Windows 10: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

Discus and support Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 8 computers on my local network. Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computercan access files on any other computer when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by selfsimilar, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

I have 8 computers on my local network.

Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computercan access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer

BUT only 2 of the computer list all of the computers on the network in the Explorer network list

Network discovery is turned on for all machines

DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, Function Discovery Provider Host, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host service areall set to Automatic and are running.

What can I do to make the list of all computers on the network appear in the MS Explorer Network list?

:)

selfsimilar, Dec 20, 2020

2. Network computer not shown in Network-list

I have acces to a computer in the network with \\Computer2\ in the file explorer.

This computer however is not shown in the NETWORK-list. Others are shown.

Anton

ZoettlAnton, Dec 20, 2020
  3. johnptd Win User
    Network computer not shown in Network-list

Anton,

If you click on "Network" in the left pane of File Explorer and then enter "\\Computer2" (no quotes) in the address bar replacing "Network", does your computer then show up in the network list?

JohnD

johnptd, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Skofab Win User

Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

Computer not listed on 'network'

Hi Everyone
    I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface

I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.)

The windows 10 32 bit Home is missing off the network list!
    I have gathered from the net that this is nothing unusual - but wonder if MS have come up with a fix yet? - or if someone has come up with a workaround. This is an inconvenience to me, so any suggestions would be welcomed.
    I have tried many of the suggested 'cures' without success so far

best regards

Skofab, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

1. Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list - Similar Threads - computers local network

2. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.: My computer is running Windows 10. Its name was listed under Network of File Explorer. The names of two other computers are displayed and their shared directories and printers are shown. However, my computer name is not shown,The following services are running on my...
  3. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.: My computer is running Windows 10. Its name was listed under Network of File Explorer. The names of two other computers are displayed and their shared directories and printers are shown. However, my computer name is not shown,The following services are running on my...
  4. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer Only 2 of the...
  6. Home network computer visability listing.

Home network computer visability listing.: Why do my laptop and desktop computers not see each other on my network. Discovery is turned on, and the Workgroup is the same and the network is set to a home network on both computers. They are both connected to the network on the same WIFI connection. I've followed...
  7. Strange computers' names are listed on my "network infrastructure" and "other devices" in...

Strange computers' names are listed on my "network infrastructure" and "other devices" in...: Hello all, When open "File Explorer" and select "Network" I find strange computers' names are listed in my "network infrastructure" and "other devices" in "Network". This happened after I was notified by my computer that my network is shared by other computers. I stopped...
  8. no local pc's listed under "Network"...

no local pc's listed under "Network"...: Well, to make a long story short, i finally got the list of PC's on my home network to show up under the Network folder in file manager. I had lost everything except media devices. Had to reset the network a couple times to get everything back again. I only have 2 PC's on the...
  9. ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list: My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers in its network list....
  10. Computer not listed on 'network'

Computer not listed on 'network': Hi Everyone I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.) The...