Windows 10: Some Computers does not update policy

Discus and support Some Computers does not update policy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some of our windows 10 computer does not update policy. This is the error. [ATTACH] I checked the permissions and files of Sysvol, all seems fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jefferson Gueco, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Some Computers does not update policy

Some of our windows 10 computer does not update policy.

This is the error.

Some Computers does not update  policy 45d083ee-f4b6-4879-a6c4-918a8e05c23b?upload=true.jpg

I checked the permissions and files of Sysvol, all seems fine. Other computers update properly.

The solution I have so far is rejoined the computer from Domain, then that's the time gpupdate works.

Is there less work solution, it is a pain to rejoined all 70+ computers.

Thanks,

Jefferson

:)

Jefferson Gueco, Feb 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 error: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator"

Hi Rico,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which edition of Windows Operating System are you using?
    • What all the troubleshooting steps have you performed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your Operating System?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your system?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Stop the Group Policy service, restart and set it to Automatic.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service
    is disabled the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

services.msc
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

services.msc
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

services.msc
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 25, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Some Computers does not update policy

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Some Computers does not update  policy :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Some Computers does not update policy

1. Some Computers does not update policy - Similar Threads - Computers does update

2. How to update Group Policy Templates in for Local Computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to update Group Policy Templates in for Local Computer?: I need some clarification about updating Group Policy Templates (*.admx, *.adml) on a local Windows 10 machine please. Information on the web is not very clear. 1. Are the Administrative Templates downloaded from the MS website (for example, the 21H1 templates can be found at...
  3. Some Group Policy settings are preventing Windows Update Service to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some Group Policy settings are preventing Windows Update Service to work: I have a Home PC a desktop. I am not part of any domain or organization. I am the only Administrator for my computer. I connect on our home Ethernet internet and do not have a wireless network card but a modem. Our SSID is hidden so nobody can figure out our Internet name or...
  4. Does group policy REALLY works to disable updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does group policy REALLY works to disable updates?: The day before yesterday i couldn't lower my laptop brightness, i use brigthness control A LOT (keyboard shotcuts). Tried to find the brightness option in the system panel, no luck. Googled it.. still couldnt find it. Next thing i know, i couldnt connect it to my tv, or...
  5. Your organization has set some policies to manage updates

in Windows 10 News
    Your organization has set some policies to manage updates: [ATTACH]If you are wondering why you see Some settings are managed by your organization […] This article Your organization has set some policies to manage updates first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. local computer policy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    local computer policy: i can't open the local computer policy i have runned the gpedit to edit the policy but it is telling that MMC could not create the snap in .[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-computer-policy/4f374512-3536-4666-b54b-8d30d67e47a0
  7. Why does my computer have Windows Update policies set by Group Policy and Mobile Device...

Why does my computer have Windows Update policies set by Group Policy and Mobile Device...: [ATTACH] See the three policies under "Policies set on your device"? I didn't set those myself with Group Policy and this device is not enrolled in any MDM as shown here: [ATTACH] So why are those policies set? How can I get rid of them? Thanks, Jacob...
  8. Why does my computer have Windows Update policies set by Group Policy and Mobile Device...

Why does my computer have Windows Update policies set by Group Policy and Mobile Device...: [ATTACH] See the three policies under "Policies set on your device"? I didn't set those myself with Group Policy and this device is not enrolled in any MDM as seen here: [ATTACH] So why are those policies set? How can I get rid of them? Thanks, Jacob...
  9. Computer policy could not be updated successfully, The processing of Group Policy failed

in Windows 10 News
    Computer policy could not be updated successfully, The processing of Group Policy failed: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If while using the GPUPDATE.exe tool you see error message Computer policy could not be updated successfully, then this post will help you. The GPUPDATE command-line tool helps users update the Group Policy change forcefully. Computer policy could not be...
  10. Group Computer Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Computer Policy: How do I download this so I can change group policy so I can control my windows 10 and use administrator permission on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-computer-policy/89de94c2-4708-47e7-8231-2a538d410310