Windows 10: Some context menu/cleanup

Discus and support Some context menu/cleanup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok so I finally got around to setting up my laptop (win10) and with installing a whole bunch of applications came a whole bunch of messy context menus.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spuz, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Spuz Win User

Some context menu/cleanup

Ok so I finally got around to setting up my laptop (win10) and with installing a whole bunch of applications came a whole bunch of messy context menus. Some were removable by app and I managed to remove most of them through shellexview, shellmenuview, regedit and even Winaero Tweaker with no issue.

There is just the few last things I was unable to work out or find info on online:

1. Removing ''Print'', ''New''

Some context menu/cleanup uyNCf39.png

I managed to do this for most things, but the file types am currently struggling with are

.odg / . odp / .ods / .odt / .rtf

2. Changing ''Open with AIMP'' to simply just ''Open''

Some context menu/cleanup Dw0XtEI.png

3. Get rid of ''Cast to Device'' & ''Give Access too''

Some context menu/cleanup mGWDKnB.png

Please note these ones I have taken out of the system but they show in apps (such as photoshop) when opening/saving files. Everywhere else they have gone.

4. TeraCopy Context menu.

Show 2 items on the context menu one being ''Teracopy...'' and the other ''New Folder with Selection''

I found the reg locations to get rid of them

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

But I actually enjoyed the ''New Folder with Selection'' Feature so I was wondering if there was a way to keep that by itself.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If anyone has any info on any of these please let me know, thanks!

:)

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Some context menu/cleanup :(

ArmoredCavalry, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Some context menu/cleanup ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Some context menu/cleanup ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Some context menu/cleanup :)

Necrofire, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Some context menu/cleanup

How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Some context menu/cleanup

1. Some context menu/cleanup - Similar Threads - context menu cleanup

2. Remove some context menu items for folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove some context menu items for folders: So I download qttabbar, decided I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. But it left these items in the folder context menu. Is there a program I can install or a .bat file or something? These menu items are a eyesore, and they don't do anything....
  3. Remove some context menu items for folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove some context menu items for folders: So I download qttabbar, decided I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. But it left these items in the folder context menu. Is there a program I can install or a .bat file or something? These menu items are a eyesore, and they don't do anything....
  4. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  5. Some context menu/cleanup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some context menu/cleanup: Ok so I finally got around to setting up my laptop (win10) and with installing a whole bunch of applications came a whole bunch of messy context menus. Some were removable by app and I managed to remove most of them through shellexview, shellmenuview, regedit and even Winaero...
  6. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  7. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  8. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  9. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  10. Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Cleanup to Context Menu of Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run faster. It can delete...