrane top part lost. The button broken is delete, and every time I restart my laptop, my system...
  5. Bios and keyboard capitalization problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios and keyboard capitalization problems: Hello, I have a problem, which bothers me a lot. I had a sticky keys problem, and I tried cleaning it with Isopropyl, breaking some not so critically, and broke one completely membrane top part lost. The button broken is delete, and every time I restart my laptop, my system...
  6. Why shift does not work on some capital letter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why shift does not work on some capital letter?: The shift key does not work on my laptop on Windows 11 when I tried to input capital letter S. BUT other letters work well if I use shift on capital letters.For letter S, It will pop up a window on POS, RGB if I input shift+s. So I have to use Capslk to input capital letter...
  7. Why shift does not work on some capital letter?

Why shift does not work on some capital letter?: The shift key does not work on my laptop on Windows 11 when I tried to input capital letter S. BUT other letters work well if I use shift on capital letters.For letter S, It will pop up a window on POS, RGB if I input shift+s. So I have to use Capslk to input capital letter...
  8. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter: I have been using my laptop for more than a year now with no issues, but now I am having this issue of the Shift+a not working. I have two keyboards that I have tried this on and have had the same result. I have also taken the steps to the shift key not working issue but have...
  9. Capital letters

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Capital letters: Windows 10 version 1903 64bit. When using Word 2007,for some reason The next line always starts with a capital letter(as in this line)is there a setting to Prevent this happening? 143513
  10. Capital letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Capital letter: When typing an email,each time I start a new line and press the space bar after the first word, the first letter of the new line becomes a capital letter.Is there any way to correct this from happening? 104867