Windows 10: Some downloaded photos show as Notepad

Discus and support Some downloaded photos show as Notepad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Until two or three days ago, any photo opened with Photos. Two or three days ago, some photos are being displayed as Notepad and others are opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeeMoore428, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Some downloaded photos show as Notepad

Until two or three days ago, any photo opened with Photos.

Two or three days ago, some photos are being displayed as Notepad and others are opening with Photos.

I would like them all to open with Photos, as they have to be separated into folders and moved onto flash drives from the folders.

:)

LeeMoore428, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

3. john barr Win User
    Notepad consuming cpu 40%

i dont know what the problem is , looks like i need to format C

john barr, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Some downloaded photos show as Notepad

How do I download a copy of Notepad?

"Windows 10" doesn't seem to respond to your suggestion. More?

ShirleyJChambers, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Some downloaded photos show as Notepad

1. Some downloaded photos show as Notepad - Similar Threads - downloaded photos show

2. Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download: Microsoft Photo not recognising for downloading only some JPG photos that are part of a sequence with no changes made. Reply is "Photos appears not to recognise this format". HELP...
  3. Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download: Microsoft Photo not recognising for downloading only some JPG photos that are part of a sequence with no changes made. Reply is "Photos appears not to recognise this format". HELP...
  4. Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some video file are shows as photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some video file are shows as photos.: I just noticed that in some folders, in my photo gallery, some video files are shown as photo - I can't tell the difference between photo and video file until I click on the file and check its properties. In other folders, everything shows up as it should. Photos like...
  6. Downloads go into Notepad.

Downloads go into Notepad.: For some reason, all of my downloads have been turning into a notepad. Because of it, I cant download anything that I need. Is there anyone that could help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-go-into-notepad/a1bbfd68-649e-4e93-9317-03f8980665b3
  7. Downloads Turning into Notepad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads Turning into Notepad: My Problem is that when I open my Downloads from chrome they turn into Notepad and a bunch of random codes the Main thing im trying to download is Optifine for Minecraft...
  8. Some of my videos are not showing in the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some of my videos are not showing in the Photos app.: I am able to open these videos in the Photos app from the folder, but they do not show up in the app timeline. These videos are in mp4 format and also do not generate thumbnail in the folder. Also, I was unable to change the date from within the Photos app. Any idea what...
  9. Only some of my iPhone photos will download to my PC photo

Only some of my iPhone photos will download to my PC photo: Hi. I'm really struggling to copy my iphone photos from my phone onto my PC. i have approx 3,000 photos on the phone but only approx 1,000 have transferred across. i'm using microsoft photo (getting the something went wrong message). It knows there are more there but i...
  10. Windows 10 explorer photo thumbnails only show some of the photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 explorer photo thumbnails only show some of the photos: [ATTACH] Hi Like the above, in window explorer I can view some of the photos but some can not. I am using Surface book 2 windows 10. Please help. Thanks...