Windows 10: Some Devanagari fonts not working in my windows 10.

Discus and support Some Devanagari fonts not working in my windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some marathi Devanagari fonts (joint letters) are not visible properly in my Windows 10. (Font name is Vesper Libre Devanagari). Please resolve the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vishal Wazarkar, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Some Devanagari fonts not working in my windows 10.

Some marathi Devanagari fonts (joint letters) are not visible properly in my Windows 10. (Font name is Vesper Libre Devanagari).

Please resolve the issue.

Some Devanagari fonts not working in my windows 10. d8c325d5-0292-489e-a488-0a9d283df6a9?upload=true.jpg

It should look like this

Some Devanagari fonts not working in my windows 10. 081aa5a6-6d9f-4e6f-9933-9a81951a2929?upload=true.jpg

:)

Vishal Wazarkar, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Paramaanu Win User

Devanagari Font

Is there any Devanagari Font available for WM 6.1 Touch phones ?

Paramaanu, Apr 23, 2019
  3. How to change the default font for displaying Devanagari/Hindi on my system?

Hi Srimadhwa,

Thank you for response. This does not solve my problem.

The method you suggest is already available on various sites such as :

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-default-system-font-windows-10

this method changes the entire system font for display; But still does not change the Devanagari font for display, only English font display is changed. That is not wanted.

Win10 uses a different font than Segoe UI to display Devanagari Text.

Text which has both English and Devanagari is displayed on windows as a mixture of text containing both Segoe UI for english and Nirmala UI for hindi/devanagari.

There should be a separate entry in Register Editor which tells the OS which font to use to display Devanagari Text on Windows 10. I'm interested to know about that.

By default it is Nirmala UI, if we remove Nirmala UI from the system and install hindi language pack then this language pack brings a different devanagari font in our system named Mangal.

at many places where Nirmala UI was used to display Devanagari text earlier is then replaced with Mangal font. but that too does not happen every where example on a web page devanagari text will be rendered by Mangal font but not on the task bar. On the
    Task Bar still we could see square blocks appearing, coz the OS searches for Nirmala UI font to display text in Devanagari on the Task Bar.

If we re-install Nirmala UI back in our system then any text in Devanagari font on the task bar is displayed correctly but on web-pages devanagari text is still rendered in Mangal font.

I'm interested to know what are those registry keys which tells the operating system to use these fonts for the display of devanagari text, so that if I want to change any of Nirmala UI or Mangal font with any other font such as Noto Sans Devanagari I could
    then successfully do that.

AmarVashishth, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Some Devanagari fonts not working in my windows 10.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Some Devanagari fonts not working in my windows 10.

1. Some Devanagari fonts not working in my windows 10. - Similar Threads - Devanagari fonts working

2. I want to install some fonts that are working in my windows 7 system in my windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to install some fonts that are working in my windows 7 system in my windows 10...: I want to install some fonts that are working in my windows 7 system in my windows 10 system but it appears to not support that particular font in windows 10 system. Can you guys help me with that?...
  3. I want to install some fonts that are working in my windows 7 system in my windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to install some fonts that are working in my windows 7 system in my windows 10...: I want to install some fonts that are working in my windows 7 system in my windows 10 system but it appears to not support that particular font in windows 10 system. Can you guys help me with that?...
  4. I want to install some fonts that are working in my windows 7 system in my windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How To Replace Emoji Fonts With Some Other Colored Emoji Fonts In Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Replace Emoji Fonts With Some Other Colored Emoji Fonts In Windows 10 ?: In Instagram the Colored Emojis are not so good that is those Colored Emojis are very much bolder or those are too much bold.In Facebook those Colored Emojis come directly from the Internet Everytime and those Facebook Colored Emojis are the BEST.But Instagram uses user...
  6. Grey font on menus and blurry fonts on some applications - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey font on menus and blurry fonts on some applications - Windows 10: Hello, This issue as been widely discussed here but I could not yet fix this problem. One way seems to change the gamma settings but I can not find them on my computer. Can anyone help? I want to make the fonts black. I have na Asus with intel i7. Thanks....
  7. How to change the default font for displaying Devanagari/Hindi on my system?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the default font for displaying Devanagari/Hindi on my system?: Using Windows 10 : 1809 build 17763.55. Nirmala UI is I guess the default font for display of hindi/devanagari text. I want to change it to some other font example: Noto Sans Devanagari, which I downloaded from Google Fonts for free. I know this could be done using...
  8. Cannot Print Documents with Trajan Pro or Devanagari Fonts - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Print Documents with Trajan Pro or Devanagari Fonts - Windows 10: This issue started 7/19/2018. I cannot print a document from Word 2013, One Note, or Email that contains the Trajan Pro or Devanagari fonts. It appears to be isolated to my machine. I can print from my Surface Pro 4 using the fonts and from another network connected computer...
  9. Font Problem after update. Some Fonts are not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Problem after update. Some Fonts are not working.: After the last update (I am on Build 15063 now) some of my fonts are messed up. I cannot see them from Corel Draw, there are blank spaces where the fonts are supposed to be. If I hover over the blank spaces then it says fontname (not found). If I go to my font navigator...
  10. Strange font on some windows popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange font on some windows popup: Hello. I upgraded to windows 10 and for example when i delete some files form recicle bin the windows popup have a strange font like this How can i solve thanks 12502