Windows 10: Some desktop icons are small inside boxes?

Discus and support Some desktop icons are small inside boxes? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sleepypersona [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sleepypersona, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Some desktop icons are small inside boxes?

/u/sleepypersona, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Some desktop icons are small inside boxes? e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Some desktop icons are small inside boxes?

Desktop icons

Hi Simon,

In order for us to address your concern about your desktop, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue about your desktop icons being moved to the left of your screen after every Windows update?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To get these information, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear, check for the version and the build.

(You may need to update your device, kindly refer to this
    link
    for information about the Windows 10 update history as well as how to update your computer.)

• Have you utilized the troubleshooting suggestions posted by Greg Carmack - Windows MVP and SpiritX MS MVP in this thread?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Some desktop icons are small inside boxes?

1. Some desktop icons are small inside boxes? - Similar Threads - desktop icons are

2. The Do not disturb icon on the taskbar and some other icons seems to appear as a small box,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Do not disturb icon on the taskbar and some other icons seems to appear as a small box,...: Updated to windows 11, some icons in the taskbar and notification center appear to be small box, Please provide a solution to fix these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-do-not-disturb-icon-on-the-taskbar-and-some/42281c5d-c238-4e04-ba5f-fda32e9c8716
  3. The Do not disturb icon on the taskbar and some other icons seems to appear as a small box,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Do not disturb icon on the taskbar and some other icons seems to appear as a small box,...: Updated to windows 11, some icons in the taskbar and notification center appear to be small box, Please provide a solution to fix these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-do-not-disturb-icon-on-the-taskbar-and-some/42281c5d-c238-4e04-ba5f-fda32e9c8716
  4. Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small: I purchased a new computer and installed MS Office 2019. All of my desktop icons are fine except for Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The images inside the MS Office icon boxes are too small to see. I increased the size of the icons but regardless the size, the image...
  5. Desktop Icons - White Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - White Box: a little white box has appeared on my desktop in my icons. When I click on an icon the box ticks but I have to tick again to open the link. Its a minor annoyance, but how do I get rid? I think it might have been something to do with winaerotweak but unsure. [img] 173497
  6. Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this?: [ATTACH] I did my research and found that it's probably an issue with the icon being scaled incorrectly, but I'm not exactly sure what to do about it and couldn't find any instructions on it. The icons are 64x64, but I don't want them to be any smaller visually....
  7. Desktop icons really small?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons really small?: [ATTACH] Some of my desktop icons are really small compared to others (see image) and I can't figure out a way to return them to normal. In the image you can see three which are small, others like this are the Microsoft Solitaire, Edge browser, MS Office, and the photos...
  8. All Desktop icons are hidden inside a wide horizontal box

All Desktop icons are hidden inside a wide horizontal box: All of a sudden, all my desktop icons are hidden inside a horizontal bounding box. When I click inside the box, it opens up the Recycle Bin. New laptop. New Window 10 install. The shortcuts still appear in explorer in the desktop folder. Help! [ATTACH]...
  9. icons on desktop got small

icons on desktop got small: After OneDrive was synced, some icons on my desktop got small but the rest of them stayed normal. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-desktop-got-small/5b34ec5f-969b-4d15-bc42-5377ec6f4037
  10. Some desktop icons changed to small (W10P)

Some desktop icons changed to small (W10P): Hi all, I have a rather annoying issue that I can't seem to fix. Some of my desktop icons have somehow changed to a lower resolution image centered inside a 1px frame. Recreating the icons doesn't fix it either, about 20% of my apps have small icons which used to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icons are inside a box