Windows 10: (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

Discus and support (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fefo6644, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Fefo6644 Win User

(Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually).

In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the same goes for 'Save All' (also Ctrl+Shift+S). It also happens in Premiere Pro, After Effects and Adobe Audition, and a handful of other software.

I say some combinations don't work because, for example, in Notepad++, 'Close All' (Ctrl+Shift+W) and 'UPPERCASE' (Ctrl+Shift+U) do work.

However, it always works in Safe Mode and in other users' accounts (regardless if in Safe Mode). I read this question, but the answer is not useful to me because I don't have 'Mouse without Borders' installed. I also tried with another keyboard, but it's none of the matter.

It's making me waste a lot of time, as I use those two applications a lot on a daily basis.

Thanks.

:)

Fefo6644, Nov 26, 2018

2. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1.
    However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work.
    For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from selected document text also Ctrl+Shift+ should magnify page, etc but do not work.
    The Ctrl key, Shift key and function keys work normally individually but not in a combination.
    I would welcome any guidance.
    Thanks.

un1corn Guest, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Xeeeee Win User
    Combination of CTRL, SHIFT, ARROW keys not repeating

Machine: Dell Inspiron 5559 (it's new so I know there is nothing wrong with the hardware)

Here is the predicament I am faced with:

When I use a combination of the CTRL, SHIFT and RIGHT (or LEFT) ARROW keys to let's say select text in a Word/Google document, the combination works once but does not repeat itself if I keep holding down the
    keys (it used to on my last laptop which had Windows 7 installed on it).

I have already checked the Ease of Access Center. Sticky, Toggle and Filter keys are all OFF.

I have disabled the Intel HD Graphics hotkeys.

I have researched probably about 20 articles but nothing.

Guys, this is very important for me to fix because I work with text a LOTTTT and have to use this combination very frequently. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PS: CTRL and RIGHT (or LEFT) ARROW keys combination still works and it repeats if I press and hold those keys. But for whatever odd reason, CTRL, SHIFT and RIGHT (or LEFT) ARROW keys combination is not repeating.

Xeeeee, Nov 26, 2018
  4. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

Ctrl+Shift+Arrow key combination doesn't work

I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and noticed that the key combination
    Ctrl+Shift+Arrow
    used to highlight a word doesn't work (in any program: Word, Outlook, Explorer ...)

Any idea?

Thanks

*** Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

HectorCorazzini, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

(Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

1. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working. - Similar Threads - Ctrl+Shift+ key combinations

2. Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use: Hi microsoft team, my laptop keyboard can't use the ctrl + shift combination anymore now, even though the keys on my keyboard all work normally individually. Is this problem with my software or hardware? Right now i'm using Windows 10 Pro Regards...
  3. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working: I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from number pad, its working but with windows key combination the numbers from num pad is not working. I have to use the numbers...
  4. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working: I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from number pad, its working but with windows key combination the numbers from num pad is not working. I have to use the numbers...
  5. Some shift or alt gr + key combinations don't work properly in some applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some shift or alt gr + key combinations don't work properly in some applications: Hi, I found recently that some keys don't behave as they should. I use a Spanish keyboard built in a laptop. Windows language is set to Spanish Spain and the keyboard is set to Spanish keyboard. The easiest way to check it is with the key ñ that works as it should. Now I will...
  6. Most key combinations with alt+shift not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most key combinations with alt+shift not working: I have a really weird problem and now in homeoffice it's getting more annoying. I'm unable to do key combinations with alt+shift. The only thing I found for this was this...
  7. Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning

Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning: Hello everyone, I have a problem that has been bothering me for long enough, and I need some help. I've tried everything and searched the web to fix this at 100% with no success. A week or 2 ago, I noticied that my 'Windows' Key wasn't responding, and same thing with the...
  8. KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working)

KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working): All the function keys are not working .It is happening since a month that laptop keyboard keys are not working.External keyboard when connected works good...
  9. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

in Windows 10 Support
    CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working: I'm trying to find the cause of this problem: CTRL+SHIFT+8 no longer works. This is the standard key combination in MS Word and another text editor I'm using for the command "view hidden characters" (such as spaces &c). I can always assign a different key combination to that...
  10. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working: I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work. For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why shift plus other combinations not working

2. shift enter combination not working windows

3. ctrl shift > not working in word

4. win 10 cntrl shift esc not working,
  5. ctrl shift is not enlarging,
  6. ctrl and shift keys not working windows 10,
  7. windows 10 cant ctrl shift esc,
  8. shift keys not working,
  9. why doesnt ctrl shift ; work in other programs